It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

smvdelv HB User
Ultrasound Results (Finally) in.. Thickening of the Uterus

Hi all,

Well, after a week and three phone calls, the doctor's office called today and my ultrasound showed a "simple cyst" on my ovary (which she said is a "good" thing, and usually resolves itself) and a thickening of my uterus. That is freaking me out! I need to go have an endometrial biopsy on April 6th and I am scared to death! Has anyone else had this problem with the uterus? As you all know, I am such a worrier to begin with! This is putting me over the edge! The nurse did say that this sometimes happens as we get older, but of course, I have myself convinced that I have cancer!!!!!!!

When I had my internal last week, the doctor said it was "slightly" enlarged, but she wasn't worried. I did have a CT scan a year ago and nothing showed, so I guess that is a "plus". HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Ultrasound Results (Finally) in.. Thickening of the Uterus

Hi,
I think uterine thickening is normal for peri-menopausal women. I am sure your doctor wants to do the biopsy just to make there is nothing else going on. What did they tell you about the follow up on the cyst? My doctor said I have to keep having ultrasounds to check on the size and make sure it doesn't change. I hate all these changes we are going thru. Most of us are dealing with the same things, but still scarey. Never knew my female organs would give me so much trouble at this point in my life! I finally went on the pill for the heavy, non-stop bleeding. Has helped alot. Consider that if your biopsy turns out ok. Take care, Ann.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

smvdelv HB User
Re: Ultrasound Results (Finally) in.. Thickening of the Uterus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisersS&C
Hi,
I think uterine thickening is normal for peri-menopausal women. I am sure your doctor wants to do the biopsy just to make there is nothing else going on. What did they tell you about the follow up on the cyst? My doctor said I have to keep having ultrasounds to check on the size and make sure it doesn't change. I hate all these changes we are going thru. Most of us are dealing with the same things, but still scarey. Never knew my female organs would give me so much trouble at this point in my life! I finally went on the pill for the heavy, non-stop bleeding. Has helped alot. Consider that if your biopsy turns out ok. Take care, Ann.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the response. I am begininng to calm down a bit. I should have asked for something for this anxiety I keep getting over all this s#$%!

I have to go back for an ultrasound in May to check the cyst. She said they usually resolve themselves. I read about simple cysts, and they are rarely cancerous, so I am not worried about that. It's the uterus that has me a bit freaked, but if it is the big "C", I will just have to deal with it. UGH...

Closed Thread