It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
anyone having vision problems?

i am having problems with my vision, i very frequently have either blurred vision or everything seems hazy
i have been to my doc to check this out and she cant seem to find anything wrong
is this another peri symptom

Old 04-28-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: anyone having vision problems?

chillijava,

One thing you might want to get checked out is your blood sugar -- one of the complications of diabetes is vision problems. Of course, it could just be too much computer surfing! :-)

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

dear chill java
yes I have the hazy vision and have had it for some months and I have just been confirmed by my doc as being in perimenopause. Its kinds of shimmery sometimes when I look at objects and I find it difficult to stay too long on the computer, My friend is an optician and she can find nothing wrong and my MRI brain scan came back negative too. I think it is linked to the perimenopausal dizziness that is so common. I liken my vision to sometimes being like when you see heat haze and it goes all swimmy.

I recently had bloodtests (which is when I found I was on peri and all was normal except the FSH hormones. My glucose and thyroid levels were normal as was my blood count. Its got to be linked to hormones as everything else appears normal.)

regards
Linda

Last edited by LINSCYCLIST; 04-28-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

Thank God that perimenopausal symptom has almost completely passed. I remember when I began having that hazy vision issues. At home it wasn't as noticeable as when I was outdoors and especially in stores. I also had my eyes examined multiple times and my vision is good. It had gotten to the point where I could not look at the computer monitor for any length of time without my vision becoming blurred and my eyes became watery. I think taking flaxseed, borage, and primrose oil helped. This too shall pass .

Old 04-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

For some reason, this happens to me each day after lunch. My visions gets blurred, my eyes twitch really bad, and I just want to go to sleep. Since I work full-time, I can't do that. I will tell my doctor about it at my next visit, and see what he says...

Old 05-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #6
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

I particularly had problems with my vision in stores too. When I tried to focus on the shelves I felt so dizzy and a couple of times I had to quickly get out as I felt myself ready to pass out and my head literally spinning. The last few times have been ok but its worse during my period definitely

Closed Thread