It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

Les44 HB User
Desperate for relief..................

Okay, I am only 2 weeks away from my first gyno appt. For the past 40 days I've had pretty much constant 7/24 cramps, lower back pain, other pms you name it symptoms. Can't take the bcp anymore. Estrogen causes me to bleed. Prior to my last period I bled for just over 3 months, mostly light, but then bled very heavily for about 10 days. No blood now for about a month, but the cramps..........................So I'm now living on 3 ponstan (anti-inflammatory), extra strength advil and a B50 and multi every day. I know I'm within eyesight of my doc's appt. but I'm just so darned miserable. Of course through all this I have to work and I travel out of country quite regularly.
So here's my question. I have no idea what the gyno will say or do but I'm so so so tempted to beg for a hysterectomy. Never gonna have more kids (I'm 46) and I just can't seem to function anymore. I know a hysterectomy will end my periods, but will it end the cramps and back pain. I can live with hot flashes. I'm really worried I'm going to lose my job over this and I just can't let that happen.
Thanks for letting me vent. It's really been a bad bad bad day. I guess this is just part of my big cry.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Desperate for relief..................

I would listen to what your doctor had to say before mentioning a hysterectomy. Perhaps it is something like ovarian cysts that is causing all of your misery. Then only the cysts could be removed.

You really want to find out exactly what is causing all of your symptoms before you start cutting out a body part.

I myself would call the nurse every morning to see if there was a cancellation so I could get in to see the doctor earlier. Two weeks of suffering can seem like an eternity. I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Re: Desperate for relief..................

I am so very sorry for the pain and misery. It must be taking a toll on you. I think Belle has a good idea and try to get an appt by calling each day for cancellations.

Also, ask your doctor about endometrial ablation. It is where they cauterize your uterus so that there is little or no periods. It is a new alternative to hysterectomy. I don't know if the pains will go away, but that can be something to discuss with your doctor.
Please let us know how you are doing and what your doctor says. We are all here for you!

Pbjmom

Closed Thread