It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User
swollen and tender breasts - but one more than the other

I don't know whether I am worrying about nothing (or is it more peri anxiety) but about a week to ten days before my periods my breasts get very swollen and tender - but particularly the left one. I am quite big breasted anyway but I have noticed over the last two or three yťars that the left one seems bigger than the other and gets more tender. In the past I used to get more tenderness in the other one.

I have done examinations and can't find any lumps but the left one just feels more sensitive to touch or when I brush against something or wear a tight t shirt. Should I be worried about this? The tenderness goes away after my period but it still feels sensitive? I am getting hot flushes this month and I am noticing the sensitivity more.

any help appreciated as keep getting anxious about it.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: swollen and tender breasts - but one more than the other

My bible for all peri related symptoms is Dr. John Lee's book "What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause". He tells you all sorts of things that you can do to alleviate symptoms. Another good book is by Anne Gittleman, "The Pause". Check them out at your local library.

I used to have the tender breasts and now that I am taking various supplements it went away. I don't know which supplement did it because I was mainly trying to get rid of the bloating, anxiety and mood swings. I am dreading when the hot flashes start, but looking forward to the end of periods. I hope this helps you out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

My right breast has always been larger and more sensitive, especially before my periods. But, my left underarm always feels sore and slightly swollen. I don't understand it at all. The last few months I have had very little tenderness in my breasts at anytime. I thought maybe it was because I was low on estrogen, but a doctor friend said that could be a sign of low progesterone too. Who knows anymore, changes everyday. Ann

Old 05-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

I'm going through that same thing right now! But, it is my right breast that is more sore and sensitive than my left. I've been feeling a little anxious about it, so thought I would go ahead and make my appointment and see what my doctor says about it. He hears from me a lot! It seems like every day there is something new to cause my health anxiety to kick in!

You are not alone! Have a nice day...!

Lynn

Old 05-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I have the same issue also on my left side (larger and more tender). My breasts are also large, even after a breast reduction 15 years ago. I seem to get sore within a week after my period ends, and I have about a 22 day cycle, so it seems to never end. Back in February, I was checked by my gyno and she said all is fine. Suggested evening primrose oil and calcuim. It seems to help some, but not completely.

I also have small ovarian cysts that keep resolving and reappearing,so my hormones may be out of wack. I'm 47 and probably in peri.

By the way, I've never posted before, but have been monitoring for quite a while. I have extreme health anxiety. When I saw this, I had to jump in, since this is my lasted bothersome problem

Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisersS&C
My right breast has always been larger and more sensitive, especially before my periods. But, my left underarm always feels sore and slightly swollen. I don't understand it at all. The last few months I have had very little tenderness in my breasts at anytime. I thought maybe it was because I was low on estrogen, but a doctor friend said that could be a sign of low progesterone too. Who knows anymore, changes everyday. Ann
Hi again
I also have the tenderness and feeling of being swollen in my left underarm along with the sensitivity and tenderness. It must be hormone related. I find I am most sore before my period but like you I have this underarm thing. It really worries me sometimes - like most things during peri.

I feel sometimes lately like my body is at war with itself
thanks for all the posts everyone
Linda

Old 06-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I just wanted to give an update here. I just finished my period on Friday, and I noticed throughout the weeked that my left sided breast/armpit area pain was almost non-existent.
Although I was pretty sore (again, on both sides, but more on the left) the week leading up to my period.

I'm acutally having my yearly mamogram tomorrow - I'm glad I won't be too sore for that - good timing I guess.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that my left sided ovarian cyst that I've have for the past few months, may have reslolved. I am quite certaing that all of this is hormone related. I'll probably have my levels checked again when I go for my yearly gyno exam in August.

marymk

Closed Thread