It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

Pegrock HB User
perimenopause

I've read some of the symptoms of perimenopause, headache, achy, lightheaded and just not feeling like my old self, by the way I'm 48 as of May, my question is, can I have these symptoms of perimenopause while being on birth control? If so, is there something over the counter that I can take to help me feel better or should I see my gyno or family doc?

Old 06-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: perimenopause

I am on BCP at 51. I started on them to control my heavy bleeding and ovarian cysts I was developing. The pill has helped the bleeding, but that's all. I still have all the other peri symptoms I was having before I started the pill. Headaches might even be worse. Stomach discomfort, ovary and uterus pain, fatigue, acne are just a few I am still fighting. I have never had any luck with natural products. For me it is like throwing my money away. Some ladies on this board do have good results from magnesium, calcium, fish oil, just to name a few. Look on the thread at the top of the page about natural products, you can get some ideas there. Good luck, Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You may just need to be on another pill. My doctor changed mine when I started having symptoms and it made all the difference in the world!

Old 06-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I tried various bcp and still had symptoms, but they did help to lessen the severity of some of the symptoms. If my bp didn't become elevated I probably would have continued trying to find the right bcp for me. As someone mentioned you might want to discuss other bcp options with your doctor. My co-worker spoke well of Yasmin, but I know that there are several others that are suppose to be good.

Closed Thread