It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Who uses natural progesterone cream?

I have read on an internet site that natural progesterone cream can help get rid of breast cysts (which I have).

I am wondering who here uses natural progesterone cream and what benefits or negative side effects you have experienced from using it.

Also, what brand would you recommend.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Who uses natural progesterone cream?

I am one of a few that are not fans of natural progestrone cream. I started using to help with ovarian cysts. All I know is that my periods became uncontrolable shortly after starting the cream. Heavy, non-stop. I may have been low in estrogen and already high in progestrone, and I just made things worse. I know many ladies swear by it, really feel it helps many symptoms. I didn't notice any change in any of the other things while I was on it. The insomnia, night sweats, anxiety, restless leg syndrome, palps just to mention a few were all still there. Maybe some others can give you better experiences that they had. Take care, Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

I use it and have been pleased. But you should get a saliva test done before you start. It will show you what you are high and low in. Saliva tests can be purchased at a health food store or if you can find a compounding pharmacy, they will sometimes sell them. They will give you the instructions and you do it at home, send it off, then the test comes back to the pharmacy. They call you in and go over the results with you. My doctor works with the pharmacist, so my experience was a good one. The cream helps regulate my periods, ease breast tenderness and swelling, helps cramps, and mood swings. The only side affect I have is that I get a little sleepy if I use too much. BTW, my saliva test showed that I was just a little high in estrogen, but pretty low in progesterone and testosterone.
Cindy

Old 07-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

I tried an over-the-counter cream and had terrible problems with it (very heavy and irregular bleeding). I am now taking a compounded progesterone tablet, along with compounded estrogen, and have seen quite an improvement. The progesterone has really helped with my insomnia, and is helping some with depression/anxiety, while the estrogen is helping with hot flashes.

You have to have a doctor's prescription, along with bloodwork, and find a compounding pharmacy, but it is well worth the effort. Some pharmacies offer the hormones in tablet form and others use creams.

Last edited by oceandreams; 07-21-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Closed Thread