It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User
fuzziness and brain fog.

one of the worst things I am experiencing at the moment are the fuzziness and a kind of drunken feeling - as though I have had three or four glasses of wine on an empty stomach and feel woozy. Does anyone else experience this. Its at its worst about a week before my period and during. I can't take anything in and I literally feel as though I have been drinking and in a kind of fog. sometimes its quite severe.

can anyone else describe how it feels to them? and does anyone know what causes it? Is it lowered oestrogen?
my sister is two years older than me and she has just started getting the same thing - our mum had early menopause so I guess it figures we both might be going to have one too. (my sister is nearly 43). she is having trouble functioning at work at the moment

thanks
linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: fuzziness and brain fog.

Feeling woozy, sorta like I'm hung over, weird unreal, spacey feeling would describe what I've experienced. Sometimes it's as if my thinking process slows down...I even went through a period of time where I had trouble finding the right words.

I'm dealing with a bit of the woosies right now which I think is related to my low estrogen level. I must say that things are improving after going through this for 4 years.

Last edited by Hopefully; 07-04-2006 at 10:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
(female)

lucent HB User

I'm so glad someone else has this! I'm 39 and this is by far my worst symptom. I feel the same way, like I am drunk all the time. I explain it as woosie, sometimes tilted, sometimes floaty/fuzzy feeling. I ususally start out the day just fine, then by mid morning & afternoon the woosies set in, like right now. I seem to notice it more when I'm at the computer working and sitting still. If I'm active I don't seem to notice it as much. Is this similar to you?

I sometimes get anxiety along with it, but lately I've learned to cope. This all started for me 2 months ago. I've had tests that have all been normal. I also have palps occasionally up to 130bpm....worn monitor and was determined to be sinus tachycardia and my GP did not send me to a cardiologist. By the way, the woosies don't seem to happen when my heart races, they seem to happened separately. I'm on a low dose beta blocker for the heart, and it seems to help a bit.

Went to ENT thinking it was an inner ear problem, he said no, that I needed a Neurology workup.....I'm concerned about this, and hope it is nothing serious, just peri. Will see GYN tomorrow to see what she says, it takes 2 months to get into a neurologist. Anyway, do you take anything that helps with this feeling?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
(female)

Middleagedcrazy HB User

I think the fuzziness is caused by hormones out of control but which one, I'm not sure. I really get that brain fog now in large crowds of people. I went yesterday to apply for a job and their was just tons of people there also applying and I just get that drunken, foggy feeling. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I am using bio identical hormones, but that is one symptom that has yet to go away. I haven't had a full time job in the last few years after being laid off due to a business closing and to be honest, I am not sure I can handle a fulltime job right now. I used to be confindent, capable, and highly motivated and I am not any of those things anymore and I wonder if I ever will be again. Looking for a job after 50 is a depressing thing. I never even get inteviews for jobs that I have tons of experience in. Someone told me when our job closed that there is lots of age discrimination, but I didn't believe them. I am starting to rethink that now.
I am not sure, but sometimes it seems that I am going through my process of menopause in reverse since I started the bio hormones! Today, I could tell I was ovulating! Good god! Is it ever over? I have such sympathy for those of you that still deal with periods. I could not endure that along with everything else.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

I also feel worse sitting at computers - they make be go even more woozy. I am not working at the moment and to be honest I think I am too foggy a good part of the month to be able to concentrate. My sister has just started having similar peri symptoms and she is working and she is having great problems concentrating in her job. We phone each other up all the time to compare mind fogs and dizzy moments!!!!!! It suddenly kicked in with her last month whereas I have been having the fuzziness for about 5 months now.

thanks for all your posts

Old 07-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I have brain fog most of the time. Kind of scarey actually. I will be starting a new job next monday, hope i can handle the brain fog, memory lapses and the fritzes, otherwise I will quit. LOL

Closed Thread