It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
(female)

Sleep to Dream HB User
Painful Labor like cramps

Please let me know I'm not the only one.

The doctor can't find anything w/ all these damn tests I've lost $$$ to.

They just send me off saying it's normal for perimenopause. They HURT!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Re: Painful Labor like cramps

That is exactly what I had and also described them to others as Labor pains.
I had them two times. Once after not getting a period for 52 days. I was bed ridden the pain was so intense and nothing seemed to help the pain go away. I remember crying alot and feeling so terrible. The other time was last month and actually that time I went to my acupuncutrist, she put some needles in and they were gone within 20 minutes and did not come back. I went into her office doubled over and crying . I figure if it happens again I'll call her.
My Dr. said is might be fibroids, which if I have to get a ultra-sound test for.
Could be because our bodies is pushing hard to release when we have periods at this time in our life?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
(female)

LT1215 HB User

This happened to me when I first started skipping periods. I called by gyno's office and they said that this was normal after skipping periods, and typically means there may be another period in your future, maybe 3 or 4 weeks out. She told me to take 4 Advil, and that should help with the cramps, which it did completely take the pain away. Then, a month later, guess who showed up! She also mentioned that when this happens, your next period can be longer - my next period was more like two periods than ran together....it lasted for weeks! After this experience, my periods started to get even more sporadic.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #4
(female)

CynAnn HB User

Hi!

I just recently also experienced the labor like cramping and was told it was part of peri-m. My periods were always 35 days apart when I was younger, then a year or so ago, they began getting closer and closer, lighter and only lasted for 2 days...until this past month!!!!

I started and it was a very heavy flow with very painful cramps that had me in the bed for 2 days in tears. I took advil and suffered through it...and it lasted 6 days instead of the lighter 2 days periods I have had for the past year.

My Doctor said it was common for someone with PM....geezzzzzz, I dont know what to expect next and dread suffering through that pain again this month.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Oh yes! Those labor pain cramps that stop you in your tracks is part of perimenopause. At first I thought that it was because of my fibroids, but after talking with other women I've learned that it's just another peri symptom. My last experience had me on the sofa in tears. I was afraid to move and waited several hours until my family came home. After they gave me two pain relievers I was able to sit up on the sofa. Since I'm taking bcp continuously I haven't dealt with those cramps in a couple of months. Hopefully, they won't return the week of placebo pills.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

Painful cramping was one of my first peri symptoms about 7 years ago. One time, I was feeling a little crampy but went on my morning jog with my husband and about a mile into it, he had to leaving me by the side of the road and go get the car. By the time I got home I was hyperventilating with pain and crying. What I've learned over the years is Advil helps. I take 3 every 4-5 hours for the first 24-48 hours. I just keep that dosage going, otherwise they creep in again. I recently had my Dr. give me a prescrp for 800 mg ibuprofen (I snitched one when my husband broke his hand last summer) and they work well for taking at bedtime. I don't think any herbal remedies helped me.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User

I am 51, and starting to feel I can see light at the end of the tunnel where peri is concerned. Over the past 6 months probably, I get some nasty cramping, and it always seems strange that for me it can be right at the end, Day 5 of a 6 day period. But they can make me double over. Don't last long but not at all pleasant to have.

Jude

Old 07-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
(female)

Jade30 HB User

I've had major pain problems in my back for over 15 years--2 days prior and 1 day into my period. I've never been in labor before but my mom and grandmother each time they've seen me in this state, it reminds them of when they were in labor.

There are times when it hurts sooo much that I cry and if I don't take pain killers fast enough I go into a hot/cold sweat and/or throw-up. I warned my husband about my pain that it was bad but he didn't know how bad I had it till he saw me about 3 months ago agonizing in bed with the pain because I didn't take my pain killers fast enough.

When I was in high school, I'd skipped 3 days of school every month because I didn't want to feel the pain that I did while I was in class. No one really ever picked up the pattern or knew about it except for the school Counselors.

I remember when my grandmother would say to my sister's after I got up from sitting on a chair "Don't sit there, Jade sat there."

PS: ADVIL I my drug of choice.

Closed Thread