It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Tingling and head pressure

I've noticed on other threads some mention of tingling in arms and legs, but does anyone get a tingling and pressure sensation in their heads? Mine started about a month ago following a 2-week periord when I started having severe panic attacks (I guess that what they were!) sort of out of the blue. When I had the panic attacks, I'd feel this adrenaline rush and my heart would pound. Now sometimes, it just feels like this rush inside my head, sort of a tingling and then pressure right on top of my head. Sometimes it moves down around my forehead too. My regular Dr. (on one of my many visits) says it's probably tension. Just feels weird to me - I've had tension (and migraine) headaches before. Anyone else?

Old 06-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #2
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
Re: Tingling and head pressure

I've had a fair few moments of head rushes and pressure. Also a feeling of pressure in my cheek bone and out towards my ear. Always on my left side. For me, I think this is related to stress. Had it off and on now for a couple of years. Also had sharp stabbing pains on rare occasions. If you've been checked and Dr says nothing wrong, then try relaxing and accept it is another yukk part of the great journey of menopause.

Jude

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
(female)

Lightheaded too HB User

Interesting - there is another thread listed as "tingling in scalp and face," that raises some of the same questions.... Anybody feel lightheade/dizzy too? Anybody get a real answer from a doctor that the tingling is related to menopause?

Old 04-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

Looking back, I think the tingling, etc. could have been anxiety related. I was going through a rough time at that point with heart palps and panic attacks. I'd never in my life experienced anything remotely like this and was scared to death! Which of course just made everything worse. Over the holidays, I had a few times where I noticed my anxiety level was a little high and had some mild tingling in my head. I know I scrunch my shoulders when I'm tense and anxious. Maybe this contributes to it also. I did also suffer from dizziness around this time, but I think for me it could also be related to anxiety. This is different than feeling "off balance" sometimes. I've had that for about 5-6 years and I think it's menopause related.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

yes - I have been having tingling in my body and pressure heads for months now and a feeling sometimes of disorientation. I went for MRI scan as it was getting so bad (really bad vibrations throughout my body) and eye focusing problems and it came back normal.

yet another perimenopause classic symptom from what I can gather

Old 04-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
(female)

Nance77 HB User

Hi
I also have that tingling on the top of my head, off and on..just started a few months ago...and I get it every once in awhile..At first I had it in my arms, hands, and legs..then when I got it in my head, I thought I was having a stroke..lol I also have the lightheadedness/dizziness....It comes out of the blue, and leaves as fast as it came..what fun!
Nancy

Old 04-15-2006, 05:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

I posted before and I have all that: tingling from chest to hands and legs, funny vision, migraine, "balloon head", nausea, dizzyness, funny heart beats, tummy bloating and the worse part is "my body organs looks like falling apart"!

I have my FSH done. It is 21. It falls in one of the post menopause category. I'm still having my period so the dr said it is not menopause. What does this mean then?

Pika.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
(female)

MNFLOWER HB User

I have been having the same problems, almost 3 years ago I woke up with the strange rush through my head. I had this burning almost numbing sensation in my face neck down my arms and across my chest, along with that the room was spinning. I have had every test you can think of and everything is fine. It was right after this episode the hot flashes began. I have felt light headed of and on for the last 3 years. I had not had a period for 6 months and I started spotting again here comes this burning feeling within my body a rush from my head into my chest and my heart was beating like crazy. Dr's can not find anything wrong but will not accept this as a symptom of menopause.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

I swear some of these doctors are useless. Both the cardiologist I went to and my GP just sort of shrugged and said basically that all this would pass and I may never know what caused it. "It" being of course anxiety that caused all of the physical symptoms.

I haven't been as bothered by the head tingling and pressure in the past few months as I was when I originally posted. It was very worrisome for me. I noticed it that past period - I had a little tingling in my head for about a day and I was feeling just a little anxious. So I guess I can relate it to PMS.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

sad,mum HB User

hi,had this too and can really say we panic about it,is it something serious,i had the feeling i was at that moment just going to die just like that at the click of fingers,and it would make me jittery and panicky all day long and then i started to say to myself bl***y menopause and create a distraction,still happens but i can control it until a new symptomcomes along, sad,mum

Old 04-28-2006, 04:24 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Very sad. They said is anemia caused it. Of couse, cardio said is anxiety. Please, everyone go and check your blood count. Mine is a bit low.

I also add on one more syptom. Feel a hot flash come up from my tummy. I wasn't sure is this most people described "heart burn"? The rest of syptom described at above remain unchange.

How about everyone? Have you found out something which related to these syptoms?

Pika.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #12
(female)

kiwilass HB User

I've been suffering a few lightheaded moments lately. A most uncomfortable feeling of not quite being "with it". Headaches on the left side of my head from neck around the ear and up through the left side and around the eye. Not severe enough for me to take medication but very much a nuisance. They do tend to disappear for a while (weeks) and then return for weeks! I find myself waiting for the next onset of pain all the time!

Closed Thread