It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Wifelyone HB User
Unhappy Are these "chills" perimenopause?

I am 40 years old and have started having irreg periods every once in a while. In the last few years I've had a couple of times when my period did not come and it was so uncomfortable my doc gave me meds to jumpstart it. Also, have started having migraines around menstrual cycle. But, my biggest question is that I can't figure out what these "chills" that I am having are. They don't ease up at all through the day unless I am concentrating really hard on something, or literally running around. It's kind of like having chills that come with a fever, but no fever, and I feel COLD. Even with the weather nice, I am in a sweater. Sometimes my skin feels like it is almost crawling. Don't seem to get hot flashes. Seems like my body temp is low? Thyroid was checked out and that was fine. Very strange and irritating symptom and just hoping to hear that I am normal. Also hoping for any help with meds or vitamins/minerals that might help. Not on birth control - never have been b/c can't tolerate it. Please help - the chills are driving me nuts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Are these "chills" perimenopause?

I began having those chill in my mid to late 30's usually a week or two before my period would start. Then it progressed to any day or time of the month as I approached the stage of severe perimenopausal symptoms. Brrr.....I would get chills that had me shaking and curled up under several comforters and a blanket. It even took my electric blanket turned up high awhile to defrost my freezing body. You are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread