It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

mike&ryansmom HB User
Could I be Peri At 35-36

Hi girls,
I am glad to have this website.
Anyway, I will turn 36 in July.
Last year when I was at my PCP, I wanted him to test my hormones.
I told him I get the following:
Heart Palps-Saw Cardio, said it was PAC's
Moodswings and before peroid-forget it. I am a crazy lady.
Night sweats- not all the time but more before my time of month.
Sex drive on the lower side.
I told him about this and he said, since I have no change in my cycle that he can not test me for anything.
I thought to meself, well, that sounds strange, But hey, he is the Doc.
I havent been to my GYNO in over two years....I keep on telling myself to go but with kids, work Etc.....Sometimes you blow off that type of Doc.
Anyway, I know this is a short verison on how I feel, but you all of you think it is possible to feel this way at 36?
I would love to hear you thoughts.....

Old 06-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Re: Could I be Peri At 35-36

Hi! I will be 37 this summer. I have been suffering serious perimenopausal symtpoms on and off for two years. Both my mother and my maternal grandmother were completely menopausal at 38 so genetics are playing a role for me.

You can have symptoms this young. I have had night sweats, hot flashes, heart palpitations, power surges, anxiety, irregular periods....and the list goes on and on. Last fall I thought I was having heart problems and went to the ER. I did the stress test and all that. Not a problem at all. So, I found this website and others that listed the symptoms and I felt so relieved. I am not crazy...I am perimenopausal. It is good to know what it is, but stinks to realize it is happening.

Most doctors it seems just down play this because of our age. I am going to go see a new gyn who is one of the best in my town and a neighbor. Hopefully, she will be able to help me with all this.

Hang in there. You are not alone by any stretch. I hope this had helped. It certainly has for me...major relief to know I am not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
(female)

pbjmom HB User

What is PAC's? you mentioned it, but I am not figuring it out. Oh, another great symptom of peri is brain fog...happens all the time!

Old 06-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
(female)

mike&ryansmom HB User

Pac's are: Premature atrial contractions. In other words...An early beat in the upper chamber of my heart. They say it does not need to be treated.
But as I get older I get a lot more and two weeks before my period they are out of control.
Hoped this helps.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I would not say that 35-36 is too young especially since I've heard from women who were menopausal by their early 40's.

It does get better .

Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
(female)

k9wife HB User

I am in the same boat as you all. I am 36. Go to a good naturopath. I had all the symptoms and they were bad. I was low on magnesium and calcium so I take more of those now. I also take herbs that regulate female hormones. I will tell you I sleep like a baby, have no brain fog, and have not had one migraine with aura for 3 mos, and they were a twice a month deal.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

HOTTERTHANHOT HB User

HOW MUCH MAGNESIUM ,AND CALCUIM MG. AND WHAT KIND OF HERBS DO YOU TAKE AND WHERE DO I GET THEM AT.PLEASE REPOND SOON IM DYING HERE.

Closed Thread