It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Do you feel crappy most of the time since starting perimeno?

Hi my fellow sufferers,

I am sorry to bother you all again, but I have yet another question. Do you, since going through perimeno, feel crappy most of the time now? I am almost on a daily basis fatigued, bloated, spotting, moody and grouchy at times. I get up in the morning feeling fairly decent and rested and as the day goes on I get more tired, bloated, crampy and pain in lower abdomen, and at times grouchy. I lose all energy. I have to nap each day.

Does this sound familiar to you all? Are you so sick of it all already?

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? LOL
Thanks girls!!!!!!

Hang in there.....OK
Hugs
slimseekers

Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Do you feel crappy most of the time since starting perimeno?

I can relate. I haven't had many good days for about the last year. It seems that the mental issues - anxiety,moody,PMS,etc.. seem to be worse that the physical. I have physical stuff that come and go with my cycle and I've kind of learned to live with it, but the mental stuff is constant - I just don't get much of a break from it.
The pathetic part is - I know what's causing it and I STILL can't get myself past it.
I'm beginning to think back, and remember that my mom was ALWAYS miserable during this part of her life. She went through it early, in her late 30's and early 40's. I wish I had, cause it would be over by now. I'm 48.

marymk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

According to my father my mother also had a difficult time, but now she is doing so well. I think at times that she has more energy, clarity, and get up and go than I do. Did you notice this with your mother?

I must say that when I began down this road 4 years ago I had very few mild or symptom free days...now I do have days where I feel from good to great. Of course I'm still dealing with several symptoms, but they are nothing like before.

Hang on in there ladies .

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-28-2006 at 08:37 PM. Reason: If you are the first person to reply, please do not quote the post. The server will run faster with fewer quotes. Thank you.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

My mom is 69 now, and has some other health issues - she smoked for 40 years, and I can say she was quite lucky to be pretty healthy unitil the last 5 years. She actually quit about 5 years ago - but has emphasima (sp?). She also had carotoid artery surgury a couple of weeks ago, and is doing quite well.

I remember the years when she was in her late 40's - late 50's (post menopause), she did seem to have more energy than I have now. Of couse, I'm still in peri, and I work full time (she didn't). I do notice I have a lot less energy now, than in my 30's. I was blaming it on getting older, but I think it's part of the peri symptoms. I try to exercise a few times a week. This seems to help a bit.

marymk

Old 06-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Marymk & hopefully,

Thanks for your responses. I am happy to learn it WILL get better. Tonight I am so bloated and have gas, yet can't release it..ohhhh the misery. I am walking like an old lady from the pain. I think bad gas pains are worse than when I was in labor with my two children...seriously lol.

I am 45 and feel I've been in peri since around 42. I cannot imagine being this way until 50-52....that is 7 yrs yet.....

My symptoms have gotten this year way worse..so I'm thinking I'm more fully into it now. I have suffered bleeding and spotting since apr. 21 with no relief in sight..........that sucks!!!!!

thanks again girls and you, too, hang in there!!!!
Hugs
slimseeker

Old 06-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
(female)

Wizard HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully
According to my father my mother also had a difficult time, but now she is doing so well. I think at times that she has more energy, clarity, and get up and go than I do. Did you notice this with your mother?

I have my mother visiting with me for the summer and I can honestly say that she made it through peri and meno, survived and now has the energy and vitality of a 35 year old. She never stops so I have to believe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. She's 78 this Aug and you'd never in a million years guess it.

I have to admit that I have more lousy feeling days than good days during the month right now. My biggest problems are feeling so tired all the time and the darned tingling in my feet. Drives me crazy. I did experience all the anxiety and depression but am managing to control it now with B supplements, flax seed oil, Omega 3-6-9's and magnesium.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:28 AM   #7
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Wizard,

Oh thank you so much for telling me about your Mother. It gives me hope and I needed to read that today

My Mother passed away years ago so I don't know how she made it through it....so thanks for sharing your Mother's experience.

Thanks for the supplements ideas..I'll try those too.

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 07-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Yes, I feel crappy most of the time. I do force myself to get out and exercise now that's it's summer. But sometimes, I would rather not even leave the house coz I'm just low down a lot with meno. I do take an anti-depressant and it helps but I still go through changes.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Slimseeker,

I am 52 and there was a time when yes it did feel like I felt yuckky with peri symptoms every day. I still get my period , although they have become erratic (had not had one since Feb and went 4 months almost without it and then got it last week). and I do still have times when I go thru spots where I am feeling low. But it does seem to be getting where there are more good times too as Hopefully said.

The bloating, fatigue, gas (that was a very bothersome symptom to me two years ago especially!!) all are things I have experienced and still do on and off but not as steadily as before.

Hang in there and keep posting, it helps to know one is not alone.

rmc

Old 07-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Ainfante,

Good to see you, but sorry to hear you are feeling so low most of the time as you put it. I give you alot of credit for sticking to the exercise. it is hard to do but I think it helps.

As you see from the above post I left slimseeker, I am still in this peri mess, sometimes better , sometimes not. I do think it is better than in '04 certainly when we were first leaving posts but sometimes the stuff just rears its ugly head and anxiety is so much a part of it , it seems.

Anyway, wishing you more good days ahead.

rmc

Old 07-06-2006, 12:52 AM   #11
(female)

pbjmom HB User

I can totally relate to the crappy feeling most days. I feel so bad for my kids and my husband. I just don't have the energy to do much and my stomach seems to be in constant turmoil. A friend saw me yesterday with a great hot flash/nausea wave and she just looked stunned. I think it shocked her how easily the symptoms come and go.

The week after my period seems to be the worse. Maybe when I am stopping the bleeding/spotting and getting into ovulation my hormones are really whacked out. Just seems to be my pattern. Anyone have certain times of feeling worse or is it bad all the time?

Thanks for being a part of the boards. This has helped me so much and help me not feel alone.

pbjmom

Old 07-06-2006, 06:58 AM   #12
(female)

slimseeker HB User

I have spells of good/bad days, but boy when the bad days hit, I feel awful. I have no energy, tired, bloated and the list goes on and on. Isn't it amazing that our reproductive system shutting down can cause us all this turmoil?????

We must just keep telling ourselves it WILL get better and hang in there and manage those symptoms the best we can.

Thanks so much to you all for your replies and I'm sorry you, too, are feeling crappy, but at least we know we're not alone and there are others here who can relate...it makes our journey easier knowing that!!!

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 07-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Hey RMC. Yes, exercising has helped me to feel a bit energized. Also I tried the goji berries that the tibetans use and it did give me a bit more energy. I am much much better than in 04. But still my periods come up missing for months and i do still get the anxiety really bad. But overall, i am much better. But as you said, we get better and something else comes a long including an old symptom. Good to see you on here. Where's everyone else? Guess feeling good! LOL

Old 07-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimseeker
Hi my fellow sufferers,

I am sorry to bother you all again, but I have yet another question. Do you, since going through perimeno, feel crappy most of the time now? I am almost on a daily basis fatigued, bloated, spotting, moody and grouchy at times. I get up in the morning feeling fairly decent and rested and as the day goes on I get more tired, bloated, crampy and pain in lower abdomen, and at times grouchy. I lose all energy. I have to nap each day.

Does this sound familiar to you all? Are you so sick of it all already?

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? LOL
Thanks girls!!!!!!

Hang in there.....OK
Hugs
slimseekers

Oh my gosh Slimseekers, I feel just like what you'd described above almost on a daily basis! I hate my job, I don't like my boss, I don't like my collegues, I no longer like what I'm doing. I feel bloated a lot more since peri started, I get cranky, I just want to be left alone. I'm tired a lot lately, yes, I need naps more often. Even when I take afternoon naps, I fall right to sleep at my bedtime. I also feel hopeless a lot. I want to leave my job, but I feel stuck! when I came back from my sabbatical, I felt so depressed! I feel burnt out... oh ladies, sorry for unloading my emotional baggage to you all.

I just hate my job.
thanks for reading.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #15
(female)

Les44 HB User

Wow, can I ever relate to everything being said here! I've come to really hate my job and now take a sick day everytime I wake up feeling more crappy than usual. I often go home early due to dizziness and/or nausea. I'm protected by our union so can pretty much take as many sick days as I need. I'm wondering though, have any of you had to quit your job because the peri became just too difficult to deal with. Or have you found remedies to lessen the symptoms and make working more bearable? Are your doctors more willing to help if they know you're not handling your job well?
Les

Closed Thread