It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
tingling in the hands and feet

i know a lot of you have this symptom, but i was wondering if any of you have this symptom and your arms feel numb, mine seems to be worse at night my arms go numb and then the tingling starts in my hands it also happens when i fold my arms, it is really worrying, especially when i am asleep and i lay on my arms, its like the circulation has stopped, is this what it is like

Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: tingling in the hands and feet

yeah, kind of. I had that a lot in the beginning stages, some of it comes frome the anxiety part of it all. Don't let it worry you. Have you seen a doctor to rule out any bulging or herniated disks? If it is both of your arms and hands, maybe I would but if all rules out clear, then it's all a hormonal and anxiety thing. Do you have any anxiety meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I did forget to mention one other thing. Have you had your thyroid checked? I use to get the tingling and numbness in both myhands and feet along with cold flashes befor ethe hot flashes began. My thyroid checked out normal.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

Wizard HB User

You've totally described the way mine is. It's worse at different points in the month.

I often wake up and my arms or legs have totally gone to sleep. When I'm about mid-cycle, I'll feel like the outside area of my hands (around my bby fingers) are totally numb and not really there. Most of the tingling I have occurs in my ankles, I get a burning sensation in my toes and my numbness is always in my hands.

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said that at nighttime, her legs get so bad that she has to sleep with her feet propped up.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

It's ironic you guys are describing numbness... I feel numbness on the left side of my arm and sometimes my right leg. I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke at first. After about 5 mins, it goes away.

Thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy with this perimenopause business.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

thanks for your replies, i have had my thyroid checked and thats ok, today the tingling is a bit better, but i now have tingling in my lips anyone else have this

Old 07-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #7
(female)

Alabasterlyn HB User

I've been getting tingling, buzzing and pins and needles for some time now. Most of the time it's been in my left foot and hand and the first time I had it I got really worried as I thought it was something serious.

I feel at times like I'm plugged into the mains when the feeling goes right up my leg. I've had it in my lips on a couple of times, but usually that's when I'm really anxious too, so I wonder if that's a bit of hyperventilation.

I have been to the dr and he checked me over and said it was 'a trapped nerve' I had my thyroid checked last year and the dr doesn't want to check it again. I asked if it could be connected to the menopause and he seemed to think not, but I feel a lot of regular doctors just don't understand what we are going through.

Lyn

Closed Thread