It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
constant headaches

hi
anyone suffering headaches more than usual?
i have never suffered from headaches only occasionally, but just lately i have been having them almost constantly.
they are accross my eyes and at the base of my neck and they are driving me mad, is headaches a part of peri?

Old 02-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #2

manyboys HB User
Re: constant headaches

I would say so. I have read that they are, but it has been my experience that I have way more headaches (like the ones you are describing) since beginning peri.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hi chllijava,
Constant headaches can be part of peri/menopause. But, it sounds like you might have sinus headaches. You might try taking Sudafed and/or Tylendol Sinus to see if it helps. I have taken 1 of each before it works.

During my peri days, I had what I thought were constant headaches. But, nothing gave me any relief. My head felt weird - they weren't like a pounding pain - more like a light pressure and I remember my neck hurting too. Mainly, I just didn't feel like my head was clear. I felt like I wasn't all there. Hard to describe. But, it was one of the worse thing to have because it was constant. It drove me crazy too! Maybe it was what they called foggy brain....and not a headache afterall?!? Also, from the "Before the Change" book, she recommends Evening Primrose Oil for headaches. I think it helps because I don't get headaches or that weird head sensation anymore.

molly

Old 02-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
(female)

neucindy HB User

molly123
I think you described me, your headaches sound like mine, dull pain but pressure, some days though I have terrible pressure on top of my head, i have been dealing with sinus infection for 4 months, this has got to be worst yet, my aunt told me headaches were her worst symptom, and i have to agree with her,
i also have foggy brain with pressure, otc do nothing for me, aspirin helps though but that of course messes with my stomach, what a life!!!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #5

olderlady HB User

I have had the same kind of headache. First I think it's a neckache sort of like a stiff neck and then it's around my eyes like a sinus problem with pain and pressure. It's never really bad though just annoying and of course with my current health anxiety I think it's a brain tumor or a stroke. Sometimes a really bad hot flash will bring it on. It's amazing and comforting that I can have a symptom that I think just I have only to find out I'm not alone. I can never say thanks enough.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

When my peri symptoms were at their worst almost a year ago, I got terrible headaches. It felt like a band wrapped around my head and sometimes tingling sensations. I thought for sure I had a tumor! Anyway, as I began to feel a little better, it subsided, but I do still often get low grade headaches. Usually across my forehead right above my eyes. I'm always dismissing it, saying my neck muscles are tense or I haven't drunk enough water today. But, I get them almost daily.

Closed Thread