It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Question Hip Pain and Peri-meno??????

Hi Girls,

I hope you're all having a great weekend!

I have yet another question. Since starting peri-meno, are you having hip pain....and especially at night. I'm a side sleeper and I notice when I'm having my worst peri symptoms I get this awful ache in my hip that I toss from side to side.

Anyone else get this? I still can't believe all the symptoms we get with this stuff...it's so fascinating that hormones can cause all these 35 symptoms.

Thank you and have a great rest of the weekend.

You're all a godsend. I'm so glad I have this board to come and ask questions. It gives such relief to read others have similar things and brings peace of mind.

Hugs to you all
slimseeker

Old 07-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

Wizard HB User
Re: Hip Pain and Peri-meno??????

Hi:

I'm not getting hip pain, but I am getting shoulder pain, just on the side I tend to lie on regularly. I'm doing a series of stretching exercises each morning to counteract it. It always seems to be worse on the nights when I've slept poorly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

I also have the shoulder pain (right shoulder), but I did have the hip pain when I first began having symptoms and did not know that it was related to my hormones. I hope that you get relief so that you can get some sleep .

Old 07-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I get hip pain ,and especially when i'm in bed. I get it in both hips ,so i'm always moving from side to side. i have been told that it could be related to menopause.

Old 07-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

I am in the process of being tested for perimeno (at 33!), but the more I read these message boards, the more I am certain I am going through this, e.g. depression, abnormally heavy but short periods, severe mood swings, night sweats, etc. Now this...

I also experience hip pain, although I wouldn't necessarily describe it "pain" as I would discomfort. It is a dull pain that radiates through my hips throughout the day and night. I thought it was related to cramps I get in my lower back during PMS (about a week before my period) and it is extremely uncomfortable (making it difficult to sit, stand or lay in one position for long). Does this sound familiar to any of you?

I just had my second FSH test this morning (3rd day) to see what exactly is going on. The more I read, though, the less optimistic I become about my condition. On the other hand, I am also more optimistic about my chances at becoming pregnant after reading these boards. It has really helped.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
(female)

cody48 HB User

Glad to hear that I'm not alone. I've been having hip pain for a number of months. Sometimes it bothers me while just sitting, other times while standing and many times laying on my side at night. Gosh, I had no idea that it was possibly connected to menopause.

Closed Thread