It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
Early waking, buzzing and shaking

In addition to frequent urination during the night, I seem to be waking up at 2:00am, and as soon as I do, my body starts shaking and my head and feet start buzzing. Sometimes my back heats up too. Does anyone else experience this? With waking up at 2am, and having to work full-time, I don't really feel rested during the day, except that I get a spur of energy after lunch, because I take a High Potency B-100 with my food, and that helps my mood and energy level.

Any responses about the shaking and buzzing will be appreciated!

Have a nice day everyone,
viktik

Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
(female)

CynAnn HB User
Re: Early waking, buzzing and shaking

Yes! I have had this happen to me a few times in the past, BUT this weekend, I woke up very early and was shaking and buzzing....it happened Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I have never had it happen 3 times in a row. Its very annoying, so I can really relate to what you feel. I'm sorry that I dont have a solution for you, but know that you are not alone....

Mine ususally goes away after a bit (from 10 min - 30 min) How long does yours last? and when it passes are you able to go back to sleep?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I use to get this all the time and in the early am too. I hated it. I still get the twitching or sometimes a buzzing but I still get the shakes. Crazy! Magnesium helped a bit. Anxiety drugs should help too. I just don't have a natural substance, since I did take a lot of them that stops that feeling. I'm now on Prozac 20 mg. low dose and I have xanax when needed. Wish you full recovery from that feeling. I totally sympathize with u.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
(female)

Barbz615 HB User

Oh yes, last yr that is how it all started ( 1 yr ago June). Sent me to the hospital twice and numerous doctors. I woke approx 5 am for roughly a week straight and within 10/15 minutes of giving up and getting out of bed the trembling, hot skin, pounding heart etc started. It lasted a few hours then by mid/late afternoon I was ready to sleep.
One doc (cardiologist gave me .50 mg of klonopine to take before bed and it helped alot. I very rarely use this pill anymore and the xanax (.50 mg) is taken if I hit a rough patch during the day, usually 1/2 takes the edge off without sending me back to sleep , today was a 1/2 xanax day in a very long time, I think Feb was the last time I needed it.
It was the start of a very long yr ... still searching for answers from my gyn after everything else possible has been ruled out.

hopefully in two weeks we will have better news.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

yes, don't be afraid to take the xanax if you need it. I completely understand that some days are worse than others.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have developed the buzzing in the last couple of months. I started in my chest and is now in my right shoulder. Sometimes, this buzzing goes to my legs and groin area. I am 3 years post so who would have thought that a new symptom would have shown up now.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Wow I have had this happen to me and thought it was all in my head. I'm so glad to have read this forum because now I know I'm not alone with all of this stuff and know there are others out there who can empathize, understand and relate (unfortunately due to the symptoms).

It is good to be here. If only my DH would have a darn clue! I'm so angry with this darn menopause stuff... He is absolutely clueless!!! And, I'm so young too and have been dealing with it since I was 30. Grrrr. Men. (Not trying to male bash- Just upset with hubby. He needs to wake up to menopause.)

Coffeegirl

Closed Thread