It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
All these symptoms on a daily basis now--oh my!

Hi everyone,

I have the following symptoms on a daily basis now:

nausea off and on
buzzing in feet, shoulders and neck
blurred vision after lunch
twitching in eyes off and on, all day
afternoon sleepiness (I work full-time!)
frequent urination during the night
funny feelings in my chest--flutters and tightness
constant pulse in right ear
irregular periods
tightness and cramping in legs
sudden fatigue
sweet cravings
intermittent sleep during the night, every night
very sore breasts when my period is coming...

I will be seeing my doctor this coming Thursday. He's really trying to help. I exercise faithfully and try to eat the right foods. Anyone else have a list this long of daily symptoms?? If not, what symptoms are most prominent in your lives these days??

Sorry this is so long--thanks for any responses you might have!

Have a good Saturday...!
viktik

The Following User Says Thank You to viktik For This Useful Post:
oneida (02-08-2011)
Old 05-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User
Re: All these symptoms on a daily basis now--oh my!

Viktik, happy Saturday to you also. Several of your symptoms I've dealt with over the course of 4 years since going into perimenopause. It's encouraging to me to looking back at what symptoms I use to experience, but I'm no longer dealing with them. Here is my current list:

Migraines
Joint pains (use to be my knee now it's my right shoulder and right wrist)
Lethargic
Sleepy during the day
Sweating (especially first thing in the morning)
Weight gain (Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!)
Water Retention (I found relief recently by drinking lots of black cherry juice)
Pimples (did not have these when going through puberty...an now they show up! )
OCD (seems worst during my period)
Irregular Periods (after 4 years of being irregular the last 2 months have been regular)
Weepy (went days feeling like crying for no apparent reason...then my period started)
Dizziness/slight spacey/woosie (haven't had these in this intensity for awhile)
Weird vision (sorta blurred vision at times...might be allergy related)
Frequent Urination
Loss of appetite
Salt craving
Nervous/anxious feeling

Thank God that this will pass .

Last edited by Hopefully; 05-27-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
(female)

shell1 HB User

I am emotional & I am constantly hot and sweating. My head sweats so much and is so hot my reading glasses fog up. I started to do better and then it seems like I am backsliding. I hate this so much. I just want this to be over. How long does this usually last. I have been going through this for 3 to 4 years now. Uhgggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

Old 05-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi Vitik,

Your list is familiar!!

I am 52 and first noticed peri symptoms in my mid 40s in the way of my periods coming earlier and also had spotting now and then between periods. Then about 2 or 3 years ago more symptoms popped up...and a lot of gastrointestinal ones : gassiness, diahhrea now and then. It was pretty much daily for a few months a couple years ago and with it a LOT of anxiety.

I got a book that was recommended on here and I am sure you have heard of it and perhaps have it : The Pause. It details each symptom. It helped me along with this board to see that I was not alone. All I had heard about before was "hot flashes". Well, you know, not everyone gets those...I really have not at all at least during the day. I did have bouts of night sweats 2 years ago. Do not seem to get those anymore. The palpitations I had in my mid 40s and still at times have fluttering before my period.

Anyway, at this point my list is the following but not every day..it varies and also sometimes I can have none at all and feel great, so it really is unpredictable :

sometimes the afternoon sleepiness
fluttering as you mentioned at times, not often
Irregular periods (got one last in Feb. So this is the longest I have gone without it. Last year went exactly 3 months without it but then got it back every 24 days or 25 days).
Fatigue at times, like a PMS type fatigue
Pms type feelings even though my period is not here
anxiety
harder to lose weight than before even with being good about exercising.
Joint pain at times
Bloating at times like I'd be before my period.

Hang in there..it IS a rollercoaster ride at times, but like Hopefully said, it will pass.

take care,

rmc

Old 05-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hopefully,

Good to see your post...I know we both have had a lot of symptoms over the past few years!! Good to hear that you are not dealing with some of them anymore and I am finding that too also. But some do creep back up here and there as I wrote to Vitik above.

I know at one point you had a countdown going of when you last had your period and it sounds like you are now getting it more regular. For me I have not got it since Feb so it is the longest I've gone without it. So we will see. Still get pms symptoms though.

But generally it is better than it was a couple years ago.

Good to know that it is better for you also.

Take care,

rmc

Old 05-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Shell1,

I can very much relate to your saying you seemed to be doing better and then seem like you are backsliding. My worst bout with all things peri was 2 years ago as far as symptoms and the intensity and frequency of it all. Then things seemed to get better after several months and then last year in March things starting creeping back up again. It IS frustrating when it happens but it does pass. So try to keep that in mind. It does help me to think about that when I have reoccurances.

as far as how long it all lasts..your guess is as good as mine!! Every person is different with how long.

Know this doesn't help much probably but just wanted to tell you I could relate and empathize.

Take care,

rmc

Old 05-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

Hi vitik
I can relate to most of the daily symptoms you are experiencing as I am too!! Its particularly bad around my period - three or four days before, the seven days of the cycle and around 4 day after which is pretty much half the month and I swear its now becoming most of the month.

this month's worst symptom amongst the many is the tender breasts - but particularly the left one which is more swollen and tender than the other. I have gone on the vitamin e to try to alleviate it as its driving me mad. I did read that as we further advance towards menopause the breast tenderness can increase from just around the period to pretty much all of the cycle - great news!!! The last month has been bad for me.

take care and remember - we are all in this together and can discuss it on this site which is great
linda

Old 05-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
(female)

shell1 HB User

You know it really does help knowing there are other people going through the same thing you are. This is the only thing that stopped me from believing I was going crazy. Today I have a cramp on my left side down by my ovaries. And I am so tired. I tell you everything goes back and forth. Thanks for all the support.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

RMC, it's good to read your post and know that you are also doing better . My periods are still irregular, but I haven't been counting down the days until meno. since I wrote that last post...lol.... Seems like my periods were going 40-54 days for awhile then the last two months I've gone back to 28 days, but the bleeding only last about 4 days. Did you experience anything like this?

Shell, {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} I understand your frustration, but be encouraged you are amongst women who know what you are going through and are supportive. Over a month ago I had about two weeks were I felt really, really, really, good. I was almost symptom free and felt almost like my before perimenopause self . Believe me I enjoyed those two weeks and I really needed them. If I did not know before that "this too will pass" I surely do now after experiencing two weeks of peace, clarity, energy, and stability .

I've read posts from other women who have gotten off this rollercoaster ride and are feeling great ...several have even been able to shed these additional pounds that we've all picked up along the way . Some women are still having some symptoms, but very mild and not hanging around for long.

Yes, I see the light at the end of the tunnel !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Hopefully; 05-28-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #10
(female)

shell1 HB User

Thanks so much for the support. I needed a hug!

Old 05-30-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
(female)

Wink HB User

Hi Viktik,

I haven't posted in a while, I'm in full blown menopause (at age 45) and most of my symptoms have eased up or gone away totally. I noticed a few of yours that I experienced that were really scary and troubling for me as well:

Nausea
pulse in right ear
twitching in my eyes (mostly my right eye)

These symptoms are not very "common", meaning my doctor and my gyn did not associate these particular symptoms with menopause. After a lot of research, and reading these boards I finally realized that they are symptoms of perimenopause. Just knowing this helped ease my anxiety.

I am happy to tell you that for the most part, I do not experience these symptoms anymore....they flare up every now and then ( I had that ear pulsing thing happen again the other day) but I now know what it is, so it doesn't scare me anymore when it does happen. I know it will pass.

I know how horrible you feel when all of these symptoms hit you at once, but hang in there, keep eating well and exercising, and keep reminding yourself that it is all related to menopause and that it WILL pass.....

Wink.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink
Hi Viktik,

I haven't posted in a while, I'm in full blown menopause (at age 45) and most of my symptoms have eased up or gone away totally. I noticed a few of yours that I experienced that were really scary and troubling for me as well:

Nausea
pulse in right ear
twitching in my eyes (mostly my right eye)

These symptoms are not very "common", meaning my doctor and my gyn did not associate these particular symptoms with menopause. After a lot of research, and reading these boards I finally realized that they are symptoms of perimenopause. Just knowing this helped ease my anxiety.

I am happy to tell you that for the most part, I do not experience these symptoms anymore....they flare up every now and then ( I had that ear pulsing thing happen again the other day) but I now know what it is, so it doesn't scare me anymore when it does happen. I know it will pass.

I know how horrible you feel when all of these symptoms hit you at once, but hang in there, keep eating well and exercising, and keep reminding yourself that it is all related to menopause and that it WILL pass.....

Wink.
Thank you so much Wink--I'm glad you are feeling much better! And, thanks to all of you for your responses so far. When you feel this bad, it makes you think that something bad is wrong with you. Yesterday was a little better, but this morning the nausea is back, among other things, and I have so much to do at work today. I pray I can make it! I pray the same for all of us on this board who are suffering so much during this time of life... viktik

Old 06-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hopefully,

I am just seeing your post and wanted to answer your question in it.

I too have had exactly what you mention...times when my period came at day 50 or 40 and then they went back to coming at day 25 or day 28 for awhile. If anything mine have come more like that. As you know , I have now not had it in almost 4 months but before that it was for awhile every 25 days or so and the bleeding was 4 days tops, like you mentioned and sometimes 3 days, real short (not complaining there!!) So hope this helps.

Wishing you continued good days in this peri ride . Good to see you!!

Take care,

rmc

Closed Thread