It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
rash and hives

hi
anyone having rashes and hives for no reason?
i have been having a rash on my neck for a few months now its really itchy and sore and sometimes has little spots
i seem to find its worse at the end of the day and when i am having chills and i have the itchy crawly skin
is this a peri symptom

Old 03-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: rash and hives

Hi,
About 1 1/2 years ago I developed a rash on my neck too. At the same time my scalp would get very itchy after I colored my hair. Also, I couldn't wear my fake nails because my cuticles would become swollen and red. I have tried every hair color out there, I get the same rash on my neck and sore scalp that last for weeks. I still am getting the rash on my neck, even thought I have not colored my hair for several months. Out of the blue too, I will get a small patch of hives on different parts of my body. Have no idea why. I really think it is all peri connected. I also can't eat certain foods or take a medication I have taken for years because of hives. What a fun time! Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #3

lenorefig HB User

hi
I suffer from constant itching. My skin and scalp are very sensitive. It is always almost the same order: hot flash, sweats, cold flash then itchy skin. It jumps all over and can drive me crazy. If i scratch i get welts along with a rash and hive like bumps. I think this is called formication. I try Benadryl or some other form of antihistamine. It does give me some relief for a brief time. I also read somewhere that raw beets grated or juiced should help give us some relief. I am going to try it this week and let you know what happens.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User

I started menapause 8 years ago, when I was 50. That was right about the time that I started getting hives over most of my body (except my face). I went to 5 different dermotologists, who did blood tests, biopsies, etc. I also saw 2 allergists. No one could tell me why I got these hives, that came and went. I suffered for nearly a year. My GP told me that it could be from menapause (changes in hormones, etc) and that the hives would eventually disappear. He was right. But it was so bothersome, I thought I would go crazy!!

Closed Thread