It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
No Period for 8 Months Now Heavy Flow

I am a 46 year old who started changes in period I guess about 18 months ago. Initially my periods started to decrease to one episode of having one and then none for 3 months. At that time I did a HPT to make sure everything was okay even though hubby had a vasectomy. Then we went to monthly, I had colon surgery in May 2004 where there was evidence of endometriosis in which a endometrioma was removed around the rectum and some scar tissue around the bowel from endometriosis. Prior to this I had no diagnosis of endometriosis and was surprised by the surgeons findings. The surgeon also told me there was a small fibroid noted in my uterus which he left knowing that it would decrease in size as my hormonal levels decreased.

I did have a history of extremely heavy periods in my twenties which were controlled with the BCP and fine after I stopped the BCP around 3 years ago. I skipped my period after the surgery for three months which the surgeon said was normal and then 8 months ago stopped completely. I just started up again last month with a very light period. Yesterday I started again and I am going through 12 maxi pads a day and a super plus absorbancy tampon every hour to hour and a half.

Does anybody have any idea what could be going on. I admit that I am overdue to see my GYN but thought I would see what some opinions here might be. My mom had an early menopause and I assumed I was going through the same....that is, until now.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks ~ Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

sissypop HB User
Re: No Period for 8 Months Now Heavy Flow

Hey Goody,

While heavy periods along with some that are very light are very common as is irregular timing of them, yours sound especially heavy and something I would have checked out right away.

I too had trouble with endometriosis and had laser surgery for it then went on Lupron injections. I think the Lupron may have done more harm than good. Although I never really had any more trouble from the endometriosis I wonder if I would have gotten along better without the Lupron.

Anyway, it sounds like you need to talk to your doctor at least and see if they want to see you.

Closed Thread