It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

anita4pets HB User
Stomach woes

Hello Ladies,
My stomach has been crazy the last few months. What I experience changes constantly so I have a hard time trying to figure out what's going on and, to eleminate foods if they are the cause. Here's a list. Is anyone else having all or some of these issues?
  • Feeling as though you had swallowed a boulder
  • a tight painful feeling in the lower right-hand side, almost in the back
  • Burning as though someone had thrown a match into your stomach after eating things like tomatoes,spicy foods, etc
  • Bouts of dirreah followed by periods of constipaiton
  • A tight feeling of soreness in the stomach area
These symptoms come and go. Sometimes I have good days or even good weeks then, WHAM one or all come back with a vengence. Oh yes, I forgot to mention the latest adventure in hormone heaven....I have stomach issues at night in conjunction with night sweats (which I thought had ceased for good). If my stomach feels okay then I don't seem to get the night sweats.

I had my gall bladder out about 4 years ago and I have even experienced pain that feels like gall bladder pain. My doctor informed me that it is possible to get gall stones after gall bladder surgery. Gee, that made me happy.

I feel helpless, hapless and hopeless. Can anyone out there shed any light on this nightmare?
Thanks!

Old 04-11-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Stomach woes

Hi,
I can relate to your symptoms. I wish just bragging not to long ago that the gastro problems some ladies were having I hadn't experienced-yet! Boy, they hit with a vengence the last few weeks. Loose stools after eating anything, almost didn't make it home in time last night after a nice meal in a restaurant. Nausea in the middle of the afternoon for no reason, heartburn at night. I haven't really lost my appetite, wish I would alittle, but i'm scared to eat anything for fear of the nausea or diarrhea. Alot of ladies rec. the ginger candy for nausea, I guess I will try it. I can't believe how one set of symptoms will leave and other new ones comes right in! Take care, Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

What I have been dealing with is gas, and constipation. I have never had so much !! It is almost continuis.
I cant even eat white bread or rice forget it ! And beans?? OH MY GOD !!!
So I have to watch now on what I do eat so there is no problems.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi ,

yes, "stomach woes" were a big peri symptom for me a couple years ago and I do have reoccurences of it. I am 51 (almost 52) and I think the first thing I noticed in my late 40s was my cycle changing a bit...just coming earlier. But then two years ago the stomach things hit : gas , like every morning waking up with it; also more diarrhea (which was always a symptom for me in Pms) during my cycle and just more general issues with my stomach than before. It went on for about 3 months pretty steady , also with twinges and also a feeling on the right side , like an ovulation feeling but sometimes I would feel it higher near my waist like it was radiating. I read on this board that others had this too and that really helped. Another thing that helped , which you may already know about , is a book called the Pause. It offers a lot of info on every symptom in peri and one of them is gastrointestinal symptoms.

The symptoms waned and I never got them as bad as that time. (now watch me have a reoccurence!! lol!!) I know for me the more anxious I got about it the worse it was. And once I found out it was common in peri , it all settled down.

You aren't alone that is for sure as a lot of women have the same symptoms.

Hang in there,

rmc

Old 04-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

I am getting this pain on the right hand side near to the waist and sometimes it is in conjunction with stomach problems. It feels quite sharp sometimes and sometimes just muscular. I was getting quite worried about it. I get the heavy boulder tummy too at the moment.

I wonder what the pain on the right hand side could be? I was getting a bit worried about it.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
(female)

anita4pets HB User

Ladies,
Thank you all again for doing what this site does best...reminding me that I am not alone and that I'm not losing my mind!

Closed Thread