It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

pearlandmary HB User
Hot flahes

Hello: I am 51 yrs old I know I am on menopause, no period for a year now, but Im still having hot flashes, well at least I think thats what they are. Sometimes I feel like im about to explode. The hot flashes come when im at rest or when Im doing something. Does this sound like hot flashes or something else?? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Hot flahes

I hate to tell you, but some of the symptoms can last for years, even after you stop having periods. I talked with a lady in her 70's that is still having horrible hot flashes, and her mother is her 90's and still get them once in awhile! I am 51, I don't get terrible hot flashes, but I have alot of the other problems even though I am on BCP. I am stopping them this fall so I expect to get killed with hot flashes and night sweats. I don't know what is the answer, I just don't want HRT for too long, too many problems can come from that too. Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Cruiser hit it right on the nail. You can have hot flashes for years. I have a friend who had a full hysterectomy over a year ago. All of a sudden, and she has never had the sweats or hot flashes, even when she got her period, but now she does and she says she can't stand it. She's a boiling furnace.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
(female)

pearlandmary HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisersS&C
I hate to tell you, but some of the symptoms can last for years, even after you stop having periods. I talked with a lady in her 70's that is still having horrible hot flashes, and her mother is her 90's and still get them once in awhile! I am 51, I don't get terrible hot flashes, but I have alot of the other problems even though I am on BCP. I am stopping them this fall so I expect to get killed with hot flashes and night sweats. I don't know what is the answer, I just don't want HRT for too long, too many problems can come from that too. Ann

Thanks Ann and Ainfante:

Well I feel better now, thought it was something else. I have had hot flashes for 7 years now, I thought once my period ended the hot flashes would go away, I guess they are here to stay for heaven knows how long but I have to deal with it, suck...but oh well. Thanks again for your info.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:31 AM   #5
(female)

Alabasterlyn HB User

My hot flushes during the daytime only started after my periods had stopped when I was 47. I am now 51 and still getting them. I can handle the daytime ones, but I really hate the night ones as I wake up and can't get back to sleep again.

Last edited by Alabasterlyn; 11-26-2006 at 09:55 AM. Reason: If you are replying to the post directly before yours, please do not quote the post. The server will run faster with fewer quotes. Thank you.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:43 AM   #6
(female)

tlily HB User

Oh boy sorry to hear we are all suffering from sweats or hot flashes, but thank God I am not alone.

I am 55. Did not have my period for 11 months and bam I got it again and very heavy. Since then the hot flashes came back. Also a new thing...morning sweats about 5 in the morning so bad I have to get out of bed. So again..with this thing. Aslo have had chronic heatburn right before the peroid came back about 4 months now. I feel that my body is really breaking down.

The good news is hearing that there is some hope for the energy to come back and may feel better after all this departs. But when will it?

Boy it really is hard being a woman sometimes.

TLily

Closed Thread