It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Morning Sweats

Does anyone else experience drenching morning sweats? I'm not talking about mild amount of sweating instead it's more like I've been working out at the gym and I'm dripping sweat. This seems to occur for the first couple of hours in the morning then I'm fine for the rest of the day.

The sweats doesn't occur after a hot flash...I've not had hot flashes for several months.

Tell me that I'm not the only one?

It would be nice if all this sweating would lead to weight reduction .

Last edited by Hopefully; 06-25-2006 at 05:48 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Hopefully:
clareborras (06-27-2011)
Old 06-26-2006, 06:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Morning Sweats

I always take my shower in the morning and lately after my shower I sweat for the next hour. I have tried taking a cold shower, nothing helps. I have to wait to put on my makeup and clothes. I sweat in the morning no matter what the temp outside is. I just started doing this several months ago. I don't really have hot flashes during the day, a few night sweats, but not bad. I guess this is another hormonal thing. Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Ann, thanks for replying I was beginning to think it was just me.

It's interesting that you mentioned sweating after showering because I experience the same thing. I usually workout in the evening then take a shower. Like yourself I've noticed within the last couple of months after showering and drying off I begin sweating again then it takes awhile before I'll stop sweating.

Yes, it has to be hormonally related. It would be interesting to know what is occuring internally that causes this phenomena.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 AM   #4
(female)

laineyk HB User

YES!!!! I get these all the time...as a matter of fact, right now! I get them especially right before my period real bad...ugh

Old 07-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Before my period all sort of symptoms seem to intensify. I'm sorry that we are going through this, but at least I know that I'm in good company .

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-03-2006 at 09:11 PM. Reason: When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote, especially when you are replying to the post directly before yours. The server will run faster with fewer quotes. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
(female)

lusciouslisa HB User
Wink Re: Morning Sweats

i went to see a 'natural doctor' about my morning soaking wet sweats, and he said to use pregestrone cream. it helps so much!! just use it every day except on your period days, and if u arent menstrating anymore, skip 7 days out of the month. also make sure u go to a GOOD health food store to get it, dont buy anything but pure!

the best kind i have used is: PRO-GEST (progesterone creame) made by EMERITA.

best wishes to end those nasty morning wet sweats! augh!!

lisa

Old 03-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Hey Hopefully, long time no chat! I get those sweats like between 3-5 in the morning, hate it! Then I'm freezing afterwards coz I'm so wet. Can't m ake up my mind to sleep with a blanket or not to. I also can get sweats just moving around and it has nothing to do with weight. Started my hot flashes again, skin sweaty and face getting reallllllllllllllllly hot this time. I was having a period for 3 months straight, oh wow! Now it's gone again and here come the hot flashes again and the sweats. You're normal, lol!

Old 03-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
(female)

breezy711 HB User

I am fifteen years into menopause and after stopping hormones a couple of years ago, I have hot flashes now and then. What is really weird is that lately I have been having them when I first wake up in the morning, even before I get out of bed - almost daily. Anyone else having them like this?

Closed Thread