It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

lucent HB User
Woosie/dizzy/tilted feeling???

Does anyone else feel like they are woosie/tilted almost all the time?

This is my first post after reading many threads here. I am 39 and believe I could be starting peri. My symptoms started a few months ago. The most disturbing to me is the woosie feeling almost like I am drunk or being tugged to one side or another. I've also had these symptoms off and on: racing heart around 120-130bpm, night sweats, hot flush or feelings of being feverish especially on upper body and face, tingling feeling up the back of my head, and anxiety to name the big ones.

I also have had episodes where I feel a quick dizzy spell, then sever anxiety like something isnt' right, then racing heart, then the heat comes.......seems to occur around mid-day but not everyday. Anyone else experience this or have this weird feeling prior to hot flash?

I've been to the doctor for bloodwork, Thyroid is fine and have had EKG and worn a monitor. So far everything is considered normal.

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

marys62 HB User
Re: Woosie/dizzy/tilted feeling???

lucent,

This is always how my hot flashes started. I could sense when they would happen. I would feel funny, shaky, my heart would start to race and then I would get the flash. Sometimes I would feel nauseous too. I always felt horribly anxious when they would happen. mine started 3 years ago when I turned 40 but I am on a low dose pill now and don't get them anymore.

I think because some women get that "adreanline rush" feeling - they are mistaken for anxiety attacks.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User
Re: Woosie/dizzy/tilted feeling???

Lucent, Welcome!!!

I've had the symptoms that you mention and feeling dizzy, woosie, spacey, and unreal were some of my initial perimenopausal symptoms. I had may ears checked and the doctor thought that I had some inner ear issues. This was not the case.

Since you've had blood work and other tests to rule out other possibilities you might want to check with your ob/gyn. I know that our hormones are always fluctuating during peri., but maybe you can have your fsh and estradiol checked. Some doctors have also used the saliva test to get and idea of what is going on with our hormones.

When I had my estradiol checked about a year after I began having symptoms it registered on the low end of the range...for some unknown reason my ex-ob/gyn neglected to share this information with me. This little tidbit of information could answered many of my questions.

Someone here posted about using flaxseed oil, borage oil, fish oil and primrose to help their anxiety. I tried this combo. of oils in a capsule called EFA that I purchased at my healthfood store and I must say that it not only helped my anxious feeling, but also stopped that leaning towards one side feeling.

You've come to a good place for support, information and encouragement. There are several options available when going through perimenopause...I hope you find what works for you soon .

Last edited by Hopefully; 06-07-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Closed Thread