It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
(female)

laineyk HB User
what was it like to miss your 1st period?

I am on day 33 and no period, yet feels like its here for the last week, anxiety has been doubled and feeling tense constantly...ugh...BTW I never go this long I think I went 33 days once before a long time ago but it startyed on day 33 & I don't remember feeling this bad.
so I feel like I WANT my period to start to release all this tension. what to do? any suggestions and parralel stories? Lainey

Old 07-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
(female)

cyndi627 HB User
Re: what was it like to miss your 1st period?

SORRY but get used to it!!! Thisis the story of my life. I feel like i'm going to get my period all the time. PMS constantly and when you don't get it the feeling doesn't go away. Moody for the whole month, crampy, etc. I hate it - would much rather have my period!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

CynAnn HB User

OMG! I logged in to write the same exact thing that you posted! I saw the title "what was it like to miss your 1st period?" and I had to stopped and wonder if I had posted it and forgot about it!

I'm going through the same thing as you are!

I'm 46 and have had full-blown symptoms of PM for about 20 months now, I still (or was) having a period, closer and closer each month.

I should of started around July 2.....but NO PERIOD YET! and I am on day 34.

I have NEVER been this late (nope not pregant) so, I am right there with you, wondering if this is the beginning of the end.

The bad part for me too, is the fact that I am so bloated and feel so crampy, anxiety, PMS, like I am going to start any second, but nothing! and I have been feeling like this for over a week now.

ULG! I feel terrible! at least I know that I am not alone.
Good luck Lainey

Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

laineyk HB User

Cynann, I am so happy to find that I too am not alone. I keep running to the bathroom HOPING beyond hope that I have started & NOTHING!
I have every symptom and its starting to drive me batty. I to akm never this late & I could not be pregnant, no chance of that. Please keep me posted to how you do & I will do the same. Thank God that I am not all by my lonely, Lainey

Old 07-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
(female)

CynAnn HB User

Hi Lainey,

This afternoon, I cramped sooooo bad, I just knew that I had started and just like you, I run to the bathroom and nothing! I am at wits ends here!!! I keep asking myself, why all the cramping, bloating, etc. and still no period!?! its a nightmare.

I keep hoping I will start and get some relief from the cramps.:

I will keep you posted and you do the same, ok?

Hey! how old are you? have you had normal periods until now?

Take care,
CynAnn

Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

laineyk HB User

today is day 34 for me & I swear I have it but NOTHING!!!!! I can't take another day of this. I am 47 (and a half hee-hee) I drove home today thinking, "finally its started" I run to the bathroom and UGH.....how much longer can this go on?
So how about you?
My periods have been if anything, closer together as of the last few years 26, 28,19,14 days apart....never farther apart...I need to have my period, I can't believe I am saying this but I am sooo tese my neck muscles feel like they are going to crack soon.
Ok I guess I am done venting for now.....BTW, I am low on estrogen & if I had a gun who knows what I would do...LOL Lainey the INSANEY

Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
(female)

CynAnn HB User

Lainey,

I too feel like I NEED TO START! I feel like total crap, the cramps are annoying and today, I just knew I had started -several times! -- going to the bathroon expecting to see a flood and there is nothing.

I went to the Doc this morning, day 35 for me and no period. She ran some urine test, one being a pregnacy test (I guess they have to be totally sure) and I'm NOT pregnant, thank goodness.

anywho- I'm going back tomorrow, she wants to do some "blood work" to test my hormones, I guess. But, me, I just want to start and get back on a scheduled like I have been for the past 2 years!

I'm like you NEVER LATE and this is driving me nuts! I hate it, I hate feeling like I am going to start every minute of the day and then I dont and I feel so bad physically, ulg!

KEEP ME POSTED LAINEY!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

They call what your both are experiencing, "a phantom period." You have all the symptoms of having a period, with no blood. It is really strange.
I experience my first one when I was 47. I only missed one month and then started to have 3 week long periods after that and then they returned to normal for 6 months. I now am almost 50 and have only had two periods this year and they are just very, light spotting.
It is really hard to be on such a roller coaster. I am hoping that this is the way it will stay, until I stop completely.
Hang in there!

Old 07-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #9
(female)

laineyk HB User

"Phantom Period"? thats the pits....as if having a period isn't bad enough now we can enjoy "Phantom Periods" too?
Well here it is day 35 & by golly I had a teeny weeny spot this morning....you would have thought I had won the lottery.... so its just a little spotting (VERY LIGHT) but it may mean I will start later today. Hurrah for me. I saw my gyno last Dec. I think & she told me then that I was definately in the throws of peri-menopause so to lay back & "enjoy the ride".
Cyn, hope you get yours soon I will keep you posted as to the outcome of today....how silly...its like we are waiting for the birth of our first child.
Take care & God Bless, Lainey

Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 AM   #10
(female)

CynAnn HB User

"Phantom Period"? That makes sense. I think, way back, I read something about that. Well today is July 12th and still nothing. I had some blood work done yesterday and have a follow up appt. with the Doc on Friday.

Question...why do Docs what to do "blood work"? what can / does that show?

2nd Question...Lainey, how are you? did you start? I wondered if the tiny spot may have been it coming on for you. I'm curious to see if you did, how light --or heavy it will be since you were late. And yes, you are so right, we are like we are waiting on the birth of our 1st child! LOL

Thanks!
CynAnn

Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #11
(female)

laineyk HB User

Hi Cynann....I STARTED!!!!!!! Hip HIp Hurrah!!!!!! It was just a little spotting yesterday but this morning its really hard. so that was 35 days for me, longest I have gone....How r u? Anything yet? Well at least we know that theres a reason for us feeling so bad now if we can survive it for the next how many years it takes. God Bless, I will pray that you will start also and find some relief. Lainey

Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red Maple HB UserRed Maple HB User

Do let your doctor know what is going on. Not only for your health to be sure what you are experiencing is normal (it sounds like it is); but my doc gave some great support with drugs to help me through this time of my life. I HATE pills, drugs, etc. but they have helped me feel ever so much better! I am on an anti-depressant ("Celexa"-daily) to even out the moods, and an anti-anxiety ("Ativan"-as needed) for that horrible "on edge" feeling, and "Climara-Pro" (a bio-identical hormone patch). I know these drugs will be temporary, hopefully for just a little while longer, and have given me my life back in the meantime until this is finally over. I have been on my "happy pills and peaceful patch" for about 6 months now and my life is much improved. I am back to my old self again and enjoying life to the fullest.

Hang in there ladies!!! I am 53 and had my last period a little over 8 months ago. I breezed through peri. and thought maybe I would be one of those rare lucky ones that the whole menopause thing wouldn't really effect me much. Boy was I wrong! When I finally got to where my periods stopped completely--all heck broke loose--all the meno. symptoms crashed in on me all at once and I was totally miserable!!! It was like 10 years worth of peri. crammed into a one week period of time and suddenly hit me out of nowhere. I went running to my doctor for relief.

I hope my experiences will help other women out there. What a great place to vent to each other, and get some understanding from each other. Hope you all are feeling much better soon.

Last edited by Red Maple; 07-12-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #13
(female)

heitara HB User

For me the toboga ride started last year. I'm 52 now and after a long string of months with crazy periods (late, early, spotting, short, long, painful etc) during april and may I had the two most wonderful months of the last ten years. No period. No symptoms. No bloating. No headaches and moodyness. I felt invincible. I thought "is this it? Am I finally going to be free forever?"
That's because I'm overoptimistic. In june my period came. I started feeling dizzy, bloated, crampy and cranky nearly two weeks before. Just like you all every morning I spied the toilet paper hoping to see a sign. Then..three days of painful spotting and then it came and lasted about two days. I should get it again in a week. My breasts are already so sore I can't touch them. And my mood is something which is better not to mention. I'm in between despertate and mad at everybody. My gynecologist says I'm getting closer but I'm still producing estrogen so the war is not over.
But those two months...ladies, if that is being in the real menopause, it rules!

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Old 07-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #14
(female)

CynAnn HB User

LAINEY! WAY TO GO!!! day 35 and flowing!

....as for me, zip, nada, nothing....I havent felt as bad the past couple of days but I'm still looking for any signs everytime I got to the bathroom.

I have an appt. on Friday at 11am. My Doctor did some blood work to check my hormones.

I'm so glad you started, I know that you must feel so much better! Hopefully I will soon! I hope so.

ALSO...to all the kind, wonderful supports who have posted such great advice! I honestly do not know what I would do without this message board and good folks like you. Thank you so much!

Cyn

Old 07-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Okay, this may seem silly, but it's day 25 and I haven't started yet. I've been getting mine every 19-21 days for the past year. I think only once it went to 27 (that was in December).
I normally would think - this is great, it's not so soon this month. BUT - I've had TERRIBLE PMS, bloating, sore breasts, some cramping, and my usual headache I get the first two days. I've been expecting to start any minute, but nothing (except the above symptoms).
I have had alot of stress - my aunt (and god mother) died last week, and the funeral was yesterday, and very difficult and emotional for all. I'm thinking that this may have upset my cycle - or just maybe I'm going to start missing periods.
I wonder if all the stress was eneough to sent me into the 'next phase' of meno.
marymk

Closed Thread