It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

CynAnn HB User
Question About PM and Possible Spotting?

Hi Friends,

I hope this does not sound too gross, I guess not with us all being females going through the same symptoms, right?

I am 46 and full blown peri-m with most all of the symptoms. I have not expereniced the dryness (down there) like some have. Me, I have had right the opposite, a wet discharge, no odor just wettness, some days worse that others.

Recently, I have noticed that my panty will be damp, and later, when it drys it is BLACK. Its not urine, even tho at first I thought that it was urine because often I have a hard time holding my pee when I cough or laugh...but this is NOT urine, it is a discharge that is wet on my panty and drys really dark? could it be blood? spotting?

I am tossing undies in the trash left and right because of this, it wont wash out well.... so, I did buy some panty-liners to help prevent the problem, but was curious if anyone had a clue of why the wetness and why it drys dark?

Thanks so much as always, you folks are a God send for me. Who else could I ask a question like this to!?!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
(female)

angelavan HB User
Re: Question About PM and Possible Spotting?

Yeah, I have the same thing. I'm 43 and usually have a discharge. I thought the dark redish discharge was spotting. I have 10 day periods then I spot between. I use panty liners. They can save on the panty bill (a little). Are you still having your periods every month?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

This can be common but I would discuss this with your gyne, you could have fibroids that tend to be bleeding and will coz discharge, urine leakage that you aren't even aware of. I have had spotting a lot when I first went into perimenopause at the age of 45. But to rule out other factoirs, a trip to the gyne or a phone call will give u a peace of mind.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #4
(female)

angelavan HB User

Yeah, I'm going to my gyno next week. I'v got a list of questions for him.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
(female)

CynAnn HB User

Thanks Ladies! I have an exam scheduled with my obgyn next month and have added the "spotting" thing to my list to mention to her. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone on this, it sorta scared me, thinking - whats up with that!?! not knowing if its a discharge, blood ......

I now have started wearing the panty liners to save my undies from ending up in the trash. man, the things we go through with this peri-meno stuff!

Closed Thread