It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 04:05 AM   #1
(female)

Flyerfan HB User
Smile Period early, then late

I am only on day 30 but this is freaking me out because the last time I was past 28 days was 11 years ago when I was a week late. I have been having a week of cramps off and on and the general physical feelings but no flow. I am almost 100% sure I am not pregnant. Last month I got it 2 days early, now it's 2 days late (so far). Is this normal in peri? I know everyone is different but can this early/late thing happen? The funny thing is I was wishing & praying it would be at least on day 28 this year so I wouldn't have it for vacation. That's what I get for wishing & praying.

Sharon

Old 06-21-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User
Re: Period early, then late

Hi,

I do not know how old you are but I am 51 and I started seeing changes that you are describing in my period in my mid to late 40s where my once on the clock reliable period that would come at day 28 would suddenly come at day 24 and then the next month day 31. Two years ago I had a couple times where it came at day 40 and then day 50 and then switched back to coming in the 20s. All last year it came in the 20s and then for a few at day 31 and 32 days. This year it has been one at day 34, next at day 49, next at day 27, next at day 24, then next at day 26, and this past month at day 38. SO....yes it does happen in peri and it is very common.

It is always best to talk to your gyn about the changes of course but if you continue to read the posts and read the past posts you will see it is very usual to have them fluctuate even when they were very regular before. I really have not had them as spaced out as some have.

And yes I have had cramps when I have not got my period but felt I was going to get it. For instance this last month I got it as I said at day 38 but I was feeling at day 25 that I was going to get it and did not. My gyn said peri is like a long pms and I have found that to be true.

You may have read about this book in another post but it bears repeating the title as it is an excellent book about this peri time. It is called The Pause and it goes thru all the symptoms including the irregularites or fluctuations in periods. I highly recommend it.

It is a frustrating time I know!!

Hang in there!!

Take care,

rmc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

Oh, yes. I was on the Pill for many years and when I went off at age 38, my periods were every 28 days like clockwork. Then about 2 years ago (at 44) they started coming around 21 days apart. Not only that, but I also get cramps as early as 7 days prior to starting, etc. Geez, I starting feeling like I was either on my period or getting ready to start!

A couple of months ago when I was going through extreme anxiety, I had a period 2 weeks apart, then 31 days apart. I expect to see more of that...

Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
(female)

Ga Lady HB User

I am 36 and I have started doing this too. I know I am having different symptoms of either early period or late. Even thought I was pregnant with a tubal but wasn''t (thank God...my kids are all in their late teens) I think and so does my doctor that I am beginning perimenopause. Mood swings are getting the best of me. And the highs and lows of this has affected me with my job and my family. If menopause is worse than this beginning stuff...I need a supply of 'good meds' to get me through. I had a panic disorder during my early twenties and now still take med's for anxiety ...I can handle anything as long as this doesn't come back full force as it did in my twenties. Panic attacks are a living hell! I pray I never endure those again.

Closed Thread