It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

cyndi627 HB User
This NAUSEA THING

Those of you that have nausea and are peri- how often do you get it and how long does it last? is it at certain times of the month of all of the time? I'm starting to get this occassionally and am wondering what all of you are experiencing..... Also, what do you do/take to help with this nausea???
Thanks

Old 07-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
(female)

Wizard HB User
Re: This NAUSEA THING

Hi:

I find I'm nauseous from about 2 days prior to my period until well into the 2nd week. I go through this cycle each month where I lose weight during the first two weeks and then regain it at the end.

It can help to eat candied ginger when you're feeling nauseated. Other than that, I've just been grinning and bearing it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
(female)

Les44 HB User

I can't seem to time the nauseau. Sometimes it's related to what I eat so I now don't eat anything "fun" like hotdogs, sausages, anything too sweet, etc. Like Wizard I walk around with a bottle of ginger for those spontaneous moments. I don't use ginger candies, rather ginger capsules I got from the health food store. They really are heaven sent!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Thanks for the tips on nausea. It can hit hard sometimes. I feel worse when I get the heart palps and nausea. I think the heart palps bring on some nausea. I just try to leave the room I am in and go lay down if I am able.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
(female)

CynAnn HB User

Since I have became peri-m, I experience ~~~ waves of nausea

It varies for me. Most days, I will become nauseated 2-3 times a day for about 10 min - 1hr. I usually rest (if I can), sip water and sometimes, eat a peppermint (hard) candy and the nausea will soon pass.

It is another dreadful symptom of PM. Somedays I'm lucky and I'm not effected gy being nauseated but most days, I will have waves hit me off and on through out the day, regardless of what I eat.

CynAnn

Old 07-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
(female)

Lorene78 HB User

I have it very badly. I wake up early in the morning and the room is spinning and I'm nauseated. Sometimes I start vomiting from it.. Today I've been so sick all day long and am not interested in food at all. Not sure what to do.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
(female)

angelavan HB User

I was starting to think I had an ulcer. I'm usually sick to my stomach in the morning. Saltine crackers help. If your getting that sick you might want to go to the Dr and get some suppositories. They will also let you rest and sleep.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #8
(female)

Lorene78 HB User

Oh thank you for that advice Angelavan, I hadn't thought of that.. Funny thing too because I work for a doctor and we perscribe suppositories all the time for nausea.. First I'm going to try the ginger and see if that will help or not.
I love reading about all of you and what helps you ladies.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
(female)

adogaboo HB User
Smile Re: This NAUSEA THING

I have been searching for reassurance that nausea is a part of perimenopause, and now I find relief in knowing that my peers are also experiencing it as well. Not that I take comfort in other peoples suffering, its just people that I can finally empathize with. My nausea can happen at anytime of the day and can also be accompanied by heart palpitations and some flushing. I also experience severe bloating and gas, anyone else out there also experience the above symptoms.

My thoughts go out to all women in the midst of this wonderful but also scarry transition. We should all embrace this change with the grace and dignity that bearing children has brought to us.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
(female)

Korikins HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adogaboo
My thoughts go out to all women in the midst of this wonderful but also scarry transition. We should all embrace this change with the grace and dignity that bearing children has brought to us.

I think this is another reason why I'm having a hard time with this. I've always wanted a family but have never been blessed with one. I've been very unlucky in love all my life. I had a broken engagement 5 years ago, and I swear that was the start of all of this peri stuff.

It's really hard to not have a support system at all. I hope all of you have good men...and children behind you to help you through these times. Take it from me, it stinks when you don't.

Kori

Old 07-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

Kori,

Men don't help during this time. In fact, they can be a real mood swinger. I've been known to go from okay to totally pizzed from my husband entering the room.
Same with kids. I wish my 22 year old would move out soon. Too much testosterone in this place.

Women are the best support. Online, real-life..... just reach out to your woman friends. You are not alone.

Hugs,
Misty

Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

Oops, by the way, on the nausea thing..... I had it almost constant before going on the bcp. The pill has definately helped with that.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
(female)

adogaboo HB User

Korikins;
I am apologizing profusely, as I must have come across quite insensitively in regards to my reply about handling ones medical conditions in the way that one might handle child bearing. My heart goes out to all that may have been offended by my comment. Once again my intentions were not to pay any disrespect, but too suggest that all symptoms are a manifestation of change and that women can handle anything with support.
Sincerely adogaboo

Closed Thread