It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
anyone feel like they dont want to go out of the house

this is such a silly and annoying problem, sometimes i dont want to go out of the house, in fact it frightens me and when i do i feel shakey, i do make myself go out but it is such a horrible feeling.
i hate this meno thing it is turning me into a real recluse, sometimes i dont even want to talk to my mum on the phone, is anyone else having this problem

Old 06-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: anyone feel like they dont want to go out of the house

Many times I would rather be home, but I work outside my home so it's really not a choice. I envy the women going thru this that stay home when they want, and not worry about leaving on days when the symptoms are overwhelming. On the other hand, most days when I get to work I am glad I have my job. I feel like I have accomplished something just getting out and my attitude is better. On days when the heart palps are bad those are tough days to go anywhere, but I forge ahead. Don't feel bad about not wanting to get out much, I think this too is a peri symptom. My worst fear lately is traveling. I used to love leaving home for a week and seeing new places, now I dread it. We are going to New England this fall and I should be excited, but I am thinking of all the peri symptoms I could have that would ruin the trip. I guess it is just mind over matter is some situations. Take care, Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

For the past couple of years, I've dreaded going on vacations, but I'm usually fine once we get there. I work outside the home also, and there are days when I'd just like to stay home, but I really believe getting out helps - once I get there.

Actually, I skipped an exercise class last night, because of this, but I know if I had gone, I would have felt much better - I usually do. No more skipping exercise class!! It really does help clear the mind.

marymk

Old 06-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

I would like to Ditto Ann's post .

I've been through the phase where I did not want to leave the house, but I still forged forward even though I felt so weird. When my symptoms first hit I took a medical leave of absence from work because of the depression and anxiety. When I returned to work 9 months later although I was still dealing with a long list of symptoms I was thankful that I had progressed to this new stage where I could leave the house.

I also looked forward to working because it helped somewhat with many of my symptoms...or at least help me for a few hours each day to think about something else. Then again I did envy those women who could stay home on those days when the symptoms were rather intense.

Thank God that it does get better.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

I can completely relate to how you are feeling. Back in Dec and Jan I went through this awful period where I got the jitters everytime i left the house. In fact I just couldn't for about 8 weeks. I tried going to a little mini market around the corner from my house and I nearly blacked out and that made it worse. My husband had to do the shopping for a while as I was feeling constantly dizzy and disorientated. Bear with it though - it does get better. I am so much better 4 months on and going shopping and socialsing is not a problem now. I think it is all related to those hormone changes -(dizziness, anxiety etc).

best wishes
Linda

Old 06-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #6
(female)

rw82 HB User

I went through this when I first started having SEVERAL of the other wonderful symptoms of peri. I just didn't want to leave the house and if I did my husband had to go. It still hits every now and then but not as bad.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #7
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

Oh yes! I had this one too.... still can at times.
It's so strange isn't it-- what this peri/meno does to us? I would dread my work days (outside the home), but like the others I would feel better once I got there. I did notice I got driving anxiety too. I really hated the mornings in the winter because it would still be dark.
I still feel my worst peri symptoms have been what it's done to me mentally with the anxiety and then depression (because of all the anxiety).
I could take the cramps and other physical symptoms, if I could leave my home without feeling like I might have a panic attack

Old 07-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I had this symptom quite often before the big meno crash. I would just be lazy and not want to do anything, still go through that, but when I first had major perimenopause changes, OH MY GOD, when I left the house, I was shaking, having panic attacks and dizziness. It was just horrible. The panic attacks can be normal in menopause and if they get out of hand, then you need help with them. The other is called Agrophobia, where one doesn't want to leave the house due to fear. Panic attacks and Agrophobia are similar, why not research on them. Most women going through menopause tend to have a bit of agrophobia. Just know what it is, and take baby steps back out there. Ride through your fears, don't fight them.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:05 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

hi
thanks for all your replies.
i did manage to go to our local village gala yesterday with my husband although i didnt feel like it, but later in the afternoon i started to feel really tired, tearful and generally awful.
today i feel terrible, palps anxiety etc, i just wish i could have a few weeks where i feel normal, i sometimes think this will never end

Old 07-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #10
(female)

heitara HB User
Smile Re: anyone feel like they dont want to go out of the house

It will go, Chillijava. Can't you see how many of us are in your same path? And tons have been before us, and survived. That's what I keep repeating to myself in the darkest days.
I know what you're talking about. I've experienced that and more, and right this minute I'm with my period peeping, a massive headache, cramps, anxiety, and debating whether to leave the house or not. I feel safe and able to control - even if partially - my moods and anguish only if I am in a comforting envirolement, aka my house. And the heat, the summer and the fact that everybody around me are terribly excited and looking forward for a good tan, don't help things. I feel totally inadequate. But..there is always a but. It will end. And as long as we have loving people around who can understand, relate and give comfort, we'll get along with less pain and discomfort. Feel free to vent everytime you feel the need. It's important that you don't keep your fear or frustration inside yourself.
Meantime I'll go and try to gather all my energies and courage to set a foot outside my flat...

PS: Ainfante, baby, so good to see you! Do you remember me? Kidney stones....

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Closed Thread