It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
What was your most troublesome symptom this past week?

Hi everyone,

My most troublesome symptom this past week, and the one that has been so constant is the sleeping troubles because of this irritable bladder thing. Last night I must have gotten up at least 4 times to go to the bathroom. Even with taking an Ativan around 7pm, I still got up constantly. This is so hard because I never feel rested and refreshed in the morning, and I work full-time. I have all the other things too: tightness in chest, hard to breathe at times, muscle aches, stomach issues, afternoon sleepiness, constant ringing in ears, and so on... I'm a mess! I keep remembering what Hopefully said: "This too will pass..."

Let me know about your week, even if you felt good!!

Thanks so much ladies!
Lynn

Old 02-25-2006, 06:44 AM   #2
(female)

laineyk HB User
Re: What was your most troublesome symptom this past week?

Hi, I think we are peri soul sisters. where do you live? Maybe we can have a pity party sometime soon. I feel like everyday I face a huge challenge. I get up all night too with going potty and those dang night sweats. I really haven't had a "hot flash" that I know of ...YET!
My anxiety is horrible, neck pain, ringing ears, feeling off balanced, trembling, not feeling like I can eat.....oh my...but you wanted to know the worst symptom this week?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2006, 06:55 AM   #3
(female)

k9wife HB User

I am new to the group. I am 36 and have been suffering with all these lovely things for 3 yrs. My worse problem this week is-early morning waking. I swear I could go to bed at 2am and still wake at 5am. If I could just get some sleep, I would feel so much better. I also can't stand cold flashes-yeech!

Old 02-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktik
Hi everyone,

My most troublesome symptom this past week, and the one that has been so constant is the sleeping troubles because of this irritable bladder thing. Last night I must have gotten up at least 4 times to go to the bathroom. Even with taking an Ativan around 7pm, I still got up constantly. This is so hard because I never feel rested and refreshed in the morning, and I work full-time. I have all the other things too: tightness in chest, hard to breathe at times, muscle aches, stomach issues, afternoon sleepiness, constant ringing in ears, and so on... I'm a mess! I keep remembering what Hopefully said: "This too will pass..."

Let me know about your week, even if you felt good!!

Thanks so much ladies!
Lynn
Hello Lynn! I understand about getting up 4+ times during the night to make that mad dash to the bathroom. When my anxiety is flared up I would get up as much as 6 times during the night!!! Compounded progesterone has helped me with this symptom.

My symptoms this week has been stomach issues, feeling lethargic, anxiety, a bit spacey feeling, feeling blah, anxiety, knee swelling and pain, cramps but no period, and my body feeling so heavy and tired as if I have the flu, but I don't. Oh, I forgot...I'm experimenting with the dosage of my progesterone and now I'm having shortness of breath. I haven't had to deal with shortness of breath for months. There is also the weight gain and water retention but I'll save that for another thread . Yes, this will pass .

Last edited by Hopefully; 02-25-2006 at 07:29 AM.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9wife
I am new to the group. I am 36 and have been suffering with all these lovely things for 3 yrs. My worse problem this week is-early morning waking. I swear I could go to bed at 2am and still wake at 5am. If I could just get some sleep, I would feel so much better. I also can't stand cold flashes-yeech!
Welcome K9wife ! I hope that you find support and comfort here. It's ashame that we all had to meet under these circumstances, but it's surely reassuring having women who fully understand.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:03 AM   #6
(female)

jitteryme HB User

Anxiety and muscle tension/tightness in my neck. I am tense, nervous and restless most of the day. I am so tired of waking up every morning between 4:00 and 5:00 feeling anxious. Wouldn't it be nice every now and then to sleep in and just have a "normal" day?

Old 02-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineyk
Hi, I think we are peri soul sisters. where do you live? Maybe we can have a pity party sometime soon. I feel like everyday I face a huge challenge. I get up all night too with going potty and those dang night sweats. I really haven't had a "hot flash" that I know of ...YET!
My anxiety is horrible, neck pain, ringing ears, feeling off balanced, trembling, not feeling like I can eat.....oh my...but you wanted to know the worst symptom this week?
Hi Laineyk,

Well, I live in Santa Maria, CA and most of my friends are in Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande, and only ONE of my friends has any peri troubles. The rest of them are just "breezing through!" So, my mom is my "sounding board" and hears me groan! I forgot about the neck pain--I have that too, along with the really off-balanced feeling, especially in the evenings. I don't have the hot flashes yet either, but ohhh those cold bone chilling chills--not fun! Where do you live? I hope you are in a warm climate, since this is such a cold time of year!
Lynn

Old 02-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
(female)

laineyk HB User
Cool Re: What was your most troublesome symptom this past week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktik
Hi Laineyk,

Well, I live in Santa Maria, CA and most of my friends are in Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande, and only ONE of my friends has any peri troubles. The rest of them are just "breezing through!" So, my mom is my "sounding board" and hears me groan! I forgot about the neck pain--I have that too, along with the really off-balanced feeling, especially in the evenings. I don't have the hot flashes yet either, but ohhh those cold bone chilling chills--not fun! Where do you live? I hope you are in a warm climate, since this is such a cold time of year!
Lynn
Hi Lynn, no I unfortunately do not live in a warm climate...I am from Liverpool, NY....a suburb of Syracuse. As a matter of fact its a blizzard outside right now. I too get so cold that I will be wrapped up with a blanket, heating pad in front of the gas fireplace and still not warm enough....yet then I get into bed and wake covered in sweat umpteen times a night. I really haven't anyone who is my sounding board, thats why I come to this board alot...to be reassured that I am not dieing of a dreaded disease. California sounds real nice right about now...must be nice living where you don't have to purchase boots & winter coats, well its nice to meet you and hopefully we will be able to encourage one another often.BTW how old are you? I am 47

Old 02-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
(female)

cjanierun HB User
Cool Re: What was your most troublesome symptom this past week?

Hi Everyone!

Oh lets see, my most troublesome syspton this past week;

Muscle pains, shortness of breath (this is a new one for me), tired, back ache one day low, the next day high, constipation, going to the bathroom for my bladder at least 5 times a day and a couple at night, I think that is all for this week. Oh yea, got my periord AGAIN....worst cramps that I have had since before I got pregnant back in the 70's. They lasted for two days and I only had a period for three days. then it stopped and then started AGAIN! I just keep thinking that maybe sometime soon I will feel good again then I stop and try to remember what that felt like. I am 53 and so over this monthly thing. Wish it would just stop and I could get back to feeling good again. Guess I should be happy since I do not have a lot of hot flashes yet but with my luck, I am sure they will be just around the corner. I know my poor husband is tired of me complaining....so I just do not say anything, but it is so hard on days that I just want to do nothing but lay around. I joined a wellness center so that I could get moving a little bit thinking that maybe that might help. It certainly can not hurt. I live in South Florida and I see all these seniors out walking and doing all sorts of activity and wonder how they get the energy. Maybe after this menapause thing is over...we too will be able to enjoy life once again without all these crazy symtons. I worry too much as it is when something new begins to happen and imagine all kinds of horrible things, which I am sure is not too good for the stress thing, right? Oh well to better days everyone. thank for letting me talk out! Hang in there... =

Old 02-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #10
(female)

merphi1024 HB User

cjanierun - I too am 53 and live in south florida (Jupiter). My mom is 82 and can run circles around me. So maybe when all this is over I'll be able to keep up with her !!!!!!! When a new symptom starts for me I think I must have some horrible disease and worry as well. But I figure if i'm still around to tell others what that is in a day or so, it must not be as bad as I imagine. My most troublesome symptom this week had been an overabundance of hot flashes always followed by a cold flash. Had one hot flash last 20 minutes!!
Hang in there - you're not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanierun
Hi Everyone!

Oh lets see, my most troublesome syspton this past week;

I live in South Florida and I see all these seniors out walking and doing all sorts of activity and wonder how they get the energy. Maybe after this menapause thing is over...we too will be able to enjoy life once again without all these crazy symtons. I worry too much as it is when something new begins to happen and imagine all kinds of horrible things, which I am sure is not too good for the stress thing, right? Oh well to better days everyone. thank for letting me talk out! Hang in there... =

Old 02-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

My most troublesome symptom is my cycle started again only after 14 days break! ugh!

Oh man <big sigh> it's tough being a woman.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #12
(female)

Wizard HB User

Hi:

This is the first time in the last 5 months that I've actually had a pretty good month. The tingling is gone, not much in the way of major headaches, I've been pretty anxiety free. Interestingly, this is also the first time in 5 mths that I've had a normal cycle, right on the dot of 28 days and a normal flow, not the little one day period that I've been getting for the last 5 mths. Of course, for the first time in 5 mths, I have major cramps and aching legs. If it's not one thing, it's another.

I guess the hormones are semi-normal this month.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:56 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineyk
Hi Lynn, no I unfortunately do not live in a warm climate...I am from Liverpool, NY....a suburb of Syracuse. As a matter of fact its a blizzard outside right now. I too get so cold that I will be wrapped up with a blanket, heating pad in front of the gas fireplace and still not warm enough....yet then I get into bed and wake covered in sweat umpteen times a night. I really haven't anyone who is my sounding board, thats why I come to this board alot...to be reassured that I am not dieing of a dreaded disease. California sounds real nice right about now...must be nice living where you don't have to purchase boots & winter coats, well its nice to meet you and hopefully we will be able to encourage one another often.BTW how old are you? I am 47
OH! I lived in Manhattan for 7 years, so I know how cold it can get in New York! I miss a lot of things about the city, but I don't miss the winters! We mainly just need sweaters here. I am 51, and still having very regular periods, so I know I have a ways to go. I was up 5 times last night to go potty! I don't know how such a small person can hold so much urine every night, all night! That and the sleeping problems, the anxiety and stomach issues, etc. keep me from getting to be me. I too have thought at times that I have every disease known to man, because of feeling so bad and having so many strange things happen to my body. So, I understand completely how you feel. I hope you will have a better day today, and you will be able to stay warm. Please know that myself and the others are definitely here for you!
Lynn

Old 02-26-2006, 07:13 AM   #14
(female)

Les44 HB User

Having lots of peri symptoms this week - at least I think it's peri. Although it's minus 20 degrees here so hot flashes mean I can walk around in a t-shirt. Had to go for my one year blood test (7 tubes of blood, YIKES!) to make sure my anemia condition's still in remission. I'd say the worst part of peri, at least for me, is not knowing if my feeling crappy is just part of the natural change of life or a relapse of my blood disorder. See my hematologist in one week and have ALL my fingers and toes crossed. In peri I know the symptoms aren't life threatening and will go away, at least for awhile.

Les

Last edited by Les44; 02-26-2006 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #15
(female)

Lily Girl HB User

For me the worst problem has been waking up a thousand times a night to pee.....okay maybe not a thousand, but it sure feels that way.
My night sweats are gone, so I'm happy. (I'd rather pee than sweat )

I have, though, been getting headaches alot. Not migranes, thank goodness, but constant throughout the day.
My scalp gets a little tingley, too.

Closed Thread