It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sissypie HB User
Question Hand Twitching????

I woke up with my thumb twitching this morning, and now the other fingers on my left had are doing it some too. If I hold my hand out straight, I can see it twitch. It feels like little surges of nerves going through my fingers that produce this involuntary twitch.

It's driving me nuts! I've read some older posts about some similar symptoms, but haven't been able to find them again.

Is this something that will go away by itself, or does it require a doctor's visit? I know some other serious conditions have this symptom too, so it's a bit concerning to me right now.

If you have had this before, what did you do for it?

Thanks,
Sandi

Old 05-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

JBP HB User
Re: Hand Twitching????

Hi there,
This probably isn't much help, but I have the same thing. My thumbs and other fingers have been twitching off and on for awhile. I also get strange twitches and jerks all over....This has me very freaked out. I've had muscle testing and seen a neuroligist...They don't know what it is...maybe anxiety...which I have plenty of! hope it helps to know there are other twitchers aout here.
JBP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

CynAnn HB User

This has happened to me too!!! It started last year, one morning I woke up and my thumb was twitching, it was so strange. Later that week, I asked my Doctor about it and she was not concerned and never diag. why it was happening, so I just ignored it since she didn't seem at all concerned.

Now, almost 1 year later, it's worse. It happens more often now (very annoying) and it's usually my thumb - but sometimes my fingers too!

The only answers I have are what I've read on this forum.... others who experience "twitching" too.

I would love to hear more. It's a strange symptom, but seems like many of us (in Peri-M) are having it.

I was glad to read that it wasnt just me.
--Cindy Ann

Old 06-01-2005, 05:46 PM   #4
(female)

southjerseymom HB User

It's happened to me too! Sometimes my thumbs, but mostly my pinky and/or ring finger! No rhyme or reason. Luckily it's not very often it happens, but for the longest time I thought it was something serious. Sorry I don't have any theories or advice. Just thought I'd chime in and add my 2 cents.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sissypie HB User

I've had my eyelid do it before too. The thumb has been way more annoying for some reason.

It's so hard to believe that it's associated with perimenopause in the first place! I would never have guess that at all. I was thinking it was something serious too.

Doesn't sound like Cindy Ann's doctor was too worried about it, so it must be part of this stupid journey. Nice, huh? I'm sure my worrying about it only made it worse too.

I have read other people getting internal shakes too. I wonder if it's all the same thing, only in different places???

Thanks for the information you guys.

Sandi

Closed Thread