It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

lynn826 HB User
Question Drug Induced Menopause at 28yrs of age

Hi,

My name is Lynn and I have been in a drug induced menopause for a year now following endometriosis surgery. Having menopause at 28/29 sucked. But, what was I going to do. I Was on a heavy shot of Lupron every month and last month was my last shot. I'd like to know if anyone, no matter the age, was in a drug induced menopause and I'd like to know what to expect in coming out of it.

My surgery was quite extensive as my doc removed 3/4 of an ovary, i had endo all up and down my spine and just everywhere, they couldn't get it all however. I wasn't willing to deal with the pain and bleeding any longer, and hopefull my chance of having children will increase now, after the surgery and having my hormones be at 'rest' for a year, although the outlook doesn't look too hot.

Basically, I can't get info anywhere when it comes to coming OUT OF a drung induced menopause and I'd really like to know what I can expect.

Thanks so very much!!!

-Lynn

Old 10-23-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Drug Induced Menopause at 28yrs of age

Hi Lynn,

I had endo surgery about 8 years ago. Then they also put me on the Lupron shots for 6 months. I went into menopause with in a few days so I took a HRT for the six months. When the shots where done the pain returned in a very short time. This doesn't happen to everyone so maybe this won't happen to you, I hope not. Anyway I then had a hysterectomy and they left my ovaries. My pain returned with in a few months, I was not a happy camper at that point. I thought I had done alot of research before the hysterectomy but when the pain returned (which happens in over 50% of women) I went back to researching. I joined the Endometreosis Association and got tapes and books (nutrition tapes were really good). I found that by giving up sugar and white flour I was able to be out of pain. It took 3 or more months for the pain to be gone but it was so worth it. Plus I lost weight, 75 pds. It has been long enough that I really don't remember how long before I noticed a difference. 7 years later I still don't do sugar and I do very little white flour. Please Please do some research on this, it is hard to find. I tried a couple months ago for someone else and could not find it but I no longer am a member of the endo. assoc. and I think that is where I heard the nutrition tapes. I am still pain free. I pray you find the answer because I do know how much pain this can cause.

Take care, Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
(female)

lynn826 HB User

Thank you so very much julie!!!!
I cannot express my grattitude for you!!!!

I will try the no flour, white sugar thing, as I NEED to lose the weight I've gained while being in menopause, or so I TELL myself it's because of the menopause....anyhow....since my body has changed...a lot more than I wanted it too, but then again, that's life!

I've been off my shots for over a month now and no pain, no period and still the normal symptoms of menopause, which sadly enough, I'm used to now. 'Used to' being I know they're there...not welcoming however. I'm supposed to have a dr. appt on friday of this week.

I don't know what to expect and since my doc deceided to take a vaca...and I HAD and appt. 3 DAYS FROM NOW, and I JUST got the CALL......I dunno WHAT to expect!!! But then again, I have to understand that every BODY is different...I guess I'm just having a hard time with that. don't know about kids, I don't know about my future periods and the pain factor, I don't know much! I guess now a days, it's just your on your own to experience whatever and then go back to the doc with reports...screw him.
The sad part is that I looked for years for a doc to perform my surgery...without the years of the miracale meds.....yeah...have a nice TRIP!!!

Ok, ranting again, sorry, I'm replying to YOUR post....sorry...

Like I said before, going 'into' this, I knew what to expect....well, what I expected and what I got just blew my mind away so I have the UTMOST RESPECT for women going through this for the first time...but I guess I was a little more prepared than most, since I didn't have a choice....but coming out of it....and my doctor pulling this crap....yeah, i'd like a vaca too but i'm planning a wedding and working full time and going to school full time too to not know what the h#ll is going on with my body!!!! Ok, a little rant there and i apologize.

Hope some of what i said helps!!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Hi Lynn, You rant all you want, you are not alone in the ranting dept. I am in menopause now and can say for me it was worse during the shots becasue I didn't know what to expect and it was a shock. Not to mention it was all of the sudden. Except now I'm not sure when it will end and then I knew it was a six month period of time. For what you've been through you need to rant. And don't even get me started on doctor's. They don't seem to know what they are doing most of the time and don't seem to really care. Anyways, There are lots of recipes that use whole wheat instead of flour and instead of sugar you can use unprosessed honey, but I would try not to even use that for awhile. When you buy bread make sure it is 100% whole wheat not wheat enriched. You look at all labels. I hope the planning of your wedding day goes very good, enjoy. Make sure to take time for yourself and relax.

Take care, Julie

Closed Thread