It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Bad Memory Chuckle

Okay, I can't believe I did this! I was getting dinner ready yesterday and went to the fridge to get out a lemon that I had bought that afternoon. I couldn't find it. So I'm thinking "Where did I put it?" Then I remembered that I NEVER UNLOADED THE GROCERIES OUT OF THE TRUNK OF MY CAR! Fresh meat, frozen foods and all.

No excuses, nothing had distracted me on the way home. Nothing really pressing for me to do when I got home. Nothing - I just got out of the car and went in the house. My husband thought I was mad at myself, but I really just couldn't believe that for 3 hours I'd never thought of the groceries still in the car.

And this is supposed the be the "good" time of the month...Okay I'm laughing this morning. There are worse things right?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

angelavan HB User
Re: Bad Memory Chuckle

That's a pretty good one. Did anything spoil?
I had a cop pull me over a couple of months ago and told me he was stopping me because my tags were 4 months expired! Had to get new tags, of course and go to traffic court. At least I remembered to go to court. Then when I went to get my tags I had not assessed for the year, so I had to pay back taxes. I have been doing this for years and never forgot either one of these. So mine was a little expensive. I thought I had lost my mind.
Went to the little convenent store the other day to get a bag of ice. Got there picked up some gum and drove home. My husband asked Where's the ice? I had forgotten to get ice. So went back & picked up ice. It's probably good I have no small children to look after. I would probably forget about them or leave them somewhere.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

oh katidid 95, you made me laugh outloud, the thought of your shopping slowly defrosting in your car. these 'senior moments' can be quite frightening at times, the more you try and remember something the further away it goes, so it's really nice to read a posting like yours and find the humour in it all. thank you.

sue

Old 07-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
(female)

rw82 HB User

The other day my husband and I were in the car ready to leave and he didn't have his cell phone. So I got back out of the car to get it.

I unlocked the door to the house, walked in, unset the alarm, stood there in front of it waiting for it to clear, reset it, relocked the door and went back to the car.

When I opened the car door he was just sitting there looking at me.

I immediately realized I did't get his phone !!

It's nice we aren't alone in this.

Closed Thread