It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

Korikins HB User
Smile Joining the club

Hi everyone!

My name is Kori and I'm joining the peri club. I've been reading for the last couple of weeks and finding out that I'm not alone. I am one of the "lucky" ones who is not making the transition very easily. I have almost every symptom that is listed in these postings except for the ones that are the most known, such as hot flashes and dryness.

When this first hit me back in January, I thought I was going to die. Went to the ER, and over the past 7 months I've had 5 blood testings, CT scan, x-rays. It wasn't until I talked with my chiropractor, who also does hormone balancing, did menopause come up. I just had a blood test done and my doctor comfirmed it. Now.....what to do.

I'm scared of HRT since I haven't had a hystie. I still have periods, but my last one was lighter and two weeks late. It's due again within a week. My chiropractor has progesterone creme if I want to try that. I've also been reading on the different things you all have been using.

My worst symptoms are: anxiety, neck pains where my neck meets my skull, wooziness, muscle and joint aches. I also think the circulation in my legs has gotten bad since my feet get cold now. Is that a symptom too?

I started back on my vitamin regimen that I've been lax at for the past year due to taking care of my mother and ignoring myself. I do take a combo of fish oil, flax seed oil and borage already, plus calcium. I just bought some magnesium but I'm not sure how much of each of these I should take now. I read that these are good to take during this period. I have a whole shelf in my cupboard that is nothing but vitamins, etc. I'm hoping by taking all of these again like I used to, that it will help me. If you need to know the whole list, I'll gladly post it.

I'm sorry this is so long, but this is all new to me. All of this hit me two days before the New Year and it's been a hard road ever since. Whenever I have a "spell" it takes me a month to feel better though I've never been symptom free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You all seem like such a great group of ladies.

Thanks,
Kori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Joining the club

Welcome to the club. Too bad, not a club most of us want in! I am like you, I have all the other symptoms of peri except for hot flashes, so when I started this last fall I thought I was dying. I didn't put things together and realize I was having hormone changes. I take some supplements, but don't think they have helped too much. I take magnesium 250mg. 2 times daily for heart palps and it does help with constipation too. I am not a fan of natural progesterone cream, made my periods worse. I am on BCP, will go off this fall. Can't wait for the cramps and non-stop periods to return. Let us know what natural things you are taking and what symptoms they help. Come to the board anytime, almost always someone will be able to help. Ann

Last edited by deinee; 07-21-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

cyndi627 HB User

Kori - I would love to see a list of what you take, how much of it and just what it is supposed to be for. I am in peri- and i take NOTHING!!!! Thanks

Old 07-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

Wizard HB User

Hi Kori:

What a fun time.....NOT.

I'm taking the magnesium which I find really relaxes my muscles. I take 250 mg just before bed and during the day, I take a calcium magnesium supplement that has 133 mg of magnesium in it.

I also take the Omega 3-6-9 mix, flax seed oil, and a super potency multi-vitamin. I do think that the flax seed oil and Omega's help with the depression that seems to hit most of us. I've also been sticking to a strict regimen of exercise. I find that by sticking to all this, I've been able to control most of the symptoms although I must admit that the burning in my feet and tingling still drive me crazy.

I've also been hit by every symptom in the book except the hot flashes. When this all suddenly hit me last fall, my anxiety levels were so high that I thought I had some major illness. I was tested for everything from B12 deficiency to heart problems, to mono and it turns out, my health is good....my hormones are just making me insane.

Let us know what you're taking, what's working...what isn't.

Jo

Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

When my peri symptoms first hit REALLY HARD about a year and a half ago, I thought I had every disease known to man. My legs would hardly move, and it felt like someone was squeezing my calves, so, of course, I searched the internet about this problem and thought I surely must have peripheral artery disease, though I had NONE of the risk factors: overweight, smoker, etc...

Well, I don't have that and my doctor said my heart is fine. This last week I had a really heavy and crampy period, so I'm still not even close to being in full-blown menopause...

My current symptoms are: anxiety, neck aches and muscle aches, tingling and buzzing in feet and head, major ringing in ears, off-balanced feeling when walking, burning feeling on skin, sweet cravings, bloating, digestive troubles, etc... All these things seem to be worse in thevenings, so I stay home at night. I don't want to go on HRT, and I read the other day that regualar exercise and a healthy diet that includes lots of fuits, veggies, and protein is probably the best way to deal with peri. I take a High Potency B-100, Vitamin C and Calcium. I don't want to take too many supplements as they irritate my stomach...

Welcome Kori--we are here for you!!

Viktik

Old 07-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Welcome! The people on this board are so nice and very helpful with advice.

I have many of the symptoms and have been going on for about a year in full swing. I have been taking magnesium and calcium along with a multi-vitamin. I also put myself (with Doctor approval) back on Zoloft. My husband and I talked last night and he says that he has seen a great change in me. My anxiety levels were through the roof and I cried just knowing I was dying of something. Now, I can keep myself from fearing the little things and have started to enjoy things again.

We are in this together! Tell us how you are doing!
pbjmom

Closed Thread