It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
please help with stomach issues

please see my previous posting on griping stomach pain, i really need some advice

thanks

andrea

Old 06-29-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Re: please help with stomach issues

Hi chilijava,

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies yet.

I too, have been having terrible bloat and awful gas pains that are so painful I walk like an old lady holding my gut. Mine gets worse after lunch into the evening.

My advice to you is this. If you're eating foods that can bloat or produce gas. try taking beeno before your first bite. I tried this now and oh my gosh it helped!!! But take it before the first bite of food and you won't get this.

Also, eat lighter meals without a lot of fat. Spread your 3 meals a day into 6 smaller ones. Avoid gassy foods unless taking beeno beforehand. I have been getting as you and tried the beeno last week before eating some coleslaw and I was amazed..no pains or gas pains. Try it.

Good luck to you. If beeno doesn't help, please call your doc. I did notice since going through perimeno now I get as you described more. I hate it..so I totally relate to how you're feeling. It's miserable being in pain and bloated. I bloat and have pain from my upper stomach to my pubic bone..NOT fun!!!! Hang in there ok!!!

Gentle hugs
slimseeker

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

hi slimseeker
thanks for your reply, i have been getting so worried about this and i thought i was the only one suffering it.
i live in the uk so i dont know what this beeny is, could you explain

thanks

andrea

Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
(female)

Brenda East HB User

I have the awful bloating and gas as well and it is no fun. Sometimes I felt like I was 9 months pregnant and also looked like it. Mostly when I eat something that contains a lot of fiber. I am doing the same treatment as slimseeker and it does help a lot. i spread little meals throughout the day and I try not to eat a lot of any one thing, especially if I know it has more fiber in it. I take the beano before eating and it helps so much. Hope this helps.
Take Care
BJ

Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Chillijava,

Beano, sorry I misspelled it earlier, is a natural food enzyme supplement. I buy it here in the U.S.A at my grocery store or pharmacy. I would think in the UK they'd have something similar. Look in the laxitive aisle. They may have something there that helps with gas and bloating.

Good luck to you, and know that you are NOT alone!!!!!! Remember this is all temporary. I just talked this morning to a friend and she is going through meno too, and she said her Mother is better off than her and told her once meno is finished you'll get your life back. Ohhh I can't wait!!!! LOL So see, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Let me know if you find something anti-gas/bloat.

Also, you can talk to your Dr. about something he recommends you buy over the counter or something he could prescribe to help.

Closed Thread