It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Tooth Pain and Menopause?

Yes, I am 50 and was wondering if anyone has experienced off and on tooth pain, mostly in the rear molar region. I noticed sometimes when I eat something really hot, it feels like I'm hitting a nerve or something in my tooth; it's a rather sharp pain, but I don't feel it all the time. It comes and goes on the upper and lower molars on the right side of my mouth. I have fillings in them and also a crown. I've heard that some women get tooth pain during menopause and was wondering if anyone else has had this symptom? I was thinking about going to the dentist, but I really don't think it's anything serious.

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
(female)

LT1215 HB User
Re: Tooth Pain and Menopause?

I have been having this same thing happen. I even went to the dentist just to make sure that my teeth were okay, and there was nothing there. The feelings go from one tooth to another, so I think it is just some kind of nerve sensitivity floating around my mouth rather than a dental problem. Goes along with all the other wierd stuff I've experienced lately I guess. Anyway, you aren't the only one although if you are concerned, I would have the dentist to a quick check.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1215
I have been having this same thing happen. I even went to the dentist just to make sure that my teeth were okay, and there was nothing there. The feelings go from one tooth to another, so I think it is just some kind of nerve sensitivity floating around my mouth rather than a dental problem. Goes along with all the other wierd stuff I've experienced lately I guess. Anyway, you aren't the only one although if you are concerned, I would have the dentist to a quick check.
Yes, I'm going to get it checked next week. But, the fact that it's not constant makes me think it's not anything serious, and also that I feel the off and on pain in different teeth, even when I'm not eating anything! It's really strange. I ate something hot yesterday and didn't even feel it, and then when I was not eating a thing, a felt a sharp pain in one of my lower molars! Just for a second or two and gone!

Old 05-25-2005, 05:20 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

hi
i get this about a couple of times a month also in the right side of my mouth it feels like a dull ache that you get with toothache, i take paracetamol for a few days and then its gone
very strange

Old 06-02-2005, 03:37 AM   #5
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User

My teeth have been the bane of my life over the past few years. I developed TMJ, and I was getting pain every day in some tooth somewhere in my head. Even in a tooth that has a root filling which of course means it doesn't even have a nerve any more. Dentist has checked then and 90% of the time no problem. THEN... I remembered a friend saying she used sensodyne toothpaste, so I bought some...... and hey presto, the pain in my teeth has reduced by 80% I reckon. So find a brand that is for nerve pain and give it a go.

Jude

Old 06-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #6

DebraL HB User

Ive been having the same thing and I have just been to the dentist for my regular exam and xrays, etc. Ive had twinges of pain and odd feelings on several different teeth, so I, too, wonder if its related to peri. I have read that women in their late forties have more 'neuropathy' related to dental procedures. Last year I had a crown prep and the area around that tooth felt HEAVY and weird for months. Dentist said nothing wrong. Anyone have more info on this?

Closed Thread