It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Postmenopause and red palms question

I just need some help trying to figure out what is going on here. I am postmenopause and have red palms of my hands. It is more red in the area between the pinky finger and wrist, on the fat pad of the hand.

Also, I have hypothyroidism that is under control. Does anyone have this with estrogen dominance during postmenopause? I am

Old 07-22-2005, 05:40 AM   #2

kittenlover HB User
Re: Postmenopause and red palms question

Is this just in one hand? As we age, our fat pads thin out and maybe you are simply using your hand(s) in a way that presses or causes minor bruising to that area of your hand. Or maybe your blood vessels are just more visible due to thinner skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 06:10 AM   #3
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Lady,
Mine are like that too, I think they always have been. I just attribute it to skin color...mine are also pinker under the fingers on those fat pads and at the base of the thumb. Not much help, but thought I'd share the info.
Conni

Old 07-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Thank you ladies for your replies. Dang, I never thought about the skin getting thinner as we age, and the insides show more. HAAAA!!!

Does anyone have excessive hair growth, especially on the chin? Would this be lack of estrogen and progesterone?

Old 07-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

The only issue I had with my palms were that they became really itchy - this was during my peri stage. Thought it was dry skin and even after putting moisturizer, it still itched and were somewhat red. Eventually, it stopped and things got back to normal.

molly

Old 08-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #6

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
The only issue I had with my palms were that they became really itchy - this was during my peri stage. Thought it was dry skin and even after putting moisturizer, it still itched and were somewhat red. Eventually, it stopped and things got back to normal.

molly
Hi Molly
I haven't posted in a awhile. I have had some rough days with this peri stuff. Just wanted to say I have noticed my skin has become very itchy in the past few months. I scratched my leg one night in my sleep. Woke the next morning with blood on the sheet and horrible marks on my legs that have left faint scars. I have had itching on my palms as well.
Hope you and you POST meno self are doing good!!! I am just hanging in here hoping that this won't last until I am 51!!!! Take care
Penny

Old 08-17-2005, 09:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I believe my red palms are from hypothyroidism. It is called pitting edema. So, time to up the meds.

Closed Thread