It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

millionmom HB User
Finding a New Doctor?

I am new here! I do think I am peri? I have no clue, and don't know much... I would like to see a female doctor, feel she could atleast understand.
Also don't want a HUGE doctors office either, any advice on how to find one that will be knowledable.. I can't swallow pills,, so I need some help in that area as to when I do have to take something.. a 'cream' would be great!!!
Just advice on how to start all this with a new doctor and get some results!!
Thanks and what to do in the meantime because it may take a few months to get in!!! Thanks.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Finding a New Doctor?

When I went to my doctor she put me on the pill to regulate my hormones. That did nothing for all of my other symptoms. I didn't want to keep going to the doctors office, so I did research. Then people on this board suggested two books that I checked out at the library. These books helped me immensely along with people on the board.

1) Ann Gittleman's "The Pause"
2) Dr. John Lee "What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause"

In these books they tell you of supplements, foods, exercise, etc that help alleviate perimenopause symptoms.

Others may have had success with their doctor and can give you sound advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Finding a New Doctor?

Hi
Don't count on a female doctor being sympathic to your problems. My dr. is 51, my age and has had no problems at all, so she doesn't really understand all the peri problems a women can have. My GYN is a male in his mid 30's and is much more understanding. He says he sees many women with a variety of peri symptoms. I have tried about all of the "natural products" and I don't think any have made a difference. The Progestrone cream made my periods worse. I was glad to hear Belle say the pill really didn't help her symptoms either. It has made my periods much better, but the other symptoms are still there. Since you can't take pills, you might be in trouble trying to find things in liquid forem. Can I ask why you can't take pills? Some of the fish oil capsules are very large, most others are normal size. Magnesuim can help with constipation if that's a problem. Everyone is different, somethings help one person and not another. Ann

Closed Thread