It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
internal shakes

what is the difference between internal shaking and anxiety?
i thought what i was having was anxiety all the time but now i am not sure if this is the internal shaking a lot of you talk about.
it feels a bit like anxiety but not quite the same

Old 10-19-2005, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

wvangel HB User
Re: internal shakes

Hey Chilli, I know exactly what you are talking about. It's like I have the jitters inside my stomach. I wasn't for sure if this was anxiety either. My doctor put me on prozac 2 days ago. I really hope this stuff works. I am having really bad mood swings She put me on Estroven, and I've been on it about 2 weeks now. Seems like the hot flashes have calmed down, but not completly gone. But it's like the other symptoms got worse. And this jitter thing in my stomach is driving me crazy. So I know how you feel.
And I have been waking up at exactly 2:00 a.m. every morning, and can't go back to sleep. Why 2:00 a.m? I am so glad I found this site, because before I did I thought I was losing my mind with all these symptoms. But now that I see you guys have them too, I know I'm not crazy!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

When I was going thru my peri times, I too thought the internal shakes was anxiety. I have had anxiety before and when I really focused on how I was feeling, it didn't feel the same. Plus I used to get anxiety when something dramatic/tragic happened to me and at that time, nothing happened except that I suddenly started feeling bad. I tend to pace a lot when I have anxiety too, which didn't happen either.

With me, I felt like I had weak jelly legs all the time. The internal shakes felt like I was jittery inside all the time. I couldn't see anything shaking but it's like the inside of my body was constantly vibrating, like a constant nervousness. It was worse at night. I hated it! It would wake me up and I would be laying there and my body would be vibrating - this sensation going up and down throughout my body. It lasted for hours too! I was so scared of taking Ativan all the time, that I would hold back from taking it. If the internal shakes got really bad, then I would take it a little and it seemed t help. Don't wish this symptom on anyone!

molly

Old 10-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #4

Gaitsofgold HB User

Same here! Menopause symptoms are just the pits. I've had the internal shaking so badly that I thought we were having an earthquake! I'm not kidding. I too have anxiety, and have had it for 10 yrs. But this type of internal shaking is definitely different.

Randi

Old 10-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

I've been anxious about many things in my life (flying, meeting, public speaking) and I did not have the internal shakes during those times. Now I have the internal shakes and feel anxious/nervous. I'm dealing with that symptom right now and it feels like I'm shaking on the inside from my waist up to my head. This causes a weird pressure type sensation in my head...my head feels heavy.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hey Hopefully,
So sorry you're dealing with those **** awful internal shakes! My heart goes out to you! Are you taking any magnesium? From another meno board, women suggested taking 500mg/day and 500mg/bedtime of Magnesium daily to help rid the internal shakes. I didn't know about this until much later and when I was put on paxil cr. Once I read about the Mag, I did start taking it anyway out of fear that the internal shakes would come back full force. I still take it...I think the internal shakes were the worse and most scariest symptom for me. My head also felt weird - it wasn't like a headache, like you said more like a pressure or a light sensation around my head. I kinda felt like I wasn't all there too - spacey maybe? Hard to describe actually but I remember no OTC pain reliever helped. Evening Primrose Oil is suppose to help with headaches - maybe this will help with the weird head sensation too...another thing that I'm still taking even tho I'm post-meno now and have no symptoms other than a few aches & pain.

Take care and do hope your symptoms will go away very soon!
molly

Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
(female)

skays HB User

The internal shaking I feel is from head to toe, but cannot be seen. It's somewhat like the feeling I get when I've had too much caffeine except when I've had too much caffeine you can see my hands shaking. I've been taking 500 mg magnesium each morning and 500 each night and thought it was helping. But for the past 3 days it's been horrible again-24/7. I've had practically every test there is and they've all come back normal so have decided it is perimenopause.

I usually have a spacey feeling along with it and the "off balance" feeling too. I hate driving when I feel like this. I don't think these symptoms are because of anxiety, but the symptoms definitely cause anxiety-at least for me!

Old 10-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
(female)

lorbis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvangel
Hey Chilli, I know exactly what you are talking about. It's like I have the jitters inside my stomach. I wasn't for sure if this was anxiety either. My doctor put me on prozac 2 days ago. I really hope this stuff works. I am having really bad mood swings She put me on Estroven, and I've been on it about 2 weeks now. Seems like the hot flashes have calmed down, but not completly gone. But it's like the other symptoms got worse. And this jitter thing in my stomach is driving me crazy. So I know how you feel.
And I have been waking up at exactly 2:00 a.m. every morning, and can't go back to sleep. Why 2:00 a.m? I am so glad I found this site, because before I did I thought I was losing my mind with all these symptoms. But now that I see you guys have them too, I know I'm not crazy!!! Thanks!!!!!!

WVAngel,
I hear you! In September I kept waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety-racing heart, nervous feeling, shaking, etc. My time was 1:00 am-no matter what time I went to bed, 1:00 seemed like the magic number. I couldn't figure out why!!! Thankfully it just kind of died down and I've been having pretty good sleep without much waking (well, except for night sweats, which I'll take anyday over that anxious feeling).

Laurie

Old 10-20-2005, 01:24 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

thanks all of you for replying.
i thought i was going out of my mind
i am sitting here this morning sending this post and i feel all jittery and on edge, its awful, i cant stop shaking but like you say its all on the inside.
i have just started to take magnesium, B6 complex and omega 3 supplements hope these work.
anyone know anything else i could try?

Closed Thread