It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Hello everyone! Update!

Hi. It's been a bit since I've stopped through here. I've tried to stay away on purpose since I was so addicted to this site. I've come back to tell everyone my latest, as I have also posted to some other subjects here recently.

Well haven't gotten my period now since August 29th. Every month it feels like it's going to come and nothing comes. I get the cramping, bloating, munchies, etc. but no period. I have also gained at least 5-7 pounds by not having my period, just lovely, ehh? Well, I visited my gyne, she took an ultra sound and the lining of my uterus was thin, so not overgrowth there, thank God and my ovaries looked good. Anyway, through these months, I have experience headaches, horrible hot flashes and night sweats, thank God they've calmed down now, some anxiety, unbelievable dreams!, and weight gain, mostly in the hips, stomach (whew!) and buttocks. Now I don't mind the buttock gain, could use some there, but the stomach has to go. It's like being pregnant again but with no baby inside, lol!

I have noticed a bit of aging, nothing drastic, but I still notice it and I wanted to say it was because of weight gain, but I believe my estrogen is at a very low which makes the skin dry. Thank God I haven't gotten dry in the vagina area yet.

I'm making another trip to my husband overseas. The plane ride is 12 hours long, Good God! I have no clue how I'm going to make it this long. The last flight, I was able to fly 8 hours and take a break, then moving on to another 4 hours, slept most of that way. Any flyers here that can give me great advice beside Xanax to sleep most of the way??????????

It's longer coming home, that's even worse, lol Ok. everyone have a great holiday coming up and I will not be posting after Tuesday of next week because I will be gone, but Happy New Year Alllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention a bit of dizziness here and there. But this weight gain has to go. Now I do take Prozac, but I had an up and down weight thing way before Prozac, just a hormonal thing. I just turned 47 last month but I feel that my period is not gone yet. It's just annoying to have cramps, headaches, bloating, etc. and no period. But then again, after I got older and really went into peri, there was no blessing after the period either like when we were younger. I mean we just could 't wait to get our periods to get rid of PMS. Well HELLO Peri! PMS/ 24/7! LOL What a curse!

Ok, I'm finished and have to say I missed this board. I love it here. Even if no one answers me, I still feel better discussing it here, makes me feel sane, that I'm not alone, that others feel as I do. It's better as a group ladies, than hauling it alone.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User
Re: Hello everyone! Update!

Hi Andrea,

I was thinking about you a few days ago, wondering how things were going for you as I hadn't seen you on here for quite awhile. You were one of the first people I "met" when I first found this board. Was happy to see you respond to a couple of others posts recently, so I knew you were still around. So just want to say hi!

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, I think you are right that your pd hasn't gone completely yet. I had that for more than a year before it finally disappeared - where it would skip a few months and I'd still get the bloating etc. It's very uncomfortable. And you are right also about the PMS 24/7. Too true.

Don't have any advice about the airplane trip either. I HATE flying and so I just don't do it.

Well, good to hear from you. Have a safe trip, stay calm, you'll do fine.

Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year!

Nornie

Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Nornie. So good to hear from you. Well I'm not feeling poorly, just strung out on hormones, lol I just manage, I guess. I wonder if anyone else grinds their teeth like me, left side only, weird. It's like if i get a power surge, not including a hot flash, just a power surge, I grind my teeth, don't do it all the time, but do it.

So glad to hear from you. How are you feeling?

Andrea

Old 12-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

Good luck Andrea! BTW, belated Happy Birthday!

Is this what I have to look forward to????? ACK!

Old 12-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Hi Andrea,

I do alot of teeth grinding at night. That really started during peri, hadn't done that prior. Went to the dentist because my teeth hurt so bad I was sure I had major problems. He poked and prodded and took x-rays and all was fine, but said that my teeth showed signs of grinding, and that was the reason for my pain. For me it is also just the left side, but I'm not aware I'm doing it as apparently I do it in my sleep. I know you can get those guards, just don't want to bother, as it's not all the time. Mostly when I'm just stressed out.

I'm not feeling too bad these days. Still get the bloating. Not sure if it's still hormone fluctuations or food allergies. Does seem to be lots better if I don't eat wheat. I hadn't had any bouts of bloating for months, then had a bunch of meetings at work where they brought in bagels for breakfast, I ate, and then had a week of major bloating. Ugh. Hate when it happens - it's such an uncomfortable feeling, like there's a balloon in my stomach that needs to burst. Not sure if they're connected but trying to limit my wheat consumption.

Nornie

Old 12-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good luck Andrea! BTW, belated Happy Birthday!

Thank u so much! I can't answer if this is what u will look forward to, everyone is different.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OH Nornie, I forgot about ur wheat allergies. Well, I'm sure some of it is menopause. Are you still regular with your periods or have they stopped? Refresh my meno memory, lol

Irritable bowel happens to be one of my culprit when my hormones are shifting. The reflex got better a few months after taking acaphex everyday. God that was so bad when my hormones were swinging.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
OH Nornie, I forgot about ur wheat allergies. Well, I'm sure some of it is menopause. Are you still regular with your periods or have they stopped? Refresh my meno memory, lol
That's okay, wouldn't expect you to remember everyone's stories! We have enough of our own symptoms to deal with! I'm actually 2 years post now. Still have symptoms though - I didn't have a single hot flash till my periods stopped! Sort of a delayed reaction. Like you said to fabat40, everyone is different! That is for sure!

Nornie

Old 12-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
(female)

danigirl HB User

Andrea!! I have missed you and wondered where you were! Things have not been much better for me . I am 49, but I think everything for me is slower than it is for you. I still have my periods, the last two have been much, much lighter since starting my homeopathic remedies but this last one was long...about 10 days. I should invest in the Kotex company. Anyways, since starting the homeopathic stuff on October 28th, I hadn't had any nausea, no anxiety/panic attacks, was in a great mood, everything was good. Then two days ago, BAM, I was driving on the freeway and thought I was going to crash. The panic attack hit me all at once. I had to roll all the windows down (this is in 10 degree below weather, people must have thought I was nuts) just to get air to breathe. I had to get off the freeway and call my fiance on my cell because I know he is the only one that can calm me down. So now I don't know whats going on. Some of the symptoms are coming back. But he increased my doses to 3 a day so we'll see if that helps, and I'm still doing my progesterone cream at night. I don't know what to tell you about the plane, I absolutely hate flying and I only do it when I must. Stay in touch with us!! Stay safe!!

Old 12-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh i hate flying too. What homeopathic are u taking? Panic attack on the expressway, let me tell u honey, i thought i was the queen of that. Have you ever been in an accident or witnessed one on the highway that might have frightened you? It could be the menopause, it's well-known for causing panic attacks but if you had any trauma driving, etc. that can cause a panic attack too. Look inwardly about that. If nothing comes up, well you know it's that old memory on the last panic attack or just menopause or both! Yikes! So glad to hear from you.

Andrea

Old 12-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nornie
That's okay, wouldn't expect you to remember everyone's stories! We have enough of our own symptoms to deal with! I'm actually 2 years post now. Still have symptoms though - I didn't have a single hot flash till my periods stopped! Sort of a delayed reaction. Like you said to fabat40, everyone is different! That is for sure!

Nornie
Oh yeah! Those hot flashes! The hot flashes I got this time, it was about 4 weeks after my last period when they began heavily. Whew! AT least I didn't panic wisth them but sweety, I was on fire, sweating, u name it. Now they've calmed down again. You know, here's a fact, so says the doctors, but not sure if I believe it. They say if you are thin, you are likely to feel menopause harder. But I have had the symptoms just as hard with the weight on. This is due to the fact that fat stores estrogen. I do say that I am feeling a bit better than when I was thin. My blood pressure seems to stabilize also a bit when Im heavier. But the rest of my body hurts, looooooooooool You just can't win, sweety! There's always something!
You know, all of us women deserve the Nobel Peace Prize when we're done with this, don't ya think?

Old 12-22-2005, 08:00 PM   #12
(female)

danigirl HB User

Hi Andrea, I was recommended to this chinese guy by a friend who has gone thru this peri thing. She told me he has helped thousands!! Anyways, I am taking Sepia and Nat Mur in spray forms. I do one spray of each 3 times a day now, he started me off at one spray a day for a month and then increased it. I couldn't tell you right now if its doing anything or not because I've felt some of the symptoms coming back the last few days. I've also gained about 7 lbs in the last two months!! I hate this weight thing. I'm starting WW right after the New Year. What do you take? Tell me it all including vitamins.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:57 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Danigirl:

I went the Chinese herb route, that's how I had my daughter, Jessica. You need to give it time to work, because it's more natural versus chemical drugs. Do as instructed, they are still meds and still can be side effects but not dangerous ones like chemical medicine. I really don't think there is anything out there that we can take that will magically heal us but, there are some great alternatives to help aid the process. Right now, I am only taking Prozac, 20 mg. I lost my brother during my major perimenopause break-out and it has reallyhelped me a lot with some of the peri symptoms. Sometimes it's better when the mind excepts these symptoms and you know mentally and emotionally what you are going through helps a lot. And of course, vent, vent and vent.

I forgot to post here that one of my most aggravating symptoms is feeling tired all the time. It's totally erratic when i feel tired, how often i feel tired and how much at times I want to sleep. The other one is the weight gain. Now the hot flashes, internal shakes, anxiety, teeth grinding, etc. are bothersome too, but I have at least accepted that package. Now I have new signs, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggg , but i love this site and keep coming here for your sanity, lol!

Andrea

Old 12-23-2005, 07:07 AM   #14
(female)

danigirl HB User

Thanks Andrea. I am so glad you are back. You always have just the right information that helps me every time. I will continue to take the sprays!! We'll see. I'll give it a full month. I love this board, all of you have made me feel so much better about this whole thing.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have a great holiday, Danigirl.

Closed Thread