It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Angry Menopause!!! And Major Mood Swings!!!!

Hi
It has been a year sice I had my hyst everything removed but my cervix. I am 40 years old.

I live in the suburbs of New York and summer has arrived along with some severe mood swings . I have been crying for 2 days!!!!! Everything is upsetting me !!! PMS wasnt this bad!!!

I was up till almost 2 am last night sitting outside in my back yard by my pool with a large tall glass of ice water because of insomnia and hot flashes.

Honestly the worst thing is this crying fits I get into !! I am on HRT as well as Xanax when needed. I am starting to think I realy should be taking the Xanax 3x every day instead of taking it when needed. It seems like since the heat and humidity came so did this crazyness I am feeling !!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Menopause!!! And Major Mood Swings!!!!

I know how you feel. The mood swings drive you crazy. We are leaving for vacation Sunday, and I am scared to death I will feel terrible while we are gone. We travel alot and I have never had problems until this wonderful peri time. One minute I am excited to go, the next minute I am in tears. The unstable feelings are not me. I wish I lived in New York, I would sit by your pool with you on the bad nights! I guess the only words of wisdom I have is that you are not alone. Xanax helps me thru the rough spots, and lately it has been a close friend. I guess until our hormones finally get stable or give up for good, we will have to fight this. I don't think even HRT gets rid of all the problems. Come back and vent whenever you want. Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #3
(female)

jitteryme HB User

I'm ready to join the both of you by the pool too. This week has been pretty bad. While I haven't felt the overwhelming anxiety that I have been feeling recently, I have been feeling pretty cranky and moody. I cried yesterday too just because I felt so crappy and was tired of feeling this way.

I completely understand your statement about feeling that you might benefit from taking Xanax three times a day as opposed to "as needed." I have days like this too. I just feel that if I could have a good day here and there that my mood would be so much better. I can't remember the last time I woke up excited about something that I was going to do that day.

An upcoming vacation scares me as well. I just wish I felt better. Plus my son will be out of school for the summer next week, and I have a feeling it is going to be hard for me to keep up with all the things he wants to do and the places he wants to go while I feel this way.

I am so thankful I found these forums because it makes me feel a bit less crazy knowing that others are going through the same thing and that I am not alone.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I have not had the crying spells, except a few days before my period start, but I understand about the mood swings.

Lately, I've been having the blahs, then mild depression, then anger, then back to my sweet adorable self .

My sister who is also going through perimenopause also has dealt with these mood swings...at one point she thought that she was bipolar because of these sudden mood swings, but it was only these lovely fluctuating hormones.

My period ended a couple of days ago and I'm still dealing with the blahs, and just a weird head feeling. I know that this will pass and I'm praying that it will happen quite soon.

Ladies, move over and make room for me by the pool and someone please pass me an extra tall glass of ice water .

Last edited by Hopefully; 06-02-2006 at 08:42 AM.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi Ladies,

I get the mood swings also.

Hopefully summed it up in one sentence:

"Lately, I've been having the blahs, then mild depression, then anger, then back to my sweet adorable self "

I couln't have explained it any better. My period also ended today, and last night this started up again.

I seem to be OK at work, for the most part, so keeping my mind busy may be the key to overcome this. I'm not taking anything (yet), my gyno suggested evening primrose oil and calcium, for PMS. I'm was taking it the week or so before my period, but I'm going to start it daily and see if it helps. If not, when I go back in August, I may ask for something stronger.

marymk

PS - We're getting our pool the week of June 19 !!

Old 06-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Hi ladies
THANKS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING !!! Just seeing the replies from you all realy means alot!!!!
It gets so darn rough at times!! Sometimes I feel like I am a loonie bin....and then there is my DH...he tries to understand, and tries to help, but honestly sometimes he just makes it worse, yet I dont think he means too.

I am seeing my OB on June 30th for my yearly and go through how I am dealing with the menopause issue....that aought to be fun....when I saw my GP a few months back and she picked up on the hart palps and anxiety, she asked me how I was feeling and I bursted out crying. So seeing my OB should be interesting...

HEY YOU ALL>>>>Wish you guys were close by I would DEFFINATELY have you all over by the pool hanging out and cooling off!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you, and if you guys need to vent...I AM HERE!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

I wish there were perimeno live support groups... like AA. In every town, so you could go whenever you need it. All by pools would be nice. There would be cold beverages of choice, snacks, lots of hugs, no men or kids allowed....

What a nice thought. I think I'll stay here in lala land for awhile and just pretend. Seriously, sometimes I wish I had a real live friend, right here, who totally gets it... these moods can be very isolating. There are times I thought I was headed for a breakdown.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
(female)

campwigfall HB User

Is anyone in this group post-meno? Does anyone still have depression even while on antidepressant? It is hard for me to distinguish between depression and anxiety. Seems that just when I am feeling a little better, or at least distracted from my problems, I get hit with a horrible crying urge and just totally upset. I hate taking meds, but am two weeks into Zoloft and take Ativan for the really bad spells. Has anyone here ever been prescribed Zyprexa for panic? Thanks for any advice.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Welcome to the group! Yes, there are women on this board that are post-meno and they are very helpful. I have a friend that takes Zoloft and swears by it. Give it alittle more time and it should help. I take Xanax for the rough days. i don't know much about Zyprexa, but I'm sure someone will. Even in post meno I would think our bodies are still adjusting, so depressoin and anxiety can still be a problem. Hang in there. Ann

Closed Thread