It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

laineyk HB User
burning sensation down arms and back?

Alright, heres one, I have anxiety so I cannot tell if this is anxiety or peri. I startde my period (finally after 41 days) the day before yesterday, and of course its hard w/ alot of clots (beg your pardon, don't mean to be too graphic) so yesterday I started feeling really off and as the day went on it got worse until last night while TRYING to fall asleep I got this burning feeling down both my arms and back and tummy. I finally took 1/2 klonopin to try to calm down which it worked but of course woke covered in a night sweat....has anyone else felt this burning feeling? Is it anxiety or can it be Peri?
I just need some reassurance, especially since my anxiety was really staying at bay for the last month or so.
God Bless, Lainey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: burning sensation down arms and back?

Lainey,
You might have hot flashes like I do. Mine are backwards. Instead of invovling my front, they involve my back. I will feel heat in my back which leads to a small stream of sweat rolling down my back right on my spine. Then I can feel heat behind my ears as the heat rises from my back. Does this sound anything like you are describing? Then my face gets sweaty. Maybe you are like me and this is your body's way of doing hot flashes. I have had nights were I was hot and woke up but not sweaty. We keep our bedroom cool because my husband likes to snuggle up under a ton of covers. Of course we are in winter, that might change as we head into warmer weather. I have also had hot flashes with my period. It is possible to get that!
-Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Lainey: That's how I began my hot flashes. They would only get me int he back and arms, sometimes my legs. I was freaking out and of course, when you are experiencing hot flashes or changes in hormones, it definitely causes ANXIETY! I'm the Queen of it right now! LOL

Old 02-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Lainey,
I went thru a time when my arms (from elbow down) and my feet would burn. It happened during the day and night so it was pretty much ongoing for a time period. I don't know if I would consider it a hot flash or not. My hot flashes hit me in the face where I would feel really hot, get sweaty, thinking I am beet red (but I'm not). The burning arms/feet were really painful. I had to soak them in cold water. Now this symptom is really weird and something you never read about except from other ladies on boards.

I don't think any of the peri symptoms we get can be explained as to why and what causes them. I think we just start getting them, freak out while we're having them, and then eventually they do go away - well, at least, for me it did.

Knowing that there are some of us out there with same/similar symptoms, try not to worry because that brings on anxiety and just make things worse. I know it's easier said than done but you have to tell yourself that's it hormone related and that it will pass.

molly

Old 02-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
(female)

laineyk HB User

thanks to all that replied...Airfante, I beg to differ with you.....but I AM THE QUEEN of anxiety...I reign over this. I am a wreck lately...waiting to IMPLODE!!!! If not for the Lord I would definately be in a looney house.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #6
(female)

Wizard HB User

Hi:

I'm currently in a stage where I get a burning/prickling feeling in my arms from wrist down and in my legs from about knee down. It seems to be worse during different times of the month (gets really bad just before, during and in the days after my period when the hormones are at their lowest) and I notice it more in the evenings than during the daytime.

I do get a few hot flashes but they seem to be in the chest area so I consider it two different symptoms of peri.

Right now, I take Clonanzepam when the burning sensation is the worst otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

I'm not having anxiety with it (yet) but I get out in stores and public places (like the library) and I sweat and then I think I must stink even though I had a shower and I have deodorant on.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

OH I totally understand! When I was going thru the anxiety heavy duty, my God I lost 25 lbs in less than 3 months and it scared me even more. Therapy helped me a lot. Psychotherapy, I lost my brother and went into meno full blast around the same time!

Closed Thread