It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
My doctor helped ease my health anxiety...

Hi everyone,

I saw my doctor this past Thursday. He wants me to come every two months, but it had been four months this time. He said that the heaviness and tightness that I feel in my chest in the evenings, and the frequent urination during the night are all a part of the peri anxiety. He also said that the constant heartbeat in my ear is a very common thing. He looked in my ears and said that they are fine. I showed him the round area of hair loss on my right temple, and he has prescribed something for that, as well as a non-drowsy pill that will help with the stomach issues that I get during the day at work.

He is most concerned that I come back every 8 to 12 weeks because he wants to keep track of my periods. I told him that I seem to be spotting a little every other day, and I did have a period two weeks ago. I'm wasting a lot of tampons with these "false alarms!" Is anyone else spotting a lot, but not having a full-blown period?? I also get cramping right before the spotting, and then it goes away. Very strange time of life in my physical body!

Thanks everyone, and have a good Saturday...
Viktik

Old 06-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
(female)

Wizard HB User
Re: My doctor helped ease my health anxiety...

Sounds like you have a great doctor. I always feel like I'm going there with a nothing complaint and wasting his time.

I'm not having any of the spotting problems (yet) although the burning/tingling in my feet is back to driving me crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
Re: My doctor helped ease my health anxiety...

Hi Wizard,

Yes, I am blessed with a really good doctor. My mom has him too, and we just love him.

I get the burning on my feet and ankles too! Also, the constant buzzing in my feet, as well as the internal shakes and trembling. When the peri symptoms first hit hard, I had the chills a LOT, then they went away for almost a year. This morning, while shopping at Target, they came back. I was freezing! These chills are one of the most troubling symptoms to me. and I hope they don't stay around too long!

Have a good day!
viktik

Closed Thread