It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

angelavan HB User
Can Peri Really feel this bad?

Just wondering if any of you just feel or have felt so bad you did not want to get out of bed? I have started having about a week each month, ususally the week before I start also known as the week after I have stopped. Use to I would be a little tired, maybe a little moody, nothing too bad before my periods. Now I feel like I could easily turn into a raving lunatic. I am so tired all I can do is go to work and go home. I can not remember anything and if someone is doing anything that bothers me, I would rather they were not around taking up space. My hair is falling out and I feel as big as a house. I have gained 35 pounds in the last 3 years. My periods are 10 days long w/ 5 days or so of spotting. I feel like a big wimp and that I just complaining.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Can Peri Really feel this bad?

Angel, to answer your question...yes, perimenopause can feel this bad, but the good news is that it does get better. Did I hear you ask when, LOL??????? Good question and it would be great to have some scientific method of determining how long we all have before things settle down.

Initially it was difficult for me to accept that hormones could cause me to feel like I had some rare ailment. That is what had me going from doctor to dr. to dr......and having several CAT Scans, MRI, Ultrasounds and blood work. The good thing about that is that many possibilities were eliminated which did give me some peace of mind.

I can relate to everything that you are experiencing since I've been going through this for almost over 4 years. Through the use of vitamins, supplements, and compounded hormones I've been able to regain some amount of "normalcy" in my life. I'm not symptom free...although I strive for this...but I've come a long wayyyyyyyyyyys from when this all began.

This too shall pass.

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-12-2006 at 08:51 PM. Reason: If you are replying to the post directly before yours, please do not quote the post. The server will run faster with fewer quotes. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
(female)

angelavan HB User

Thanks Hopefully-
My brain tells me what you did, that it will pass. My body tells me I have some rare disease or aliens have taken over my body. Like puberty was'nt bad enough your body has to change again, but this time without periods. That's going to be really nice.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Hang in there. I am 3 years post and I feel so much better than I did 3 years ago. I was here, on this board, several times a day because I did not believe that there was not something terrible wrong with me.

The peri symptoms affected every cell in my body and I was convinced that I would be dead within the year. I was extremly anxious all the time.

Most of the awful symptoms have died down and I have tons of energy and I am starting to make friends again. I couldn't stand people for awhile.

It does get so much better. I am not completely back to normal yet but I feel like a human being again. My family is also relieved that I am back.

I didn't take anything. Just exercised on the days that I was not lying on the couch.

It gets better.

Closed Thread