It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Just Chattin'

Ladies,
I'm old and confused and can't keep up with all these multiple posts going on, especially those of us who have been just chattin' away getting to know each other! Since this is a meno board tho, I have to mention that if I make it through the end of this month, I'd have been w/o a period for 1 year! I would be in true menopause! Geez, I remember the day when I first got my period and what a fuss my mom made - she told my dad like it was something I accomplished and to be proud about! I even remember my sister buying my first bra! I didn't want to wear a bra - being a tomboy, I wanted to stick to the t-shirts and then my friend's mom told I was now built like a "woman" at age 14 and I hated it!! I didn't want to be a woman, I wanted to be a girl! It sounded so old! Anyway, I've never thought of menopause. It just came on suddenly and now I'm there! Amazing!

molly

Old 06-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User
Re: Just Chattin'

Hi Molly and Jackie,

here I am in this new post Molly so nicely started !! I am on my lunchbreak and just stopped in and I did read in the other thread , Molly that you said you were going to start another post. So I will answer both of your notes in here as you did in the other one with both of ours. I am tempted to answer them one by one to be honest, as I am kind of methodical like that in answering notes, so my first inclination is to do that, but perhaps it will be less confusing to read this way. At any rate, I will try it this way this time and see if it is better for you guys.

It was nice of you to start a new thread just for chattin', Molly. I think the support "just chattin" gives is very important to traveling the peri road we all find ourselves on.

Speaking of which, I am now envious of more than your hair Molly...soon it will be one year as you said that you have not had your period!! So yes I am very envious of that. I know that you had your own bout with troubles with going thru this peri-crazy time and I thank you again for all your help to those of us going thru it now. Your support and words have been and continue to be a big help to me and I thank you!!

It was interesting to read your memories about when you first got your period and the "fuss" your mom made. Mine did that too and also the first bra thing...it was a big deal!! You said you did not want to wear a bra, whereas I not being a tomboy was the opposite and was pretty excited about it. Most of my friends though were not and were more the way you were feeling. I think the time when we first got our periods is really a lot like when we are stopping them or on the way to stopping them in peri, don't you? I say this as the hormones at both times are all over the place, it is scary as it is different for us at both times and also unknown. But both are perfectly natural and it is just a stage that we go thru. I have never associated meno. with getting old for some reason. Guess I am in denial about that!! LOL!!

From your other post in the other thread you mentioned jury duty, Molly. I know the feeling as I had to go last year. They did call my number but I did not end up having to go so I was happy about that also.

So you have a Yorkie-pom, Molly and Jackie has a Yorkie. Your dogs sound so tiny compared to ours. He is 30 lbs. He is not overweight though but very solid so says the vet too. He runs with my husband and gets a lot of exercise. I have never seen a yorkie-pom and so I will have to look it up. I did have a yorkie, my first dog when I was in high school and as I said she was a sweetie. I think it is great you take her with you when you go out Molly. We love to have our dog with us as much as possible to. I always feel bad when he is at home alone when we are working and he is so excited when we come home. He is going to be 12 and I do not even want to think of losing him. He is really puppy like still though and seems to be doing well, although his hearing is not as good as it used to be. But other than that he is looking good and is very playful ,etc. As I said I do not even want to think about it as he is such a part of our lives. He is quite the character as I have said!!

You are right, Molly that Jackie and I both could probably take less time getting ready if it weren't for fussing on our hair, etc!! LOL!! You mentioned mascara. I usually do not wear it as it inevitably irritates my eyes and therefore contacts. Even ones that are made for sensitive eyes or contact wearers I find do not do the trick. I use other makeup and especially love using lipstick. As far as taking time to get ready though for me I think I just do not give myself enough time so am always rushing.

I see we 3 have something else in common in that Paul was our favorite Beatle. He still is for me!! : ) He turned 63 on June 18th, can't believe that one!! He still looks good though and sounds good. We were fortunate enough to see him 2 years ago when he was in our city and it was an incredible concert!! We had seen him about 10 years earlier and that was the first time. My husband tells me I completely froze when I saw him come out on stage!! I was just awestruck I think. My husband and I are very into all kinds of music and so listen to cds a lot. I did like all the Beatles and still do but yes he was my favorite along with George too. I also shared your love of your favorite Monkee, Jackie.....Davey Jones!! I remember too getting a color tv and being excited to see them..IN COLOR!!

Speaking Music.. you live in Elvis' hometown, Jackie!! Would love to see Graceland. Not that I am a huge Elvis fan although I think he is at the root of a lot of rock n roll and was such an influence but it would be great to tour his place. I do like his real early stuff especially.

Thanks for the tip, Molly on not wearing my contacts all the time so as to prevent dry eye. I really need to get new glasses so when I do take a break from the contacts I can use those, as the ones I have are ancient as I just do not wear them. And regarding Lasik, Jackie...I have been told the same thing you said about the surgery that it is a not a big deal, but for some reason can't get past the fear, but I am like that with a lot of things I think. Not good to be like that I know.

The barbeque was very good and a nice warm day for it. It got very dark and Wizard of Oz looking in the sky later , which is unusual here, and a bit humid, also rare.

I know what you both mean about getting confused with posts. In the other thread that you two have been in with Hellas and Little Amy, and others, I have posted a couple times but I have to admit I get confused with who is who there. I have to at times copy and paste the post and address it as I go along in my note and then erase it. I thought as I said I would try this time to do what you both did in addressing both notes in one but I think it was more confusing to do so!! LOL!! but perhaps and hopefully it won't be when you are reading it.

Thanks again Molly for starting the chattin' thread!! Hope your day is going well.

Hugs and have a good week to you both,

rmc

Last edited by rmc12; 06-29-2005 at 10:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hi Molly, glad you started a new one. The other one was getting really long, and you know with this meno-thing, my patience isn't what it used to be! Gosh, that memory of getting your period sure brought that day back to me too. And that was ages ago!
I don't remember my mom in the picture at all, but do remember that my very best friend called me on the phone to tell me she got hers, & then that very same day I got mine. I remember going to her house & sitting in her kitchen, chatting away about it!
I remember the first bra too. A training bra!!! Trained to do what, I haven't got a clue...I'm still waiting for them to grow!!!
Have a good night!
Hellas

Old 06-21-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Hi girls! I wondered where you guys were, and Hellas told me about this thread. I have been enjoying reading your posts, just now. Well, my period story goes like this..... I was 10 years old and I started on Halloween!!! My parents were out of town and I was staying with our next door neighbors. I had the cramps, but I thought I had a stomach virus or something, and then I saw the blood and I knew what was going on. My mom never talked to me about my period, so I was too embarrassed to tell my neighbor what had happened. I went over to our house to look for something to put on, and all I could find was tampons, and I couldn't figure out how you unrolled those suckers to use them! lol I didn't have a clue, so I just kept putting toilet paper in my pants until my parents came home. Mom didn't have any pads, so she had to fold up a rag and pin it in my panties for school the next day - can you believe that???!!!! Of course back then, in my hometown, stores weren't open on Sunday, so there was no way to get anything until Monday. Remember the old sanitary napkins and belts you had to wear with them? When the pads with the sticky stuff came out, that was truly an innovation! And panty hose as well! I hated those darn garter belts. Also, I always had cramps really bad, lots of times I would lay in bed in pure agony - until I got on bcp's. That cleared my acne up and my cramps, but they made me gain weight too. Always got to be a down side - doesn't there?

As far as a bra, I developed early, started wearing one in the fourth grade. I remember getting my first training bra then, and I would sit in class kind of humped over so no one could tell that I had breasts! Too funny

Well, its late, and I'd better get my shower and get into bed. Glad that Hellas told me where you were.

Oh - RMC, yes - I have been to Elvis' house once - but only about five years ago. It's something else! We had a big world-wide meeting for our company and had reps from many companies, and we stayed in downtown Memphis, and a tour of Graceland was the entertainment for one night. I wasn't a big Elvis fan in his later years, but my cousin and our best friend had tickets to see him when he died, and they didn't get to see him. They were so disappointed! His ranch where he and Pricilla spent their honeymoon is only about 5 miles from my house and I pass it all the time.

Ok - you all have to tell me where you all live. Gives me more insight on all of you, and I can get a better picture in my head. (something has to be in there, cuz my brain sure isn't!)

Talk to you all tomorrow

Jackie

Last edited by littlejmb; 06-21-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hey ladies,
Wasn't around posting yesterday much because I had to go into jury duty! Ugh! Have to go into today too! I find stuff like this so much of as imposition - in fact, I find anything that I don't care to do these days, incl. dr. appts. such an imposition!

To answer questions from the other post. I live in Calif. Can you guys guess which city? Also, my baby's is 11, will be 12 later this yr. Her name is Kiwi. She isn't all that tiny either. When she was a pup, she weighed 4# at 4 mos. old. She averaged 7.5# for the longest and recent years she averages 8.5 to 9.2#. She has the hair coloring like a yorkie, but the thickness of the hair is like a pom - she isn't puffy like a pom tho - I keep her in a puppy cut. She doesn't shed, doesn't smell even. Actually, best of both breeds. She is obedient trained, did agility, and also passed her Good Canine Citizen test so how's that for bragging?

Jackie, you had your period really early. My mom insisted that I had it at 10 too but I think she is confusing me w/my sister. I remember it was when I was in jr. high. I think I was 13 or 14. I was always a lot "slower" than my sister. Even tho we are only a yr apart in age, she was always at least a head taller, seem to know more than I did. I felt dumber, more naive but I was more athletic! LOL!

Yes, I do definitely remember the pads and the belt, and when pantyhose first came out! Remember fish net stockings? I can't believe I used to wear those with go-go boots! What a dork! LOL! I was actually a "nothing" in school - not popular, not homely, not with the jocks, not with the bad boys or anything. Just part of the furniture IMO! LOL! But, I did hang out with a lot of guys and played vollyball, basketball, softball, skateboarding! Went to my jr. high dance with 9 guys! Kinda still like that w/me now. Have lots of men friends - moreso than women!

RMC, I was in Hawaii with friends actually driving to Black Diamond Beach where Elvis filmed some of his movies when we heard he died that day. Think it was 1976 or something. I wasn't ever an Elvis fan either. Think b/c we were much younger. I also like the BeeGees - more so now than when I was younger. I really like the singing voice of Robin Gibbs - songs like Massachusetts. I also went disco dancing and was actually pretty good at it too! I still like upbeat disco music. In fact, when first got myself to work out a little after going thru my bad peri time, I started with dancing around with disco music! It was like I had to exert all the internal shaking and the tingling left foot stuff outta me!

And Hellas, nice to see you here too! So, you're giving me the impression that you not too big chested?! Well, don't even think having bigger breasts are all that great! They get in the way, they bounce, a royal pain in the butt if you ask me! I really don't understand women who want implants - esp. the young girls that are into it these days! Guess we're just never satisfied, are we?

Well, ladies, got to go and get ready now to hit the road. Plus, don't want this post to be too long either!

Have a good day!
hugs,
molly

Old 06-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Molly!

I agree with you - Jury duty is a drag. I have been lucky that I never actually got picked to be on a jury. Just think if you had to be on one of the big trials - whew, that would be really bad.

Kiwi, sounds like a very smart dog! I pictured her to be this teeny little thing tho since you carry her around with you all the time - kind of like the little Yorkies you see people carrying around in their purses or something. My Yorkie-Poo, Sassy, was 15 when she died. Hopefully we have lots of years left with Ginger. Her real name is Gingersnap, but we shortened it to Ginger. Name name fit her because of her coloring, she really is a pretty little thing, but of course this is her mama talking.

I would have never guessed that you were in California. I would have guessed maybe Chicago, New York or something with a big city. Do you live in San Francisco or LA? We have branch offices in alot of California cities. I went to San Francisco about 3 years ago for a tradeshow, it was really a pretty city. I envy you that you have been to Hawaii. I have always wanted to go there!

I do remember the fishnet hose- and of course I wore them too. Couldn't wear the go-go boots though, my calves have always been too muscular to fit in them. The only kind I can wear are ankle boots.

As far as music - I love the Bee Gees too. Their music is great - always have been crazy about them. I used to go disco dancing too - and loved it. I have always loved to go dancing, whether it was disco, country line dancing or two-stepping. I really miss that - it's great fun, and exercise. I actually met my hubby at a nightclub I used to hang out at, Desperado. My best freind Polly met her hubby there too.

I was laughing thinking abount you dancing around the house to disco - trying to shake out your internal vibrating and left foot thing. lol Oh, I know I am real dumb bunny - but I have seen you post IMO on several things - what does that stand for? I have seen other people use those initals also.

Well - my lunch hour is over, so I had better get back to it. Hot and steamy here in Memphis - supposed to be 97 degrees tomorrow!! YIKES!

jackie

Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi there Molly, Jackie and Hellas,

Hope you are all having a good day. Thought while on break I'd answer your posts in here. Good to see them!!

Interesting to read the memories of your first periods. I think I got mine around age 11... 6th grade, so what age was that?? My mother gave me lots of literature beforehand. I was home for lunch, didn't want to go back to school but didn't get out of going!! LOL!! I had bad cramps which is pretty much the way it has been since. Birth control pills which I took for 2 years, made them a bit less. I defintely also remember the pads and belt and hated those along with garter belts for stockings. Panty hose was a great invention !!

As far as the first bra experience, Hellas, I forgot they were called "training bras!!" yes it is an odd term for it , isn't it??!!! LOL!!

That is funny, Molly and cute that you went to your junior high dance with 9 guys...you probably were the envy of everyone there!!

Jackie : I am sure Graceland is "something else"!! That is neat that their ranch is so close to you!! I too was not into him in his later years. I think we were too young at the time of his heyday but I do now like some of the early stuff. I did see him right before he died as an aunt who was a teen when he was popular wanted to see him and her husband wouldn't go so she asked me to use his ticket. I was in my early 20s. I was going more as a favor to her. It was fun though and I'm glad I went. It was really fun to see her so excited and like a "teenybopper" over him!!

Molly, Speaking Elvis...that must have been kind of ironic to be driving to Black Diamond Beach in Hawaii where his films were done the day you heard he died!! That beach brings to mind the Gidget movies I grew up with , especially Gidget Goes Hawaiian which I believe was filmed there!! Oh and I like the Bee Gees also, was into Disco in the 70s.

Jackie ...you asked where everyone was from and Molly, you said to guess where in California you live. Let's see... I will guess LA area?? We are on the same coast as it turns out. I am in the Pacific Northwest.

Your little Kiwi, Molly, sounds very cute!! That is also very cute she passed her Good Canine Citizen test!! Very well mannered!! Our cocker is for the most part but does get very excited when he sees people and rambunctious!!

Hope you are all doing well. I was a bit anxious early this week and thought that was going to come back full force but it seems to be under control. After getting my period at day 38 on FriI felt so tired for a day early this week and got some symptoms I usually do before my period. Kind of backwards as I didn't have any before getting it. But that is now passed and I feel more myself.

Hope you are all having a good week.

Take care,

rmc..oh thought I'd put a PS on here (as if it is not long enough!! LOL!! Jackie, just saw your post in the other thread where you were looking for eeveryone. In the For Molly post Molly mentioned she was going to start aanother thread for "just chatting", so glad you found it.
As far as you feeling fuzzy this week as you said, I can relate!! Mon and Tu I was just like in a fog!!

Last edited by rmc12; 06-27-2005 at 12:42 PM.

Old 06-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Little Amy HB User

Hey Gals:
I love all your fishnet stockings and bras stories. You could just be repeating the story of my life. I saw Elvis in concert with my Aunt in 1972 (he still looked good) and like "rmc" it was fun to see my Aunt go crazy over him! I've tried to read all the posts from some of the other threads and my heart just goes out to everyone going through this mess. Do any of you guys get really bad headaches during your periods (those of you still having them)?

Also, Jackie...you mention you live in Memphis. I read that driving the Natchez-Trace Parkway is really beautiful. My brother's family and our family would like a fun place to take our kids this summer and need some ideas where we can take all boys ages 17 down to 1. Last year we went to Colorado to Estes Park and Colorado Springs. Any suggestions are welcome since it sounds like you all have traveled. We are Kansans and believe me anywhere would be interesting to us (besides here)!

Glad I found all the new messages, there are SO fun to read!
Amy

Old 06-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
(female)

BigRedDog HB User

Oh oh oh I found you guys!

I was sent over here. Anyhow, I so enjoyed reading through this chat, brings back so many memories.Fishnets/hot pant suits/Nehru jackets/bell bottom hip huggers and railroad pants/platform shoes /disco (yes hubby and I took lessons too).

I remember when my period first began...I was away at girl guide camp, age 11! Tried to hide it but mom found out and proceeded to hand out the literature and then my older sis gave me the talk. I too was excited about this but soon tired of it and couldn't wait for this time of my life. Actually in 1967 our school made a time capsule to be opened in 2067...I couldn't even fathom that date...I figured living to age 30 would be a long time and I would be so old.

I presently have one husband (retired)/ a greyhound called Reba (also retired)/2 kitties, Thomas (15 yo) and Sparky (12 yo) and Willie (12yo mini schnauzer) and Zach (11 yo old mini schnauzer) who is also blind with cataracts and diabetic and full of attitude!

I don't know about all you ladies but I can honestly say this is the best time of my life. From age 40 til now (50) has been super. The first 40 yrs kinda sucked.

Oh and before I get too much more long winded I will say ta for now and add that I live in Ontario (southern) Canada.

Jenney

Old 06-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi RMC, Amy & Jennie

I enjoyed reading all of your posts and finding out where everyone lives. RMC, I would have guessed you lived somewhere like Portland, because of the low temperature you said you were having there last week. I haven't been there, but I bet it is beautiful. I picture lots of green landscape, and mountains. We have branch offices in Portland, Eugene, Spokane, and University Place, WA. You were saying that this time, you had PMS symptoms after your period - I did that too sometimes when I was going thru peri. I would not have it beforehand and think, wow - I felt fine this month, and boom - it hit afterwards! I thought it was so weird. You and your husband sound like you have always been so close and had alot of fun together. That is so great, I am envious. Mine just doesn't want to go anywhere. His excuse is that he doesn't want to leave Ginger!

Amy, glad you found us here too. You mentioned the headaches - I know alot of people have migranes around time for their periods, but I have not had that problem. I never have had many headaches, and if I did, most of them are sinus ones. I have not been to the Natchez Trace in many years, but it is really pretty. I think they have camp grounds around there too. Most times that I've been down that way, I was traveling to Jackson, MS. Again, my company has branch offices in Kansas - Lenexa, Wichita Falls to name a couple.

Jenney, glad you followed the trail here too. You know, I had forgotten about the hot pants, Nehru jackets, Mohair sweaters, etc. Funny about how we're wearing the bell bottoms and platform shoes again, isn't it. Had I known, I would have saved mine from years ago! I would have been right in style again. The only thing we had that I don't see now is the body suits that we used to wear with the hip huggers. But, these days we're trying to show our tummys rather than cover them up. I even had socks with different colored toes in them to wear with my platform sandals. Wow, you have a lot of dogs, don't you? Like I told you, there are many dog lovers on this thread. And Ontario - wow! Never been to Canada, but we have a huge office in Ontario. As you can see - we are all over the USA and Canada.

Molly, I agree with RMC, it sounds like you had a fun prom! I just went with one guy - and you went with 9!! I wasn't much in high school either. I was not popular because I was a "nice" girl, didn't drink, smoke, etc. I had my group of girlfriends, and we're still great friends to this day. Some of them live away, but we still email and keep up with each other.

On a menopausal note - do any of you ladies get really zonked feeling driving home from work? I will be fine when I leave, but by the time I'm halfway here, I get so sleepy that I go into this tracelike state and can't snap out of it. If you all don't hear from me anymore and it doesn't say "banned" under my name - you know that I had a wreck one day coming home from work. It's really scary, but I can't help it. It feels like I'm drugged!

well - I am off to the tanning salon for a bit. I will check back in on you ladies later!

Old 06-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looks like everyone's onboard now. You all have been busy today. Think I'm going to have to quit my job so I can keep up here.
Jackie: Glad you found you're way over here. Hope you're week is better than last week for you. It's understandable to be a litle fuzzy with all that going on..
Molly: I think everyone on the planet would agree with you on the jury duty issue. I've been on something like 6 juries, including being the foreperson. You don't have to tell me it stinks. The last time was last year. 2 jurors just disappeared on the break and never came back, went thru 2 days of boring testimony, and just before we were going to the jury room to deliberate, they settled the case (civil). Talk about a waste of time! I love San Francisco..been there twice. Seen quite a bit of the northern part of Calif. Loved Yosemite, Big Sur, San Jose, ...beautiful part of the country.
And flying back home on the plane, I had the head phones going & they played BeeGees Massachusetts...boy did that make me homesick (guess where I'm from).
RMC: I loved the Gidget movies. I still watch them anytime they're on. I think I liked Elvis movies more than his music.
Amy: Isn't Kansas in "tornado alley"? That would really stress me out. I used to have nightmares over & over about tornados when I was a kid...probably from the Wizard of Oz movie.
Oh, and Amy, I didn't have headaches until I hit menopause. But one of my friends who is older than me has had awful migraines (with vomiting) every since I've known her. That's about 26-27 yrs. Everytime she get her period, whe get them. I can't even imagine going thru that every month.
Hi Jenny, Glad you've joined in the fun, Wow, you are a lucky lady having all those pets at home. That's really cool you have a retired greyhound...I hear they are great dogs.
Well ladies, I sure do remember all the things you've mentioned. The go-go boots, fishnet stockings, garter belts, Nehru jackets...boy I loved them! Always liked music, just was too klutzy to like dancing very much. All arms & legs & no co-ordination! So sports were out, but loved watching them (then, not now). I've always been a tomboy at heart, and would rather hang out with the guys than the girls. Still hate pantyhose, live in jeans, sneakers or boots. But do like to dress to the nines once in awhile and shock everyone!
Hope everyone is feeling pretty good & no bad symptoms going on from this meno-thing. Have a great night everyone and an even better tomorrow.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Hellas, good to hear from you tonight. Massachusetts - eh? Boy - we are all over - aren't we? Looks like I'm the only Southern Belle here. And no - I don't call people "sugah", but I do say "ya'll" lol.

RMC, I had forgotten your mention of the Gidget movies, and I loved those too. I thought James Darren was sooo cute! I would watch one right now if it was on. I liked the Tammy movies too. Did anyone ever see "Imitation of Life" with Sandra Dee in it? Oh my gosh, that movie used to make me cry like a baby!

Also, you mentioned taking dance lessons when you were growing up - well I did too. I took tap and ballet. I didn't take it as long as you did tho. I can remember my class dancing on a local TV show called "Pride of the Southland" that came on Saturday mornings. See - ya'll didn't know I was on tv - and made it to the big time, did ya?!!

Like Hellas says, have a good night and an even better day tomorrow, girls!

Jackie

Old 06-22-2005, 07:58 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi ...really fun to read all your posts and will try to answer them all in this post:

Molly : I know that I answered your note and posted earlier, but thought I'd say HI . See what you started with this thread!! LOL!! Hope you didn't have to go to jury duty today and that you are having a good evening. You will have to tell me if I guessed right or wrong with where you live!!

Jackie: Yes we were having some cooler temps but we are now getting mid 70s and 80s which I like. I like it hotter too. We had an unusually cool start to summer. It is very beautiful here, yes and the ocean and mts. are about an hour and a half away. The ocean is really our favorite place.

Yes, I am having more symptoms after my period this time than I had before. Like a backwards period. That is good to know that you have experienced that too.

You mentioned that it sounded like my husband and I have always been "so close"..yes I really still feel I am on my honeymoon even after 25 years and I know that is a fortunate feeling. He means everything to me and we both have always put each other first and our relationship first.

As far as feeling zonked when driving home ..yes at times I do. The fatigue just hits you at times doesnít it? But please...be careful when you are driving!! Play some loud music!! LOL!!

Good to see that there are other Gidget fans out there like Hellas and you!! Yes, I was a Moondoggie fan too (James Darren!!) Yes I liked the Tammy movie too!! I did not see Imitation of Life with Sandra Dee but I was a big fan of hers.

So you were a celebrity!! : ) that must have been fun to be on local tv dancing.

Amy : How funny that you too went to see Elvis with your aunt!! He still sounded good when we saw him and it was fun to see my aunt in such awe over him (kind of like how acted when we saw Paul McCartney a few years ago!! LOL!!)

You asked about headaches. I am still getting my period by the way , am 51 and the headaches I have got at times before my period are of the sinus variety. Last year I got more intestinal stuff rather than the headaches. It made me want the headaches back as I can deal with that better than the intestinal bothers!! I am a bit more stable now with the symptoms but anxiety is a big issue for me on and off and a longer PMS in general.

You mentioned vacation ideas for you and your family and kids for the summer. Montana is very pretty and offers a lot of scenic areas. I mention that as it sounds like you all liked Colorado and Montana has the mts. too.

Jenny : Forgot about hot pants! I used to love those!!

You are a dog lover too I see!! Me too!! We have a cocker spaniel and he is a darling!! You mentioned your schnauzers and we have very close friends who have schnauzers and our dog just adores them!! They are two little females.We sometimes dog sit for them.

Hellas : You said you are from MA..originally or are you living there now? I love Boston too.

Glad to know there is another Gidget fan out there!! LOL!!There is just something very upbeat and just fun about them!!

You mentioned you were in menopause...when did your periods stop?

Well I think I covered everyone's notes. Hope you all have a great evening and have good day tomorrow.

Take care everyone!!

rmc

Last edited by rmc12; 06-29-2005 at 10:44 AM.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Ladies!

It's been really quiet on here today, everyone must be really busy like me. Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. I'm going out to dinner with three of my girlfriends tonight. We are going to Fridays. We started out together years ago in the same dept at work, and all of us are still here with the company except one. We get together for our birthdays and Christmas. The one that doesn't work here any more turned 50 yesterday so we're celebrating tonight. We always have fun. She is so different from us tho, her husband died about 17 years ago, and she's never remarried. She has lots of guy friends, and thats all she talks about when we get together and we try to steer the conversation in other directions! lol Of course - we could all talk about our menopause symptoms! What fun!! HA HA The last time we got together she had her a 29 year old boyfriend! She told us a little more than we wanted to hear ha

Well ladies, I hope when I get home I have lots of posts to read, and hope everyone has had a good day. Just think - tomorrow is Friday!!

Jackie

Last edited by littlejmb; 06-23-2005 at 06:10 PM.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi All, Just been reading thru the new posts and really enjoy it. Make's everyone seem
like friends. It's nice.
RMC: Born & raised in MA...Been in the same town since I was 4, except for the year I (mistakenly)moved in with my (ex) BF. Boston was my stomping grounds during high school...whenever we cut school...we'd go hang out all day in town. A lot safer then, than now. I used to know it like the back of my hand, but now only go in there for things like jury duty, eye dr.,etc. Public transportation stinks!
Oh those days of Moondoggies! How come the guys in school were never like him? My other favorite was Troy Donahue.
Well, RMC, I stopped having periods 4-5 yrs ago. I was kind of glad cause peri, I think, is worse than meno. Not that menopause is any joy, but....you get used to all the weirdness of it. At least most of the time.
Hope you have fun with the girls tonight Jackie. Funny, I think there is a lady like your friend in every crowd.
I don't hang out with co-workers on any regular basis. Only company functions. I consider them friends, but I see them 8-9 hrs a day. That's enough for me. Besides, I really like to forget work when I walk out the door. Although my boss for the last 27 yrs retired today, and we're having a party for him Saturday. Food sounds good, and I love him like any other family member. But, I worry a little cause this meno has somehow given me a big mouth....and the owners will be there. I hope I don't forget who is around and say something stupid. Or i will be out of a job on Monday!
Well, it's gonna be hot here tomorrow and I have a wrinkled pair of capri pants that need ironing.
I've probably forgotten to respond to something here, but lots of reading and old brain don't mix!
Oh! I don't have much of a problem with getting groggy while driving home from work cause I only have a 3 mile commute. But if I have to sit at a light long enough I kind of drift off into the twilight zone and everyone starts beeping at me! Don't they know how dangerous it is to tick off someone with no hormones???
Hope everyone has a great Friday... gonna be hotter than you know what here this weekend. Yeah!!!!
Hellas

Closed Thread