It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 07:33 AM   #1
(female)

jzzlvr13 HB User
morning anxiety...how about evenings?

Hi,
I have morning anxiety, a problem I've been having for about a year. I am at my wits end trying to figure it out. I have thyroid imbalance and am in menopause and have been for years. This morning anxiety thing started last summer along with a ton of other symptoms of hyperthyroid, which at that time I was. Now I am hypothyroid and still have anxiety every single morning as well as rolling depression during the day. The one thing I have noticed though is I never have the anxiety or depression at night, no matter how the night goes....argument with husband, some emergency, etc. Does anyone else have the same morning-night pattern and has anyone figured out why. My endo put me on a low dose hrt patch a month ago but didn't change anything. I know my thyroid is off but now I'm hypo and still the anxiety. The problem is that menopause and thyroid symptoms are so similar I don't know where to turn. I surely hope the new endo does. I am getting so I hate to wake up because I know how lousy I will feel all day.
Thanks,
Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: morning anxiety...how about evenings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzzlvr13
Hi,
I have morning anxiety, a problem I've been having for about a year. I am at my wits end trying to figure it out. I have thyroid imbalance and am in menopause and have been for years. This morning anxiety thing started last summer along with a ton of other symptoms of hyperthyroid, which at that time I was. Now I am hypothyroid and still have anxiety every single morning as well as rolling depression during the day. The one thing I have noticed though is I never have the anxiety or depression at night, no matter how the night goes....argument with husband, some emergency, etc. Does anyone else have the same morning-night pattern and has anyone figured out why. My endo put me on a low dose hrt patch a month ago but didn't change anything. I know my thyroid is off but now I'm hypo and still the anxiety. The problem is that menopause and thyroid symptoms are so similar I don't know where to turn. I surely hope the new endo does. I am getting so I hate to wake up because I know how lousy I will feel all day.
Thanks,
Barbara
I had my anxiety morning and night. The early morning was a real winner. Hot flashes, panic attacks, you name it, I had it. I am taking Prozac and believe me, it worked. But I still get it at times and my gyne said that it was normal in perimenopause to feel this way. Glad she understands, coz I don't. Anyways, thyroid too does not help any. It is quite normal for a hyperthyroid to go hypothyroid and you can still get anxiety with hypo as well as hyper. But with menopause mingled in and it plays hard on the thyroid, I would say you are really feeling anxiety. Try taking magnesium or maybe an AD with all this that's happening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
(female)

jzzlvr13 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to have to go for an anti depressive med. I can't take any more of these five week "trials" to see what works. I am going crazy with the feelings. I've always been very even emotionally and was never really depressed. I really hate the feeling and the inability to do anything about it. It my endo doesn't change my thyroid med, I'll try to treat the anxiety/depression medically. It really is the pits!
Thanks again and glad you're feeling better.
Barbara

Old 08-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

i know it's the pits, Barbara and what you are going to do about it is a great decision. Keep us informed.

Andrea

Old 08-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #5
(female)

angelstar HB User

I have anixety when I go too bed I saw my gp last week but she said just up my gel dose but it hasn't worked the thing I hate is that i am tired and can't sleep also if I do sleep I wake up with a where i am I?

Old 08-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Me too Angelstar...my only difference is that I go to sleep okay but 3-4 hours later, I'm in that "where am I" mode too...confused and aggitated. Yuk, its the pits.
Conni

Old 08-08-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
(female)

angelstar HB User

and I have night sweats it's like start at feet work the way up to head and back again I am getting to be tired now (uk time now) but have the oh no aniexty come into play arrrrrrrrrrh

Old 08-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstar
and I have night sweats it's like start at feet work the way up to head and back again I am getting to be tired now (uk time now) but have the oh no aniexty come into play arrrrrrrrrrh

I hear u girl!

Old 08-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #9
(female)

angelstar HB User

you mean i am not the only one who stays awake most nights staring at the ceiling with hot flushes? roll eyes hahaha

Old 08-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
(female)

davalak HB User

This morning anxiety.. sadness... dread is driving me nuts. Iam 56.. no period for 3 yrs now.. take no hrt..no herbs. What the heck causes this? I hate it. I had never even heard it from anyone before. It's nice(if you can call it that) to know I'm not alone. I'll take any advice. :

Old 08-13-2005, 12:04 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davalak
This morning anxiety.. sadness... dread is driving me nuts. Iam 56.. no period for 3 yrs now.. take no hrt..no herbs. What the heck causes this? I hate it. I had never even heard it from anyone before. It's nice(if you can call it that) to know I'm not alone. I'll take any advice. :

Whether or not you had a period or not, menopause takes time. Estrogen withdrawal is very slow, stored in fats for when we need it after the periods stop. The sadness is meno depression, the anxiety too and also that dread feeling, i hate it too. that dread feeling is still related to menopause. have you checked your thyroid?

Andrea

Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #12
(female)

davalak HB User

Thanks Andrea.. i didn't think this meno thing would take this long. Will it come to an end soon??? Yes, I have had my thyroid checked. it's fine. I guess i just need this kind of support and maybe some mega-drugs!!!!
Kathy in ohio

Old 08-14-2005, 05:47 AM   #13
(female)

Ariannalie HB User

I am on the birth control pill to control night sweats and have been doing that for several years. I am now 51 and have not had a period. I also get the strange looks when I tell my femal gyno about anxiety in mornings and feeling anxious a lot. She always asks me if there are outside problems, which I resent because this anxiety feels like when I had terrible PMS.
Since I have heard such varying reports about using hormone replacement therapy - although my mother switched to FEMART from Prempro and seems to be doing fine - I am just wondering what is the right path to take here.
Should I get a complete hormonal workup first? Do you see a nutritionist?
I don't just want to try antidepressants without trying other paths first.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:59 AM   #14
(female)

cartman4 HB User

davalak, I was surprised to hear that this lasts that long. I am 52 no period for three months so I feel like I am just starting the journey. I had awful anxiety insomnia and panic. Some at night and some during the day. I cried at anything and at nothing. Also night sweats and hot flashes during the day. My Dr. put me om Paxil which seems to be helping with the anxiety , panic and crying. I also have anxiety over health issues. I do take vitamins as well and magnesium at night is suppose to help with symptoms. Hope we can help each other through this Take care. Ann

Old 08-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriannaJolie
I am on the birth control pill to control night sweats and have been doing that for several years. I am now 51 and have not had a period. I also get the strange looks when I tell my femal gyno about anxiety in mornings and feeling anxious a lot. She always asks me if there are outside problems, which I resent because this anxiety feels like when I had terrible PMS.
Since I have heard such varying reports about using hormone replacement therapy - although my mother switched to FEMART from Prempro and seems to be doing fine - I am just wondering what is the right path to take here.
Should I get a complete hormonal workup first? Do you see a nutritionist?
I don't just want to try antidepressants without trying other paths first.
Well guess I'm lucky, my gyne and my gastro doctors understand this perimenopause and both told me if I am waking up in the early mornings with surge or anxiety, then it's perimenopause, unless there is something else wrong medically and I've had my blood and thyroid and etc, etc, etc, lol done. so it is just what it is and i know, it's not fun.

First of all, I would get a gyne who understands perimenopaues and menopause. Then I would have a complete hormone work up. Then I would decide if it is the hormonal path you want to take, the AD you want to take or nutrition. Nutrition of course will make you feel well, will it cure menopausal symptoms? No.

Andrea

Andrea

Closed Thread