It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
What symptom causes you the most health anxiety?

Hi everyone,

I think the symptom that causes the most health anxiety for me is the times when I feel like I can't breathe. During my workout yesterday, I was short of breath and it concerned me a little. However, on other days when I exercise, my breathing is normal. So, it comes and goes. Last night when I came downstairs to relax on the couch, the breathlessness was really noticeable all evening. I have a heart murmur, and my doctor did an EKG when I was there last month. It came out fine, but this shortness of breath is kind of scary. My mom thinks peri anxiety causes it. The other symptom that causes some health anxiety for me are the digestive troubles.

What causes you the most anxiety? Do any of you have the shortness of breath?

Thanks, all--I always appreciate your responses!

Lynn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: What symptom causes you the most health anxiety?

Presently, the shortness of breath causes me the most anxiety. However, the anxiety causes the shortness of breath. It is one vicious circle.

I think that, during peri, it was difficult to determine whether my symptoms were from anxiety or peri. They are so interrelated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User

Hi Lynn, I get shortness of breath also. It is scary for sure. Sometimes it develops into a panic attack and I have to breath into a paper bag. This doesn't cause me alot of health anxiety because it comes and goes so I think that if something was seriously wrong it wouldn't go. What causes me the most anxiety are my frickin hives, they don't go. I'm always stressing that something awful is going on inside and the hives are a sign. This is the worst heath anxiety I've ever had.
Mary

Old 03-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
(female)

smvdelv HB User

For me, right now, it' s the bleeding that won't end (no period from December 1 - January 27, then spotting, mixed with a few hours of heavy bleeding, until March 7th, and since then moderate to heavy bleeding), along with waiting for ultrasound results. The waiting is killing me. My stomach has been an off and on issue, and this week it is pretty bad, due to anxiety, I am guessing (hoping). This morning I have had diarrhea on top of everything else, and again, am thinking it is the stress of all this.

My question is how much bleeding is considered a lot? I am going through a super tampon about every 2 - 3 hours. This morning I am noticing some small clots again. Also, the color tends to vary - sometimes bright red, sometimes dark. What is this all about?

I cannot believe how I dissect everything my body is doing. I'm sure that is not helping my stomach!!!!

Old 03-18-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

smvdelv- I know that you are going through a lot with this. I hope that I can reassure you. My sister in law had the same thing. It would go on for a month or so and her doctor told her it may be Uterine Cancer. She had the ultrasound done and nothing was found. The doctor wanted her to have surgery just to see what was going on.

Nothing was found. She was just having some hormonal changes due to peri. She was 52 at the time and that was a year ago.

Hang in there and let us know what you find out.

Closed Thread