It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Any one's period this wacky??

Hi Gals,

I posted on here awhile ago about my irregular periods, but time has passed and now I see more of a pattern going on with me that I was wondering if anyone else experiences.

Here is the story: I got my normal period Apr. 21..since then I have bled on and off with varying heavier/clots, and spotting. Now the past 3 weeks I get the sweats/bloat/moodiness and get light spotting, sometimes brown color, it lasts 2-3 days and then stops. Would you believe 7 days later it all starts again. It seems now I only have 7 days no bleeding and then this light spotting that never ends now.

Does this sound familiar to any of you?? I have a gyno appt. in early Aug to get checked, but I sure need peace of mind this pattern is similar in peri.

Thanks so much for your replies to ease my mind. I'm thinkiing this is peri related (hormones) cause about 2 days before that 7th day I got bad bloat, cramps, moodiness and fatigue..then it comes.

Oh I am beginning to not like this peri stuff too much lol. I'm going to try to look on the bright side of things that when it's done....freedom!!! NO more periods !!! yeah!!!

Hugs
Slimseeker

Old 06-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

carrie_l_b HB User
Re: Any one's period this wacky??

This sounds similar to what has been going on with me recently, except that I seem to be still on a pretty predictable cycle of 14 days. It's still too early for me to know this for sure, though.

I have the brown color, too. I've always had really bad cramps and that part at least, seems to be better (most of the time).

The good news is that my period is very light and can be managed with a panty liner most of the time. I am hoping that it will go like this for a while and then just stop and that will be that. Time will tell.

I think the spotting you are describing sounds pretty normal, though I don't know for sure. It's always good, no matter what your age, to rule out any other gyn problems, though.

Carrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

moondancer2 HB User

i don't have any family history to rely on, so much of this was a surprise to me. maternal grandmother and her sister both had full hysterectomies, before hitting menopause, mother had a uterectomy and put on HRT before hitting menopause, and (younger) sister had ovarian cancer some years ago, and full hysterectomy. i 'knew' that, as part of peri, periods would get further and further apart, and more irregular, and then stop...but had NO IDEA that first they become more frequent
i'm 49 next month...beginning about a year and a half ago, i noticed that i wasn't hitting a full 28 days between periods, but typically more like 26 days. spoke to my doc, who told me that periods usually become more frequent, before they start becoming less frequent. I'm now down to somewhere between 21 and 24 days.....really discouraged to read your posts, and see that they will become even MORE frequent!
boy, will i be glad when i'm finally on the other side.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
I'm 48 and my periods have gotten closer together - 19-23 days. I noticed this a little over a year ago. I wasn't really keeping track, but started to when they seemed to be coming too frequently. It was also heavier and had more clots - but still lasted about 5 days.

Now, I'm still getting short, but regular cycles, with much less clots and not lasting the full 5 days. Only day 2-3 are heavy. I'm waiting for the month when they start getting further apart or stop all together.

My mom had the same pattern, except she was finished by her mid forties.

marymk

Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Thanks girls. And another question

Thank you Girls!!!!

Your posts reassured me. Hopefully we will all be on the other side real soon

I have been writing my period times down since Dec. and found that in Jan and Feb I was a 35 day cycles, and then in Mar. I was a 21 day cycle, and then bang after 24 days I got the non-stop period on Apr. 21 and since then I go about a week with nothing, start spotting the 6th day and get another little period the 7th day. I have basically bled most of the time since Apr. 21 with about maybe 18 days nothing. I was so happy it stopped for 4 days this week and surprise I awoke this morning with spotting

I can't wait to miss that first period....ahhhhhhh

Do any of you know after they first come more frequently how generally long this part lasts until they become further apart??????

Thanks, Girls and hang in there.
Hugs
slimseeker

Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
(female)

angelavan HB User

Yeah, I can do without the 21 to 23 day cylcle I have been on for the last year or so. I am 44 and both my grandmothers and my mom had total hyster. before they started menapause. My sister-in-law is about the only other person I know who has not had a hyster and has gone through and made it to menapause. Some periods are so heavy I have thought I would have to go to the hosp. to get the bleeding to slow down, but I guess that is part of the hormone changes too. Hope I'm on the other side soon too. Can not even image what it would be like not to buy bi-monthly protection.

Closed Thread