It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

CynAnn HB User
Another Question: Peri-M, crazy cycle & cramps!

Me again! Seems like everyday is a strugle for me. It all started about a 1 1/2 years back. The insomnia, constant PMS that didnt go away, mood swings, anxiety, awake at 2am, urine leakage, dry skin, itchyness, brain fog....you know the list, I have 90% of it.

Since the symptoms started, over a year ago (actually about 18-20 months ago) my periods have been shorter and shorter. The past year they have been every 21-23 days, and only last for 2 days with mild cramps.

Now! Last month, I cramped for 2 weeks with terrible sore boobies!

Cramping 1 week before I started and during the week I started I cramped and I ended up having my period for 7 days! yikes, a total change from the past year!

Now! This month, I SHOULD OF started around July 1st or 2nd (calulating from my past cycles over the past year or so) but here it is July 7\and still no sign of it. BUT! I have been cramping for over a week now! (No chance of being pregnant.) Just constant dull cramps.

The cramps, not bad enough to take anything, just dull, aching, bloated, crampy-cramps that annoy the heck outta ya, the ones you feel just before you start, but I havent started!

Anyone with a simular siutation? a consistant short cycle for 20 months, then last month more cramps and a 7 day period, followed by a LATE period this month and constant crampy!?!

Thanks once again for all your help and being there for folks like me that are on edge and always feeling "what the hecks going on with my body now!"

Last edited by CynAnn; 07-07-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Another Question: Peri-M, crazy cycle & cramps!

I am not 47, but when I was 45 I had every last symptom u r talking about currently. Actually more, lol! The cycles is one of the first signs of peri and they get shorter or longer, less frequent or more frequently and you feel bozonkers! I would just try to not pay attention to these symptoms even though they bother you like hell! The more you feed it energy, the more it's likely to send you into panic. Know these are the symptoms and they will go away and if you ride through them, they will lessen. Not much you can do about the cycle change. Try to take supplements, vitamins, etc. If you can't, then just ride them through. I read a book by a doctor once, called all about bad nerves. when i read this, it helped me alot.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi CynAnn,

I can totally relate to your sypmtoms. I noticed my periods getting closer together last spring. That's when I started keeping track, but I suspect it may have started sooner. I'm about 21-24 days(with an occastional 19 now and then).
This cycle is making me crazy:
Bad PMS about 4-6 days before I start, then a heavy flow with cramping for 2 days, then light for 2 days. Then ovulation cramping from day 7-10, then a couple of good days, and them PMS starts again. I just don't seem to get a break. The only good part, is the light days at the end - and my cramping is much less than when I was younger.
To go along with this, I have 90% of the other sypmtoms - expecially anxiety - this is the worst.
I went through a few months sore boobs this past winter - and it was all the time, not just during PMS.
I'm still waiting for the longer/missed cycle - I think that may be the next step, before it all ends.

Good Luck, and hang in there. Bye the way, I'll be 48 this year, and will be having hormone tests in August. My gyn tested me last August, and I was still in the normal range.

marymk

Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
(female)

CynAnn HB User

good advice! great to know that its something to expect and not something to fret over. Maybe this is my beginning of the end? I have an appt. with my obgyn next month and she is going to do some hormone test, last she checked, about a year ago, all was still normal. Thanks guys for taking time to reply!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
(female)

Les44 HB User

So glad to read these posts. I'm having a wickedly terrible week! Off the bcp now for 2 weeks after being on it for 2 years! I suspect I"m going through some kind of withdrawal. I had to go off the pill cause I was bleeding even though I was on a constant dose and my family doc was worried I'd become anemic (again). Very heaving bleeding started almost immediately after stopping the pills. Bled for 8 days with bad cramping. Now I have no bleeding but severe cramps and lower back pain. I see a gyn in 3 weeks (first appt.) but not sure how to get through until then. The Advil and Ponstan aren't hardly working anymore. Because of my blood disorder my doc doesn't want me taking supplements or going on HRT, with the exception of vitamins. Allergic to soy and can't take black cohush. I just want to cry all the time.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Les

Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Les,
Let us know how your appt. goes. At least your bleeding has stopped for now. I worry how bad my periods will get again after I stop the pill. They bleeding is normal now the week I am off the pill, but will probably go crazy when I stop. Most of my other peri symptoms are still there, so I guess I won't have to worry about them returning, they never went away! Take care, Ann

Last edited by deinee; 07-07-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
(female)

Les44 HB User

Ann, why are you stopping the pill? If it's working for you then it seems to me you should stay on it. On the lighter side I've come to realize that hot flushes are really minor compared to the pelvic, ovarian and back pain. Besides, my husband's convinced that come winter my hot flushes will help reduce the cost of heating the house! Just not sure how one hot flush can heat up hundreds of square feet.
Les

Old 07-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Hi Les,
I guess I want to stop the pill this fall after our vacation because I am getting more and more worried about the connection between HRT and breast cancer. BCP is still a form of HRT according to GYN. I work in a public health facility and talking with more and more women that are getting breast cancer that are on HRT. Even some that only take the bio-identical hormones. My GYN said at my age I should stay on BCP no longer 1 year. I will soon be 52. It's such a tough decision. Your between a rock and a hard place! Just talked with a lady today that stopped her BCP because of bleeding while on them like you, and is right back to heavy non-stop periods. She wants a hyster to end this. I wish there were more options than surgery or hormone replacement. Have also talked with several women who had the endometrial ablation that said it was a waste of time. Worked for several months then right back to bleeding heavy. Who knows what's right? Ann

Old 07-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #9
(female)

Les44 HB User

My doc told me that HRT and bcp are 2 different things. Go figure. Guess that's why I was only allowed a very low dose bcp. I'm just 46 so apparently the bcp's ok as long as it was working.
At this point I'm fully prepared to request and undergo a hysterectomy. I'd rather deal with fallout from that then a relapse of my hemolytic anemia.

Closed Thread