It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

tlily HB User
Help 55 and just got my period agin

I really need all your opinions. I am 55 years old and just got my period again today. Have been to my doctor for a check up a month ago and everything was fine. I missed my period for 10 months and thought it was over. Two months ago I have a little period and now I have been sick all day with a very heavy one and bad cramps.

Has anyone experience this? I have been suffering with server acid reflex to for 4 months and I have about had it with feeling sick.

Thanks ahead of time

Lily

The Following User Says Thank You to tlily For This Useful Post:
catchyogi (02-06-2012)
Old 06-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
Re: Help 55 and just got my period agin

Hi Lily,

I understand the frustration you feel. I am 52, and I went three months without a period, and then got one last week. Now I seem to just spot a little each day. I have felt so bad since perimenopause hit hard about a two years ago, I just want my periods to be over! The changes that our bodies go through during this time of life are many. My hormones are so out of whack, I never really know what a day will bring. I see my doctor this next Thursday. He knows what I am going through...

If you are like me, you just want to feel good again! Keep visiting this board, because there is a lot of support here. It helps you to know that others are going through some of the same suffering that you are going through, and that we understand each other's journey...

I hope you feel much better soon!

viktik

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
(female)

tlily HB User

Viktik

Thank you for your reply and support. Yes it can be frustrating. I am a little afraid because my period came back with such force after a long time.

I agree this board is a great place for support and knowledge. I have been reading this board so much and has been helpful in many ways.

Hope you everything straightens out for you. My homones are so out of whack to. Never know what will show up.

Lily

Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hi Lily
Seems pretty common. I've been post meno for about 5 years now. But back when I was having all the irregular periods, they finally stopped. Until 8 months later! And that one was a gusher!! Never had one that bad before, but thankfully it was the last I've had. It's a very unpredictable thing, and varies from woman to woman.
It isn't a great experience for most of us (Probably all of us) but it does get better as time goes by.
Hellas

Old 06-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
(female)

tlily HB User

Hellas

Thank you for your reply. You guys are making feel better as i thought being 55 there was something very worng with me. Most of the woman I know have been over their periods around 50.

when my period finally ends, I will be bye as I have been having one since i was 10 years old.

lily

The Following User Says Thank You to tlily For This Useful Post:
catchyogi (02-06-2012)
Old 06-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I was also 55 when I thought that I had stopped for good. In fact, I went 12 months without a period only to have one more. Then I stopped for good. I am now 59.

Sometimes this happens.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #7
(female)

tlily HB User

Twanger

Thank you for posting that. I have been reading scary things about getting your period again after not having it for a while. It has really frightened me. Glad to hear that others have went through the same thing.

Lily

Old 06-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

You are welcome. There are many others who have gone through the same thing. I am 4 years post but at the time that I was posting on here ALL THE TIME there were several others who had a late period. Some of them had all the tests to rule out something horrible and all were negative.

Relax and welcome to peri. In fact, you are not considered truely post until 12 months and in some Eastern cultures, the date is 17 months. Therefore, anything can, and does, happen.

Closed Thread