It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User
breast tenderness

I have alway had a bit of breast tenderness about three or four days before my period but over the last three months since these peri symptoms have been getting worse I get the tenderness from about day 16 right through to my period when it is relieved. But basically for about two weeks out of every month its bad and more so in the left although the right gets sore too.

anyone else have this. it drives me nuts sometimes.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: breast tenderness

I was having breast pain/tenderness from about 3 days after my period ended, until it started again. I was also more sore on the left side. This went on for the last 6 months or so.
I seem to be back to 'normal' now - just tender for 3-4 days before my period.

I had a mamogram in June - it was fine. I'm thinking this is just another one of those peri symptoms that come and go.

marymk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

Wizard HB User

Hi:

I don't have any breast pain but I have a good friend also going through peri and her biggest complaint is breast pain. She says it starts a few days before her period and continues until about 2 wks afterwards. Then it all starts again with another cycle. She's miserable with it. She hasn't found anything that works well for it yet either.

I do find that the fluctuation in hormones over a cycle does follow where the good and bad symptoms occur. All of my symptoms start a couple of days before my period and end around the time I would ovulate. Then they start again with another cycle.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

glemis HB User

Hi

My breast pain is usually pretty bad every three months. My left breast and under my arm get so sore and I also get pinching/stabbing pain sometimes. It usually starts around the time I ovulate and lasts until a couple of days after my period ends. I've had mammograms and ultrasounds and they are always clear. Also, I had the worst time with nursing on the left side. I was always in excrusiating pain. I think it's all hormone related and my ducts are probably sensitive on the left side. I do take vitamin e and evening primrose oil and they both work very well (I'm just bad at sticking to taking them daily).

Closed Thread